Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:02 PM
rcbirk21 is offline
Find More Posts by rcbirk21
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
A 6S setup would be ideal as it means a single battery (6S5000mAh) instead of multiple packs to charge.

What is the all up weight for your 3D planes with this setup?
it depends on the plane. with a 3dhs 65 vyper im around 7.5-8 pounds, but with one of the bigger ones like the 71 slick, 72 extra, or 74 edge it will be 9-10.5 pounds
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:24 PM
JimDrew is online now
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Are you using a 6S5000mAh pack? What prop are you using? What RPMs? Curious minds want to know...
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:55 PM
rcbirk21 is offline
Find More Posts by rcbirk21
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Are you using a 6S5000mAh pack? What prop are you using? What RPMs? Curious minds want to know...
im using a motrolfly 4320-450 on my 65 vyper. havnt checked rpms, but yes a 6s5000 with a 18x8, 18x10, or 19x8 (havnt tested out the different props yet, most likely the 18x8). on the 72 extra or 74 edge, a motrolfly 4330 would be ideal swinging a 19x10 prop (not sure of kv), and 71 slick a motrolfly 4325-380 with a 19x10. There are hacker options as well, but i tend to run the motrolfly stuff. as soon as i get my fleet back up and running i will be doing more rpm testing
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:19 PM
dirtybird is offline
Find More Posts by dirtybird
Registered User
One product you might add is a low voltage detector like you have in your receiver. I read all the time about the need to use an oscilloscope to detect instantaneous low voltage. It seems to me it would be a simple design that you could sell cheap.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:34 PM
JimDrew is online now
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
im using a motrolfly 4320-450 on my 65 vyper. havnt checked rpms, but yes a 6s5000 with a 18x8, 18x10, or 19x8 (havnt tested out the different props yet, most likely the 18x8). on the 72 extra or 74 edge, a motrolfly 4330 would be ideal swinging a 19x10 prop (not sure of kv), and 71 slick a motrolfly 4325-380 with a 19x10. There are hacker options as well, but i tend to run the motrolfly stuff. as soon as i get my fleet back up and running i will be doing more rpm testing
Thanks for the info!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:37 PM
JimDrew is online now
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybird View Post
One product you might add is a low voltage detector like you have in your receiver. I read all the time about the need to use an oscilloscope to detect instantaneous low voltage. It seems to me it would be a simple design that you could sell cheap.
We already have that product! It's called the Tattletale:

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/pr...hp?prod=XPS-TT
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:20 AM
dirtybird is offline
Find More Posts by dirtybird
Registered User
Its too bad you don't advertise that so people would know about your products.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:04 PM
JimDrew is online now
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Well, we have sold thousands of them over the last few years that they have been available.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:25 AM
Dennis 9412 is online now
Find More Posts by Dennis 9412
Team Airtronics
Dennis 9412's Avatar

Tattletail


Hi Jim,

Does your Tattletail work with any 2.4Gig system, or just XPS?

Regards,

Dennis
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:36 AM
JimDrew is online now
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
The TattleTale works with ANY system. You can use it with 36MHz/40MHz72MHz/etc. even.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 24, 2013, 01:42 PM
Grich is offline
Find More Posts by Grich
Registered User
Grich's Avatar
what is needed is a low voltage detector that sends that information to the transmitter so we get a low voltage warning in a buzzer or voice. voice preferable in the new xmitter. The receiver voltage is not as critical as the flight pack voltage.
I have run out of prop power long before effecting the receiver power.
Last edited by Grich; Mar 24, 2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: added last line.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:20 PM
E_ferret is offline
Find More Posts by E_ferret
Registered User
E_ferret's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grich View Post
what is needed is a low voltage detector that sends that information to the transmitter so we get a low voltage warning in a buzzer or voice. voice preferable in the new xmitter. The receiver voltage is not as critical as the flight pack voltage.
I have run out of prop power long before effecting the receiver power.
everybody seems to find that the flight PACK Voltage is a critical item.
Am I the only modeller in the world considering the INDIVIDUAL CELL Voltage to be the critical item instead?

looks like nobody uses individual cell monitoring modules like the 'cellshield' from Dimension Engineering or the 'lipodimatic/lifedimatic' from Schulze electronik or am I wrong?(again)

a device that returns telemetry for Voltage/cell number on a critical cell or a pack's critical temperature would be a very useful gadget.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 06:08 PM
Grich is offline
Find More Posts by Grich
Registered User
Grich's Avatar
I'm with E_ferret on the single cell as i've said in an earlier post. A single lowest cell is your best indicator as i get in my frsky and my quantum but total voltage is better than nothing. And i would like to do it with adding the least possible weight by maybe one senser hooked to an expander.
Last edited by Grich; Mar 24, 2013 at 06:11 PM. Reason: add last line.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 02:23 AM
flarssen is offline
Find More Posts by flarssen
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grich View Post
I'm with E_ferret on the single cell as i've said in an earlier post. A single lowest cell is your best indicator as i get in my frsky and my quantum but total voltage is better than nothing.
So you use these? Have you checked the accuracy?

Fred
Old Mar 25, 2013, 07:50 AM
cluft is offline
Find More Posts by cluft
SailPlane'r
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ferret View Post
everybody seems to find that the flight PACK Voltage is a critical item.
Am I the only modeller in the world considering the INDIVIDUAL CELL Voltage to be the critical item instead?

looks like nobody uses individual cell monitoring modules like the 'cellshield' from Dimension Engineering or the 'lipodimatic/lifedimatic' from Schulze electronik or am I wrong?(again)

a device that returns telemetry for Voltage/cell number on a critical cell or a pack's critical temperature would be a very useful gadget.
I've used these

Thay work well.

Carl


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Product request/idea for MX-20 zaguruinzasky FPV Talk 0 Oct 26, 2012 07:37 PM
Discussion A product idea Stumblebee Multirotor Electronics 9 Aug 27, 2012 08:21 PM
Discussion Wanted ideas of a product or a product to sell me camaroz28325 Aerial Photography 5 Jan 26, 2009 12:05 PM
Product idea - ATV/Endpoint adjuster dgoebel Electric Plane Talk 0 Jun 26, 2001 09:38 PM