Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:05 AM
Find More Posts by Boogie_
Cajun-American
Yep, I'm swamped at work.
That's really a good thing but not much plane building going on.

Plus my air compressor at the shop froze up last Friday and I had to replace the pump. Put me two days behind on my work schedule.

Looks like a lighter schedule next week, hope to be back on the MiG.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:20 PM
Cajun-American
Well, seeing Jeff working on his F-11 again was enough to shame me into getting back on the MiG.

The fuse plug has actually be ready for glassing for a while now, just never could find the time to work it in. Keeping the rest of my fleet flying is almost a full time job.
But just the little bit I did today has got me all fired up again.

Julian
Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:23 PM
Find More Posts by AirX
EDF rules... :)
Julian,

Is that a paper covering under the glass?

Eric B.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 08:24 PM
Find More Posts by St. Martin
Big gov never Works
Quote:
Keeping the rest of my fleet flying is almost a full time job.
sheeesh... when I was your age, I walked to work in 6 feet of snow, shared socks with my cousin Armie, came home from work and plowed the potato field. Then worked 10hours on a Sterling model, on the back of a closet door!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 09:05 PM
Cajun-American
Oh man, poor cousin Arnie
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:26 PM
Cajun-American
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirX View Post
Julian,

Is that a paper covering under the glass?

Eric B.
On the MiG or the Cougar?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:00 PM
Find More Posts by AirX
EDF rules... :)
Hi Julian,

The color of the parts must be the resin. I thought it was paper under the glass.

Eric B.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:02 AM
Find More Posts by Waltjg
Great to see ya back at it Julian!!! w.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:49 AM
Cajun-American
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirX View Post
Hi Julian,

The color of the parts must be the resin. I thought it was paper under the glass.

Eric B.
Yep, the resin is brown. The foam and filler on the plug make it a different shade.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:25 AM
Find More Posts by SCALECRAFT
Impressive project and talent.

I'm looking to do a 90mm composite MiG21 after finishing my 90mm/120 104. Almost done.

Unique jets make the hobby more interesting. Too many of the same models out there these days.

Steve
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:26 AM
Cajun-American
Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Finally got a little time this morning to rough sand the glass and shoot a primer coat.
Looks good in the pics, ...lots of blems to float out. And I have one side of the rear fuse that has a slight swallow tail. Will fill that with bondo and slick it out.

Julian
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:45 AM
Find More Posts by pencon
Looks great so far . Scalecraft , I agree 100% looking forward to your mig build as well .are you going to design it on autocad ? Or use the formers off an existing plan like the ones on eBay?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:01 AM
Find More Posts by D_FAST
Awesome~
Old Mar 26, 2013, 12:58 PM
Find More Posts by SCALECRAFT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencon View Post
Looks great so far . Scalecraft , I agree 100% looking forward to your mig build as well .are you going to design it on autocad ? Or use the formers off an existing plan like the ones on eBay?

I'm going to use the same method as my 104. 3 views off the net with fuse bulkhead shapes. Enlarged as needed. Hand cut hot wire patterns. I'm not that good with any cad designs. My compucarve is all I can use. Barely.

Since I only need the outer shape, the 3 views are scale drawings that give the true scale shapes.

Steve