Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 13, 2012, 02:33 PM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
There have been several attempts for variable pitch MRs in the past:
http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...implementation

Variable-Pitch Quadrotor Trajectory Generation and Control (2 min 49 sec)


SMQ-VPP #2 (Crashed) (3 min 9 sec)


Variable Pitch Quadcopter - AutoPilot System &Upside-down flight (3 min 17 sec)


But yours is flying really great!
Please post your setup.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2012, 03:11 PM
Registered User
Here is the raw footage you requested:

3D Quad Raw Footage Flips (0 min 12 sec)
Dec 13, 2012, 03:20 PM
Registered User
any technical infos, photos, used components etc?
Dec 13, 2012, 03:22 PM
I never finish anyth
No warthox. You aren't allowed to have one. I've done the math and warthox with a CP multi will cause a black hole and destroy the earth.
Dec 13, 2012, 04:15 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
No warthox. You aren't allowed to have one. I've done the math and warthox with a CP multi will cause a black hole and destroy the earth.

ive already built one some months ago but i didnt want to fly it because i was aware of this black hole thing
no seriously, im not sure if i could fly such a cp quad in the 3d way. i dont fly helis so dont expect to much...
Dec 13, 2012, 05:59 PM
Team White Llama
Enthlapy's Avatar
NICE! Cant wait to see specs!
Dec 13, 2012, 06:58 PM
Registered User
Quote:
it's also having to deal with the slowing and speeding up of individual arms.
If the unit is fully collective pitch - and it certainly seems so with that flight envelope - there will be no need to speed up and and slow down the rotors. The collective will do that for you same as in a collective pitch model helicopter. Then the lift changes would as fast as a servo can move.
Dec 13, 2012, 07:01 PM
RCGroups Heli Editor
ndfly700's Avatar
I.....Cant.....Wait.....

I soooo wana do some piroflips with a quad!!!!

The mechanics don't seem to hard, its software is what gets me confused. So mine will stay on the shelf until I learn programming in 2064....
Dec 13, 2012, 07:26 PM
Registered User
I would really appreciate some more details about how this quad was built, and any advice you could give to somebody interested in building a quad with collective pitch.

Also, what kind of flight times are you getting? I understand that the acrobatic advantages of using collective pitch instead of (or in addition to) variable RPM comes at the detriment of efficiency because of the airfoil/rotor limitations, but I'm just wondering how significant this loss of efficiency is in terms of flight time or payload capacity.
Dec 13, 2012, 08:39 PM
Team White Llama
Enthlapy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfly700 View Post
I.....Cant.....Wait.....

I soooo wana do some piroflips with a quad!!!!
You can do it now
Dec 13, 2012, 09:49 PM
Flying Monkey
heli-yeah's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
any technical infos, photos, used components etc?
+1

Please don't spare any details!
Dec 14, 2012, 02:11 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfly700 View Post
.....Cant.....Wait.....

I soooo wana do some piroflips with a quad!!!!

The mechanics don't seem to hard, its software is what gets me confused. So mine will stay on the shelf until I learn programming in 2064....
i would say a good mechanic is the hard part. building cheap doesnt lead to a good performance the software is already available since months... at least for mwc.
Dec 14, 2012, 09:19 AM
CY1
CY1
Registered User
Hey guys,

This is Curtis Youngblood, I just created my account on RCGroups. Some of you might know me from the Heli community.

I asked Rusty to post the video for me. I am new to the multi rotor community, although I have been working on this new project for quite a while, I have not been in the community as a whole.

I asked him to post the video for me, because I assumed if my name was directly attached to it, it would get pushed directly to the heli community and might not get an honest response within the Multi rotor group.

I am happy to see the general response has been positive.

I decided to go ahead and post about it, because I could tell guys really wanted specifics and details on the machine so they could "build their own". Which I think is great. But since we plan to have this out as a product later, we were not releasing specific details yet.

We plan on having more videos and info to come in the near future and we hope that guys in the multi rotor community as well as helis and other groups will enjoy this new and I might add really fun to fly, machine.

Curtis
Dec 14, 2012, 09:24 AM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CY1 View Post
Hey guys,

This is Curtis Youngblood, I just created my account on RCGroups. Some of you might know me from the Heli community.

I asked Rusty to post the video for me. I am new to the multi rotor community, although I have been working on this new project for quite a while, I have not been in the community as a whole.

I asked him to post the video for me, because I assumed if my name was directly attached to it, it would get pushed directly to the heli community and might not get an honest response within the Multi rotor group.

I am happy to see the general response has been positive.

I decided to go ahead and post about it, because I could tell guys really wanted specifics and details on the machine so they could "build their own". Which I think is great. But since we plan to have this out as a product later, we were not releasing specific details yet.

We plan on having more videos and info to come in the near future and we hope that guys in the multi rotor community as well as helis and other groups will enjoy this new and I might add really fun to fly, machine.

Curtis
Hello Curtis,

You are a legend in the heli community.
I own 3 Raves and they are my fav 450's and I have owned them all.

Cant wait for the release of this beast.

I am interested in carrying them in my shop and for myself of course.
Dec 14, 2012, 09:44 AM
CY1
CY1
Registered User
Z06,

Thanks, as I mentioned I am new to this community and I respect the fact that guys into multi rotors have their own likes and dislikes.

Curtis


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rant No UMX Beast 3D videos with any 3d!! RCAddict16 3D Foamies 1 Jun 28, 2012 04:29 PM
Sold 3D Robotics 3DR Quad Frame $50 Shipped xavenged Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Apr 11, 2012 11:33 PM
Sold 3D Robotics 3DR Quad Frame $60 Shipped xavenged Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 0 Apr 02, 2012 12:29 PM
Discussion Canon Ixus 115 HS quad video (HD) antiguogrumete Aerial Photography 2 Mar 10, 2012 02:37 AM
Discussion Quad recommendation needed for video lbartone Multirotor Drone Talk 1 Feb 22, 2012 07:55 PM