See what you ear; ear what you see - RC Groups
Dec 12, 2012, 10:17 PM
Discussion

See what you ear; ear what you see

I found a way , quite by accident ; to use the back pressure of a speaker as a pumping system for a smoke unit ...Take a look at this video and judge by yourself..

The real smoke&sound (3 min 14 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2012, 04:27 PM
Hey that looks intresting so how did you figure that one out.? How do you have it set up with what ?? Thanks
Dec 19, 2012, 06:04 PM
This is in the wake of the idea I had last week, about using the backpressure of a speaker as a pumping system for a smoke unit...

It's one thing to test an idea on a bench; but making it work in a model is another ball game...

Nevertheless, I succeeded in mounting a small (but powerful) taigen speaker between the gearboxes of my H.L. Pershing; and couple it with the smoke chamber of a modified H.L. smoke unit.

Since the idea came to me while I was working on a modification to boost the audio output of my tank; I blended both smoke and sound together…

The audio modification is based on a 2 X 15 Watts Stereo Amplifier that I bought on E-Bay. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TDA7297F-Digi...#ht_3567wt_954

My original plan was to use only one channel to drive a taigen speaker mounted in the front of my tank.
I also connected my two batteries ( 5000 Mah NiMH) in serial; to get around 15 Volts to the Amp.

For the new modification, I’m using the 2 channels to power 2 speakers…
Each channel has it’s own volume control; so I can set the volume of the rear speaker to get the level of smoke that I desire; and use the front speaker as a master for the overall sound level…

Here’s a static video of the system…

Acoustic smoker in H.L. Pershing (4 min 52 sec)
Jan 17, 2013, 11:44 PM
That's quite a brilliant idea mate
Jan 18, 2013, 07:45 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
thats pretty cool. dual exhaust, electronic hooka :-)))