Lite Machines web Site update - RC Groups
Nov 19, 2001, 10:51 PM

Lite Machines web Site update

They just did a web site update on the new Corona heli.If you download the Manual it looks very good.The only question it looks they have two types of motors. Electro-Fusion 7 for 7 cells and the Electro-Fusion 6 for 6 cells.So what would the best type and who makes the motors.On the spec for 7 Fusion motor, 150W and 22,700 rpm.

Regards
Wayne
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2001, 11:09 PM
KJ
KJ
When I looked at the manual, they prefer the 7 cell motor vs. the 6-cell.

I just got this heli a few days ago but went with a Kyosho Atomic Force motor based on discussions I found here. I've been having speed controller heat problems with this motor. If I had to do it again, I would get the motor and controller they recommend and sell. The motor is a Reedy and the controller is a castle creations Pegasus 35H I believe.
Nov 20, 2001, 09:28 PM
In the interest of simplicity, I bought LiteMachine's motor and speed controller with my Corona. It came with the 7 Cell motor. The 6 cell option wasn't listed anywhere when I ordered, and the first I heard about it was in the manual.

The Speed Controller is from Castle Creations, and I think you're right that it's the Pegasus 35 (LiteMachines has their own label on it though, so I can't be sure). The same holds true for the motor...it's got a LiteMachines label on it so I don't know what model it really is. The supplied pinion is 9T.

Now all I have to do is build the thing.
Nov 20, 2001, 11:26 PM

Pegasus 35 Question

The Pegasus 35 has a BEC on it.So would the motor cut out, and crash the heli.I thought you would want one without BEC like the Jeti 300 controller.

Thks
Wayne
Nov 21, 2001, 12:19 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
There are 2 versions of the P35. 1 is the standard with a LVC (low voltage cutoff). The other is a P35(H) without a LVC made for heli use.

They both have BEC which has nothing to do with the LVC
Nov 21, 2001, 10:43 AM
Hi Fred

I went to there web site and there is no Pegasus 35(H). I this a custom made controller. Looked up here in Canada can only find the P35 with BEC.

Thks
Wayne