Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by jjmelo, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:44 PM
Find More Posts by jjmelo
Build Log

New Scratch-built plane: Kondor FPV

Hey gang!

I started working on a new scratch-built plane, using some techniques from Ed @Experimental Airlines (mainly, the Armin wing). I call it the Kondor FPV. Its 40in. long with a 60" wingspan. Its a boxy-design that opens up in the front and the back.

The design is heavily inspired by the Borjet MAJA.

It has a Turnigy D3536/8 1000KV way in the back, turning a 10X7 Prop, running on a 50 AMP ESC (also Turnigy).

It is tail-heavy by design, so I can fit 2 X 3,000 maH 4-cell LiPo in the front, along with 2 cameras, a high-def for recording and a board-cam for the FPV setup.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The 'Nocchio - 22" FPV Wing
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:41 PM
Find More Posts by rclab1
USA: LakeGeorge, New York

Waiting On your project buddy!
Looks good so far

p.s.
do you make scratch builds a lot?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:17 PM
Find More Posts by ExperimentalAir
Ed @ Experimental Airlines
That's cool man. I'm interested to see how the pusher works with the standard planform. I actually started the Peace Drone like this and it turned into a canard coz it was so tail heavy. Please give observations on your experiences, videos bonus!

Live easy,
Ed
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:09 AM
Find More Posts by jjmelo

Video

Hey Ed! I've watched every single one of your videos! I've made a Axon, Peace Drone and a Photon. Thanks for your building techniques, especially the Armin wing, I've made a ton of those and the last one I did for this plane was the cleanest one yet!

I have 2 flight videos of the Kondor FPV, including an onboard video. Check the posts out. It flies great!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1787529

and

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1787531
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The 'Nocchio - 22" FPV Wing