Feb 23, 2015, 08:10 AM
Hi

Can somebody please redirect me to the page with the mods for the wheels on this plane ?

Scott
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2015, 08:30 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
My first attempt can be found here. The final setup is here.

And jevs did his another way, which can be found here. That's just a few I found, I'm sure there are others that came up with different ideas. Good luck.
Feb 23, 2015, 09:25 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
I modded my wheels as well: I snipped the gear off
Feb 23, 2015, 10:50 AM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround
A bit late but I'll add that those batteries are fine. The advantages for me are that I can use the same batteries in my UMX aircraft and there isn't a floating balance lead trailing in the breeze. Oh, and they save 1g in weight

Too late but I will say that I have those same props, but in green, on my MXS-C Mini and they work great. They are way tougher than GWS ones. I also use Turnigy 8x4 props from HK on my Crack Yak and CTB and they also work fantastically and are strong. I prefer them over GWS and Tuff.

Not tried but I have also bought some HK 10x4.7 carbon enriched (whatever that means) for the 39" Sbach.

For O rings you want 14mm inner diameter, 1.5mm thick which means 17mm outer diameter. The suggestions above are also good but I just found it easier to buy a bag of 25 O rings for almost no money from ebay.
not too late to have good info. thank you.

i ordered 20 of these from VH and 8 of these from HK. yeah, a bit of overkill . some of the reviews on HK stated that their props were out of balance and broke easily, so i got spooked.

on the maiden (a couple of days away at least), do i just hand launch? and on landing do i try to harrier her in?

the only other profile foamie i flew was a friend's homemade one and he did the launching for me. since i ROG i wasn't that good at belly landing but i didn't break anything. tips appreciated.
Feb 23, 2015, 04:42 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Hand launching isn't that hard just hold the plane at a 45 degree angle add about half throttle and let go. Oh and make sure all surfaces are moving in the right direction. Nothing like a launch to find out the elevator is reversed.
Feb 23, 2015, 04:54 PM
thanks. will do. i'm guessing you found your elevator reversed when you maidened?

walmart was useless for O-rings. will try Home Depot by my home when i head back from work. just in case that doesn't pan out, would you guys be able to suggest what HK O-rings to get? they seem to go by motor shaft size or not give any dimensions. at least i couldn't find the 17, 14, 1.5 mm dimensioned ones.
Feb 23, 2015, 04:54 PM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
Like Kam says, a hand launch is just letting go! Harrier type landing on grass is the best way. On a dead smooth surface you could do a normal landing I guess. I got hacked off with the gear and snipped it off. Less weight, less drag and just flop it onto the grass to land. If you do this, only cut the bits below the fuselage - leave the 'V' in as a brace between wings and fuselage as it is part of the structure. Sand the cut ends as you don't want a strand of carbon fibre in your finger
Feb 23, 2015, 05:03 PM
Let's FPV in Middle TN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl
thanks. will do. i'm guessing you found your elevator reversed when you maidened?

walmart was useless for O-rings. will try Home Depot by my home when i head back from work. just in case that doesn't pan out, would you guys be able to suggest what HK O-rings to get? they seem to go by motor shaft size or not give any dimensions. at least i couldn't find the 17, 14, 1.5 mm dimensioned ones.
You'll have no problem finding some that work at Home Depot or Lowes in the plumbing repair area. just take one in that you know worked and its broken or buy several of the closest things you can find and try them out. You can double up, go thicker, etc to find what you like best.
Feb 23, 2015, 05:10 PM
thanks, guys. ok, i'll put my eggs in the Home Depot basket.
Feb 23, 2015, 05:57 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Haven't had any controls reversed in awhile but things like that happens. Especially when you're in a rush to get a maiden done.

When I get o rings it's off to home depot. After using bands though I rarely go back to o rings.
Feb 24, 2015, 12:26 AM
finished putting her together. tried a little hovering in the apartment. not more than a couple of seconds. also trying to keep her low over the bed to minimize height when she drops. so much for maidening her on the field.
Feb 24, 2015, 04:10 PM
John
For all those in search of the perfect O ring. I bought a Daisy Slingshot replacement band and just cut a little piece off when I need a new band. They will last and last, this band is designed to stretch, unlike the O rings. O rings will start to crack and break the longer they are on.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Daisy-Slin...-Band/15729972
Feb 24, 2015, 05:14 PM
Extremely Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6672
For all those in search of the perfect O ring. I bought a Daisy Slingshot replacement band and just cut a little piece off when I need a new band. They will last and last, this band is designed to stretch, unlike the O rings. O rings will start to crack and break the longer they are on.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Daisy-Slin...-Band/15729972
+1

That's what I do.
Mar 04, 2015, 12:44 AM
Still my favorite indoor plane
Mar 14, 2015, 07:10 PM
Hi

Iam getting ready to finish up one of these bad boys to go along with my mini Pitts. Is there any key areas on the plane that I need to reinforce or beef up that you guys have seen will be the first to break from a crash ?

Scott

Quick Reply