Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:19 AM
Find More Posts by vmmattil
Discussion

Which Durafly micro after Champ & Carbon Cub?

I want a 3D capable micro and would like to try HK Durafly. Which one should I get? I appreciate durability, wind handling and spare parts availability. I have flown my UMX Carbon Cub quite much and can fly inverted etc.

I also have the Spektrum dx6i radio, can I order a compatible receiver from HK?
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:48 PM
Find More Posts by UNGN
Power Wheels Guru
An Sbach 3D is worth the $50 price difference between it and similar Durafly plane and you'll never have to wait 3 weeks for parts (3 weeks if they are in stock).
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:56 PM
Good point, plus having to worry about getting a compatible receiver for the Duraflys.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:05 PM
Find More Posts by UNGN
Power Wheels Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmmattil View Post
Good point, plus having to worry about getting a compatible receiver for the Duraflys.
The R415 with a splittler cable for ailerons will be DSM2 compatible., but the Sbach flies so much better and is lighter for Hovering, knife edge, etc.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:44 PM
Find More Posts by airpower
Have fun
I have never heard of a durafly micro that flies well. Larger duraflys are a different story, but ive heard across the board negativity and apathy with their micros, specifically their slick, critical mass, rarebear, and telemicro.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:23 PM
Yeah I actually spent the money on a Blade 130x instead