Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Dec 08, 2012, 05:30 PM
Registered User
Discussion

Recommend best quadcopter in price up to $100.


Hi guys,
Help me to choose best quadcopter (stable,responsible,good flying range) in price up to $100(RTF?) ?
Or maybe i can build better quadcopter myself using $100 for electronics (motors,ESC's,props,battery) and board,is it possible?I have radio system.

Thanks.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2012, 06:28 PM
Registered User
The cheapest and best would be in my oppinion to build one your self. You dont specify what size but my best bet would be get these items from hobbyking
Q450 frame 15
NTM prop drive 2826 1200kv 15 x 4 = 60
Turnigy plush 25a esc 15 x 4 = 60
KK 2.0 flight controller 20
Some power board or make your own using a wire harness.
9x6 or similar props.
Some battery 3s 22 - 3200 mah
A little above the 100 loft but you can check it yourself www.hobbyking.com
I have built my own quad using these items. only i took the 30a escs, and have alot of different props.
Dec 09, 2012, 03:33 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by vartaz
The cheapest and best would be in my oppinion to build one your self. You dont specify what size but my best bet would be get these items from hobbyking
Q450 frame 15
NTM prop drive 2826 1200kv 15 x 4 = 60
Turnigy plush 25a esc 15 x 4 = 60
KK 2.0 flight controller 20
Some power board or make your own using a wire harness.
9x6 or similar props.
Some battery 3s 22 - 3200 mah
A little above the 100 loft but you can check it yourself www.hobbyking.com
I have built my own quad using these items. only i took the 30a escs, and have alot of different props.
Others agree with this setup? What would be the thrust of this setup?
Dec 09, 2012, 05:40 AM
Anything can be made to fly
echo75's Avatar
For $100 RTF as you request you are limited micro models like the MQX or the Hubsan.
Dec 09, 2012, 08:04 AM
Out of helis, sanity returning
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip22
Others agree with this setup? What would be the thrust of this setup?
That's a really good and pretty standard setup that Vartaz suggested. 2200mah battery will be fine for that and save weight.

If this is your first quad, I wouldn't worry too much about thrust. Building one, getting it into the air and learning to fly will be your first challenges. Considerations of thrust can come later.
Dec 09, 2012, 08:08 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2400RDR
That's a really good and pretty standard setup that Vartaz suggested. 2200mah battery will be fine for that and save weight.

If this is your first quad, I wouldn't worry too much about thrust. Building one, getting it into the air and learning to fly will be your first challenges. Considerations of thrust can come later.
But i am interested, what would be thrust about with this setup?
Dec 09, 2012, 08:22 AM
Out of helis, sanity returning
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip22
But i am interested, what would be thrust about with this setup?
Sorry- I have no idea. I never worry about such things
Dec 09, 2012, 08:28 AM
Out of helis, sanity returning
OK- I looked it up. DT750 motors with an 11x 4.7 prop will make a max of 1000 gm of thrust (probably on 3S), or 4kg for a quad with four. Keep in mind that most of your flying will be done at about 50% throttle if you've planned everything out right, so you'll be using 2kg thrust, which should lift your 3 lb frame ok.

Here's a link to the specs for the motor:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ner_750kv.html
Dec 09, 2012, 08:42 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2400RDR
OK- I looked it up. DT750 motors with an 11x 4.7 prop will make a max of 1000 gm of thrust (probably on 3S), or 4kg for a quad with four. Keep in mind that most of your flying will be done at about 50% throttle if you've planned everything out right, so you'll be using 2kg thrust, which should lift your 3 lb frame ok.

Here's a link to the specs for the motor:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ner_750kv.html
Ok,then

4x http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ner_750kv.html
4x 11x 4.7 props (give me please link,can't find)
KK board
Fram i will make myself.

Recommend (with link) 4 ESC's + best battery for these motors and props?

Thanks
Dec 09, 2012, 08:49 AM
Out of helis, sanity returning
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip22
Ok,then

4x http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ner_750kv.html
4x 11x 4.7 props (give me please link,can't find)
KK board
Fram i will make myself.

Recommend (with link) 4 ESC's + best battery for these motors and props?

Thanks
I think maybe you should do a little searching on your own- you'll learn a lot a long the way. Go to HobbyKing and look in their "Multi-rotors and Parts" section, and check "Propellors". Also, don't forget that you'll need ESCs also. The HK F30 escs are really good.

BTW, if you really can't find props, I'll help with a link. Give it a try yourself first though.
Dec 09, 2012, 09:59 AM
Qualified
JohnVH's Avatar
If you went tricopter you would have to buy one less esc motor and prop.
Dec 09, 2012, 11:34 AM
we dont NEED roads!
AcroFPV's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH
If you went tricopter you would have to buy one less esc motor and prop.
a DT750 and ESC cost about as much as a decent servo. So the cost advantage of building a Tri doesn't really exist.

Your build list looks good. I fly with DT750's, 11x4.7" props & 2200 3s and am very satisfied.
Dec 09, 2012, 11:52 AM
Qualified
JohnVH's Avatar
I suppose, I have a bunch of servo's laying around so I didnt have to buy anything, didnt even use a fancy one.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion What's the best RTF QuadCopter for under $500 in US? BenHayat Multirotor Drone Talk 12 Jun 12, 2016 09:53 PM
Discussion Best Charger for around $100 that can charge 4 batteries at once up to atleast 6 cell chrisorbics Batteries and Chargers 38 Nov 29, 2012 10:16 PM
Sold NIB Solo Pro 180 RTF for $100 pick up in New York xzd Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 16, 2012 06:07 AM
For Sale NIB Solo Pro 180 RTF for $100 pick up in Baltimore or New York xzd Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Apr 25, 2012 09:33 AM
Yippee! Recommend best 100" value for weekend pilot LWThompson Thermal 20 Sep 12, 2003 06:59 PM