Dec 08, 2012, 05:14 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
Thread OP
Fly-In

The 7th ANNUAL T.I.N.Y March 1st, 2nd, and 3rd 2013!!

Get ready for the seventh annual

Fly-In and Challenge is just around the corner!!!

Wow guys, I can't believe I am getting geared up for our 7th T.I.N.Y.! It has been a great experience for us to host this event for you. I first of all want to acknowledge who has made this thing last for all these years. YOU!!! Last year's event almost was the final one, but I put it in your hands and you guys made it happen and paid for the event. That says a lot about RC'rs in general and indoor flyers in particular. I have made so many life long friends because of this event and have been re-united with a few lost ones too. I hope add a few to the list this year as well.Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Mark

Angelo R/C Inc is proud to be the hosting club and the event is still located in the wonderful San Angelo Coliseum where we have the biggest and friendliest indoor skies in Texas!

There will be on premises concessions, and plenty of pit area with ample electrical outlets. The floor of the coliseum is 100’ by 200’ with a 65’ minimum ceiling rig height and over 80' in the center! We will have a 16oz/3s limit on all models, and co-axial helicopters only. AMA membership is required to fly. We can honor AMA parkflyers insurance at this event as well. If you have lost your card, I can verify you through the web if you know your AMA number. Anyone I can't verify, will have to join to be able to fly per AMA rules! Please understand this is out of my hands.

At this point we are feverishly working on sponsorship. If we get some sponsorship, I do plan to lower the landing fees if not it will be as listed below. I will update the thread as soon as I have that info!

The landing fee will be $20 per day with 5 raffle tickets, or $50 for the 3 day weekend which will include 20 raffle tickets. While we will have a few scheduled events throughout the day, the bulk of the flying time as always is for open flying. This is going to be some serious fun, so don’t be the guy wishing you had come, get in your car and drive to San Angelo Coliseum, 50 E. 43rd St, San Angelo, TX. click here for map.

Please feel free to download and print our event flyer and post it at your local hobby shops.

We are planning to again to have the BBQ banquet catered by Dickies BBQ on Friday night about 6 pm. The cost should be around $10 per person again.

Contests

The pattern contest(s) will be on Friday evening and we will have a freestyle event on Saturday evening that will be along the lines of the E.T.O.C. so you will need a 2 minute routine and soundtrack. It will be a great opportunity for skilled pilots to compete for first, second, and third prizes in a perfect indoor setting. The coliseum is equiped with a rocking sound system so this will be an awesome contest for pilots and spectators! We want to invite any and all professional flyers to come compete in this event, you won't find a better place to fly, or nicer folks than we have in West Texas. If you are planning on coming and want to compete or just hang out and fly, you will be welcomed.

Lodging

RV Hookups

RVs and trailers are always welcome at the T.I.N.Y. and you can park them just outside the Coliseum free of charge if you don't need hookups of any kind. If you need hookups, they are a short walk away from the Coliseum and the contact info for renting those is below.

Kermit Wendland @ 325-653-7785 (M-F) is the contact for the SA Stock Show / Fairgrounds who owns/rents the hookups.

Event Motel

In years past I have negotiated a group rate at the Inn of the Conchos. This is where most of you stayed the last few years, and they are very close to the Coliseum. They have a hot breakfast, high speed wireless, and a Asian Cafe on the property as well. Ask for the "TINY R/C Fly In" rate, and it covers the entire event timeframe. This rate is for up to 4 persons per room, and you can usually have a room with 2 queen, or 1 king sized bed. Smoking rooms are available. They require a 24 hour notice for cancellation.

Notice for lodging in general. Due to area wide demand, Motels have been very hard to come by during the week on short notice because of Oil Field workers that are in constant need of lodging. Please, please PLEASE make your reservations early as you can always cancel them if plans change.

contact info:

Inn of the Conchos
2021 N. Bryant (U.S. 87 North) MAP
San Angelo, Texas 76903
Tel: 325-658-2811
Fax: 325-653-7560
1-800-621-6041
WEBSITE
EMAIL

We do have regional service here to our municipal airport via American Eagle. I can also provide a commercial address and free storage if someone does wish to ship some planes here to be waiting for them.

Some pictures of the venue:

Last edited by aeronot; Feb 02, 2013 at 11:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2012, 05:15 PM
Yippee!!!!!
Dec 08, 2012, 05:30 PM
I'm in, again!!
Dec 08, 2012, 09:58 PM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
Can't wait!

WooHoo!
Last edited by sr71fan; Dec 08, 2012 at 10:50 PM.
Dec 10, 2012, 09:11 AM
We are planning to be there again this year. The links to the motel do not work for me.
Lee & Cory Mitchell
Dec 10, 2012, 09:50 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Will be there!!
Latest blog entry: My 2021 event schedule
Dec 11, 2012, 11:10 AM
Fly lower!
Just made my reservations, and will be attending all three days! Can't wait.

Dennis R.
Dec 11, 2012, 11:58 AM
Off playing tug
Count me in

Chris
Dec 11, 2012, 12:11 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
HOLY COW!!!! I can't believe I am this far down the list, but Sandy and I will be there terrorizing the group again this year. Bring plenty of spare planes Glad to see that BAM will be there too.. Roy n Sandy
Dec 11, 2012, 12:56 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
Thread OP
Well I see the wagons are circling very fast!

And thanks for the info on the motel link Lee, it has been fixed.

Mark
Dec 15, 2012, 06:54 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
Thread OP
Any secret projects in the works for this time around? I've heard a wicked rumor that SR71fan is working on another giant indoor creation. If it's true, I would bet on the color being light blue...
Dec 15, 2012, 09:04 PM
Flying...Pushing Air Down

Secrets

I'll be surprised if Thomas, Richard, and Paul don't have something new and exciting!
Dec 16, 2012, 05:49 PM
Lost in the Sky
Tom, Paul, and I would like to be surprised by Gary or anyone else attending TINY showing up at SMALL 2013, May 31-June 2. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1789524

SMALL is like the outdoor version of TINY with a lot more room to fly with everything from Cox Copters to rockets. I know it is a long haul to get there, but a lot of people come to SMALL from outside Arkansas and we had a guy come in this year from Alaska and he had so much fun that he can't wait to come back.

Take a look at the pictures in the threads from past SMALLs to see the fun we've been having: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1460283

Be there or be square
Dec 18, 2012, 03:46 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
I'll probably be square. I have planned for the past two years to attend, and something always comes up (no money or conflict with other events). Sandy and I sure would like to come, maybe on the way home from a visit to Ohio in the Spring.
Dec 24, 2012, 11:40 PM
I'm making plans to attend, I've been looking forward to this since I left last year!!!

Quick Reply