Thread Tools
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:38 PM
coastalflyer is offline
Find More Posts by coastalflyer
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
If how Progressives treated M. Steele, M Love, C Rice, Col West, M Malkin, L Elder, E Williams and T Sowell are any indicators, I'm sure we'll be seeing some racially motivated nastiness from them that will be promptly ignored by the media.
Can you point out some "racially motivated nastiness" that has previously occurred?

It's an honest question, BTW.

Many of them have plenty of "opinions" that can be discussed - why would anyone be focused on anything racial is beyond my understanding. I'd more likely discard that and them without giving it any merit at all.

I'm also curious why you didn't include Herman Cain in your list. Oversight?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:58 PM
Indiana_Geoff is offline
Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Random Pic #23982
Indiana_Geoff's Avatar
Herman Cain was treated the same as the others. What is your point?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:26 PM
LcJ is offline
LcJ
Find More Posts by LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjetpilot View Post
We're now past that point. 52% bought more of the same. What I see, like I mentioned about changing how I do business, is the approach going forward. DeMint is very smart about making the change now. I suspect more with follow suit.

Here's what I mean... its folks like this, who will dig in, have dug in, and will trade (do busness with) in a such way as to let Modern Liberalsim, its systems run its course, while at the same time stay true to core values... they will watch this clip and not understand it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...nn_romney.html
I believe with all my heart that many of the young leftist will in time come to understand reality and they will bring down those who led them astray will far more vigor than we can imagine. Nothing sours one like realizing those you trusted and believe in sold you a lie. Time will tell but when the change comes it will be sudden and unexpected.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:04 PM
logan5 is offline
Find More Posts by logan5
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer View Post
Can you point out some "racially motivated nastiness" that has previously occurred?

It's an honest question, BTW.

Many of them have plenty of "opinions" that can be discussed - why would anyone be focused on anything racial is beyond my understanding. I'd more likely discard that and them without giving it any merit at all.

I'm also curious why you didn't include Herman Cain in your list. Oversight?
Oversight? Nope ... just too many to list them all ... but if you're serious about learning how your fellow progressives treat Minority Conservatives, I'm willing to clue you in on some examples

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-104932-4054r/
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top...cOFS8COWg.cspx
http://michellemalkin.com/2005/01/12...sellout-smear/
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:00 PM
coastalflyer is offline
Find More Posts by coastalflyer
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Oversight? Nope ... just too many to list them all ... but if you're serious about learning how your fellow progressives treat Minority Conservatives, I'm willing to clue you in on some examples

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-104932-4054r/
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top...cOFS8COWg.cspx
http://michellemalkin.com/2005/01/12...sellout-smear/
I'll check your links out later as time permits - a bit busy now.

But - one HUGE correction. No one is my "fellow progressives".

I've never been a Democrat or "progressive" (whatever that is), was in fact for many decades a Republican - until it became an embarrassment to admit it. It's even worse now.

I've been an Independent for many years, and always voted that way anyhow.

I also didn't vote for Obama in this past election. I voted for.....are you sitting down?........Gary Johnson.

I didn't support all he stands for but he seemed far more truthful and held positions that were at least stable from week to week. Unlike Mitt.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:22 PM
LcJ is offline
LcJ
Find More Posts by LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer View Post
I'll check your links out later as time permits - a bit busy now.

But - one HUGE correction. No one is my "fellow progressives".

I've never been a Democrat or "progressive" (whatever that is), was in fact for many decades a Republican - until it became an embarrassment to admit it. It's even worse now.

I've been an Independent for many years, and always voted that way anyhow.

I also didn't vote for Obama in this past election. I voted for.....are you sitting down?........Gary Johnson.

I didn't support all he stands for but he seemed far more truthful and held positions that were at least stable from week to week. Unlike Mitt.
Well then you certainly aided Obama's election.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:24 PM
rcposter is offline
Find More Posts by rcposter
Je Suis Turkana Boy
rcposter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
Well then you certainly aided Obama's election.
Romney lost by failing to inspire Coastal and others to vote for him. Same reason Gore lost. And Kerry.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:25 AM
coastalflyer is offline
Find More Posts by coastalflyer
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
Well then you certainly aided Obama's election.
Did I now. Why don't you explain, clearly, EXACTLY how that happened.

Do you not understand how the the Electoral College works?

I'll be waiting for your "explanation".

BTW, I would have NEVER voted for the GOP ticket anyhow. The reasons were numerous.

But don't let that deter you from explaining how I "certainly aided Obama's election". I just can't wait to hear. I won't hold my breath, since I know you are rarely able to support what you write.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:26 AM
coastalflyer is offline
Find More Posts by coastalflyer
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter View Post
Romney lost by failing to inspire Coastal and others to vote for him. Same reason Gore lost. And Kerry.
Bingo! Isn't it funny how that works?

I didn't vote for Gore or Kerry either. Nor McCain.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:29 AM
coastalflyer is offline
Find More Posts by coastalflyer
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
Herman Cain was treated the same as the others. What is your point?
I asked a question. Nor was it directed at you. Sorry you got confused.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:29 AM
LcJ is offline
LcJ
Find More Posts by LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer View Post
Did I now. Why don't you explain, clearly, EXACTLY how that happened.

Do you not understand how the the Electoral College works?

I'll be waiting for your "explanation".

BTW, I would have NEVER voted for the GOP ticket anyhow. The reasons were numerous.

But don't let that deter you from explaining how I "certainly aided Obama's election". I just can't wait to hear. I won't hold my breath, since I know you are rarely able to support what you write.
Don't hold your breath in your waiting.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:31 AM
coastalflyer is offline
Find More Posts by coastalflyer
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
Why would I ever waste my time trying to explain the obvious to you Coastal. Not worth the effort.
You won't do it because there is no explanation that could possibly fit your statement. But if it's that "obvious", by all means explain it to all of us.
Explain to us all how my single vote would sway the entire Blue state I live in. Gosh, I never knew I held such power. Oh, wait. I don't

You must not understand the electoral college.

Quote:
Don't hold your breath in your waiting.
Oh, you already edited your response. But I got them both.

I learned long ago not to hold my breath waiting for you to actually support what you claim. You are virtually always unable to, and it's never surprising. Quite predictable.

It says volumes when one can't support what they write.
Last edited by coastalflyer; Dec 18, 2012 at 12:39 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:33 AM
LcJ is offline
LcJ
Find More Posts by LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer View Post
You won't do it because there is no explanation that could possibly fit your statement.

You do understand the electoral college, right?
It seems to be you that don't understand it. If you did you would know that you helped Mr. Obama which achieved your goal. You got rid of Mitt without having to vote for Mr. Obama. I am sure race wasn't involved in that decision.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:44 AM
coastalflyer is offline
Find More Posts by coastalflyer
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
It seems to be you that don't understand it. If you did you would know that you helped Mr. Obama which achieved your goal. You got rid of Mitt without having to vote for Mr. Obama.
Please tell me how I did that. Little old me? Wow - cool! Fill me in!

I had the same "goal" I always have. I voted for the man who I felt was the best fit for the job. The guy I voted for didn't repeatably lie nor change his position depending on who his audience was. If Mitt had stuck to his guns and remained truthful he quite likely would have won. He blew it.

How about your choice?

Quote:
I am sure race wasn't involved in that decision.
At least you FINALLY got something right. Good job!

You're also 100% correct that Mitt has one person to blame for his loss. That guy looks back at him every morning in the mirror. Caused him to grab sure defeat from the jaws of victory.
Last edited by coastalflyer; Dec 18, 2012 at 12:55 AM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion If Obama wins how many of the "love it or leave " crowd will man up and leave me11owman Life, The Universe, and Politics 71 Jan 07, 2016 09:54 PM
Discussion GOP Senate candidate: Pregnancies from rape Godís will DenverJayhawk Life, The Universe, and Politics 24 Oct 25, 2012 11:49 PM
Discussion Pics & Video of a Fun Run - Heritage Park Rich S. - CV, CA Dock Talk 13 Jan 04, 2009 03:09 PM
Discussion Biden positive of winning White House -but he's running for Senate too, just in case? Dave Barrow Life, The Universe, and Politics 7 Oct 14, 2008 10:10 PM
Yippee! 3rd annual Heritage Park 4th of July fun run SD RC Boater Dock Talk 1 May 31, 2008 05:55 AM