Thread Tools
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:45 PM
Hance is offline
Find More Posts by Hance
Expo is built into my thumbs
Hance's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY View Post
I read his comments as simply keeping Horizon out of the liability loop. I don't think they want to be on record as saying what is safe and what is not.
Good possibility there. I am using a 2s 1100mah LiFe pack. They weigh in at 2.25 ounces so its not a huge difference in a 5+ pound plane.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:46 PM
tyor is offline
Find More Posts by tyor
Registered User
i have one 6v nimh in my plane. use it for both the radio and the ignition, I did`n noticed any trouble. but have to remember to turn off the switch when priming the engine
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:09 PM
scottydsntknow is offline
Find More Posts by scottydsntknow
Registered User
I've got a stack of these. They are a little different than that picture, they have dual servo plugs coming out in addition to the balance plug. Already balance charged all 4, no issues so I can't see there being much of an issue...
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:16 PM
Kmot is offline
Find More Posts by Kmot
Grumpa Tom
Kmot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
2 months later of release date and zero videos on RCG, RCU, FG...
Simple, buy your own and make your own videos.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:23 PM
scottydsntknow is offline
Find More Posts by scottydsntknow
Registered User
I'll make a video this or next month... whenever I finally get my crap together and get off the ground lol. Hopefully next weekend...
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:32 PM
Fokker DII is offline
Find More Posts by Fokker DII
Gas Only
Fokker DII's Avatar
Got in another bit over 1/2 hour of flight time today with this engine in a 6.5 lb low wing sport flyer from Nitroplanes. An inexpensive test bed that flies really well.

Running a 12X6 wood prop it turned a little over 10K in the air and never missed a beat. I have leaned it out considerably from factory settings, using the tach in the telemetry module. I now have a very reliable idle at around 1800 which barely moves the plane. Really nice. Throttle response has been crisp and even a bit more linear than the DLEs that I am used to.
Starting is almost instantaneous and no dead sticks yet.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:17 AM
Kmot is offline
Find More Posts by Kmot
Grumpa Tom
Kmot's Avatar
Fokker DII: Which field do you fly at? The Basin?
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:18 AM
Fokker DII is offline
Find More Posts by Fokker DII
Gas Only
Fokker DII's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
Fokker DII: Which field do you fly at? The Basin?
I'm down San Diego way.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:02 AM
AA5BY is online now
Find More Posts by AA5BY
Registered User
AA5BY's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokker DII View Post
Got in another bit over 1/2 hour of flight time today with this engine in a 6.5 lb low wing sport flyer from Nitroplanes. An inexpensive test bed that flies really well.

Running a 12X6 wood prop it turned a little over 10K in the air and never missed a beat. I have leaned it out considerably from factory settings, using the tach in the telemetry module. I now have a very reliable idle at around 1800 which barely moves the plane. Really nice. Throttle response has been crisp and even a bit more linear than the DLEs that I am used to.
Starting is almost instantaneous and no dead sticks yet.
Are you using electric start? I find electric starting to be instantaneous as you say but hand starting is a little more difficult than most gas engines. I'm thinking perhaps the timing is a little more advanced. When hand starting it will fire many times in succession but often fail to start and I'm thinking that is indicative of greater timing advance.

Yes to your comment about the throttle being more linear than most gas engines.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:06 PM
tyor is offline
Find More Posts by tyor
Registered User
Here are a video of me flying today. I had problems that the engine will quit when i am taking a roll or a snaproll. and it was not running good today. But we had -15 degrees celsius her and the fuel tubing that come with the engine is so stiff that the clunk cant move at all. I am going to try with a more flexible tube next time.

evo10gx in 3d plane (5 min 20 sec)
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:23 PM
Pete Bergstrom is offline
Find More Posts by Pete Bergstrom
Engine Category Manager - EVO,
It sounds like the low end is running a little rich. Try screwing in the low speed need about 1/16 of a turn at a time and then take it up for a test hop. This should stop the mid range missing that you are having with the engine. It will also lean out the top end a bit at the same time.

I have to admit I never flew it at -15C, the closest I got was -3C. Good for you!!!

Pete
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:32 PM
tyor is offline
Find More Posts by tyor
Registered User
Itryed to adjust the low speed. and it helped on the mid range. but the quiting on full trottle and when i am rollig i dont know what is. but i wil try with a softer fuel tubing and se what happens
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:45 PM
michael88997 is offline
Find More Posts by michael88997
Registered User
So does it feel like it has plenty of power?
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:47 PM
Hance is offline
Find More Posts by Hance
Expo is built into my thumbs
Hance's Avatar
Well I can cross doing a dead stick, behind a hill blind, on skis, on a maiden flight off my list of things to do.

Sabre 47 Maiden (1 min 42 sec)
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:51 PM
Fokker DII is offline
Find More Posts by Fokker DII
Gas Only
Fokker DII's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY View Post
Are you using electric start? I find electric starting to be instantaneous as you say but hand starting is a little more difficult than most gas engines. I'm thinking perhaps the timing is a little more advanced. When hand starting it will fire many times in succession but often fail to start and I'm thinking that is indicative of greater timing advance.

Yes to your comment about the throttle being more linear than most gas engines.
Yes, I use an electric start on this and the Saito FG-14.
I hand prop the Zenoah (easy starter) and the DLE(sometimes easy...) but have never tried to hand start the little ones yet.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Hangar 9 Meridian Sport ARF and Evolution 10cc Gas Engine Bajora Sport Planes 424 Dec 02, 2016 12:34 PM
Sold Fox 4.2 cu. in. (70cc) gas engine, electronic ignition, runs great barchiola Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 7 Nov 19, 2012 08:07 PM
For Sale Evolution 58cc gas engine with new KS header parts and new Evolution tuned canister Daveyboycfs Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 0 Jun 11, 2012 11:07 PM
Sold US Engines NIB 41cc (2.5 cu in) gas engine. REDUCED !! puplover Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 0 Oct 15, 2011 02:41 PM
Sold Saito FG-36 4 stroke gas engine (2.2 cu in) James Love Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 0 Mar 23, 2011 12:16 AM