New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:02 AM
AndyKunz is online now
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
AndyKunz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMCCOR7737 View Post
Your thread was marked closed, so I figured you too had bailed out. I was really looking forward to the AG-1 build as I have plans to do one in the future.
No, it's closed until I start building it. I'll open it then.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:12 AM
MPP is offline
MPP
Find More Posts by MPP
MPP
In Unusual Attitude Recovery
MPP's Avatar
Hi Guys! I am basically finished with mine. Just need to secure the battery and match to CG. Then giver a toss. This contest has a pretty short program cycle and I had a bit of an advantage of a head start. However it did get me to spend the time to finish it up and clear my workspace. Thanks again and hope to see some more get to the finish line.

Best!

M
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:19 AM
RMCCOR7737 is offline
Find More Posts by RMCCOR7737
Heads up...
RMCCOR7737's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesperpound View Post
Hi Guys! I am basically finished with mine. Just need to secure the battery and match to CG. Then giver a toss. This contest has a pretty short program cycle and I had a bit of an advantage of a head start. However it did get me to spend the time to finish it up and clear my workspace. Thanks again and hope to see some more get to the finish line.

Best!

M
That really looks great per/lb. Mine is all balanced, awaiting pilot delivery and new graphics from Callie.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:17 PM
Smokin' Beaver is offline
Find More Posts by Smokin' Beaver
Registerd Beaver
Smokin' Beaver's Avatar
I'm still in though will miss the deadline due to non-hobby related matters.

Phil
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:43 PM
gupi is offline
Find More Posts by gupi
Balsa Lover
gupi's Avatar
My Spitfire is still progressing - slowly though. Not sure i can maiden before the deadline but i will definitely finish the plane. I just need a Spitfire in my collection.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:19 AM
DropTank is offline
Find More Posts by DropTank
Is it Friday yet?
DropTank's Avatar
With very little time and loss of interest, I'm going to try to sell my Nieuport, motor and rx brick in the classifieds.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:11 AM
Sopwith Mike is offline
Find More Posts by Sopwith Mike
Slip the surly bonds...
Sopwith Mike's Avatar
The competition closing date was extended to 28 Feb - does that help at all?

I'm planning to publish photos and a link of all completed models on post #2. Looks like milesperpound and RMCCOR7737 will be the first to fly.

I think successful flight is the final arbiter: further painting and decorating is up to the builder: after all, no scale aicraft is ever "finished" is it?

Mike
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:48 PM
RMCCOR7737 is offline
Find More Posts by RMCCOR7737
Heads up...
RMCCOR7737's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith Mike View Post
The competition closing date was extended to 28 Feb - does that help at all?

I'm planning to publish photos and a link of all completed models on post #2. Looks like milesperpound and RMCCOR7737 will be the first to fly.

I think successful flight is the final arbiter: further painting and decorating is up to the builder: after all, no scale aicraft is ever "finished" is it?

Mike
Why does it have to be successful.... May rule me out...LOL
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:31 AM
gupi is offline
Find More Posts by gupi
Balsa Lover
gupi's Avatar
Ok, end of February is a realistic deadline for me. Still, only if the weather permits. December e.g. was a month that was completely no fly weather until 31st over here.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:14 PM
Sopwith Mike is offline
Find More Posts by Sopwith Mike
Slip the surly bonds...
Sopwith Mike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMCCOR7737 View Post
Why does it have to be successful.... May rule me out...LOL
A very good point. It's up to the voting system, not me, to decide on the merits of a build.

But I'm looking forward to a number of successful flights in this Kitbash...
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:05 PM
JimStanmore is offline
Find More Posts by JimStanmore
Changing one life at a time...
JimStanmore's Avatar
I'm still in. With so many other things going on, I need the motivation of a contest to do a little "fun" building. Thanks for keeping it going!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Plans On My Build List
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:08 PM
JimStanmore is offline
Find More Posts by JimStanmore
Changing one life at a time...
JimStanmore's Avatar
Hate to be nit picky, but what defines a "successful" flight? Distance, time, altitude, attitude in flight, landing survival, etc.? Or the requirements of one of the scale competition categories?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Plans On My Build List
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:03 AM
Sopwith Mike is offline
Find More Posts by Sopwith Mike
Slip the surly bonds...
Sopwith Mike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStanmore View Post
Hate to be nit picky, but what defines a "successful" flight? Distance, time, altitude, attitude in flight, landing survival, etc.? Or the requirements of one of the scale competition categories?
Please see post #55 Jim! Great to see you are still in. I'm currently covering the tail surfaces with litespan...sooooo fiddly after time away from these little planes!
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:42 PM
srt8madness is offline
Find More Posts by srt8madness
whiirrrrrr
srt8madness's Avatar
I'm still in! Getting married Sunday, so I've been busy getting stuff ready, then the honeymoon. But then I'll be back to it
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:34 PM
Sopwith Mike is offline
Find More Posts by Sopwith Mike
Slip the surly bonds...
Sopwith Mike's Avatar
Great to hear srt8madness, lots of replies spring to mind, but...all the best to you both,

Mike


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log BBCC 3 Guillow's B-29 Superfortress Conversion Smokin' Beaver Smokin' Beaver Scale Kit/Scratch Built 189 Apr 04, 2014 07:06 PM
Contest Free Flight to RC Flight Kitbash Contest >> Starts 17 Nov Murocflyer Balsa Builders 153 Dec 06, 2012 09:49 AM
Question FF Rubber Field Restrictions, Minimalist RC Assist?? Gemini2 Free Flight 16 Jul 10, 2012 11:37 AM
Discussion converting ff to micro rc, some help and info required. paul_mccaughey Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 5 May 11, 2012 07:47 PM