Dec 06, 2012, 01:09 AM
Mini-Review

CoptertX CX 450AE V3 Flybarless Kit

Well , decided it was time to try Flybarless .

And the Cheapest [ thats me ] flybarles kit was this one from Ehirobo

Now factoring in shipping , its not overly cheap at all .

Now , you do get some extras , like a set of rotor blades , a canopy and some thread lock , cyno , and grease .

Now this is a nice kit , so let me just get to what I dont like , or what is worthy of complaint .

1/ I really dont care for the phillips screws at all , there a pain to work with , some thing that can be easily avoided by using the hex screws .

If you buy this kit , buy a bag of hex screws ... [ 450 frame screws ]

2/ The tail rotor control rod is too long !

3/ The canopy contacts the main gear

4/ Servo mounts , I dont care much for using the cut off plastic tube as a NUT to retain servos .. [ easy fix for manufacturer ]

5/ Tail fins - if your noob - just replace them with carbon - as is there rather soft alloy jobs .

6/ Ok I think I have run out of things to complain about ...

The kit went together easy , and ill do another review when its flying , just waiting on digital servos , and the ESC ATM , but I will replace quite a few screws with hex head ones as I go along [ putting in the motor ] , thread locking etc ..

Overall so far , id go 8 out of 10 for this kit ..
Everything I didnt complain about , is good , head is good , tail rotor is good ..

More latter !
Last edited by old4570; Dec 06, 2012 at 01:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2012, 08:36 AM

More

Thread locked the tail rotor , and test fitted the motor

The motor went in with no fitting needed , Ive swapped out some screws to Hex head [ sure do make life easier .. ]

I swapped out some screws in the tail boom block , and the motor mount screws so far .. Time for bed , but [ 00.35 am ] latter this morning I will thread lock the head .
Last edited by old4570; Dec 06, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
Dec 06, 2012, 08:56 PM

ok

Well , looks like some thread locking has already been taking place , as I have found screws with thread lock on them . The head screws were so tight , Ive decided not to mess with them , as they may be thread locked as well .

Its ready for electronics :

Tail control rod has been replaced with a shorter one .
Motor connectors soldered in place , motor and mount thread locked , and some screws replaced with hex heads ..

Rather easy actually , this was a no brainer [ nothing challenging ] ... Assembling the kit and getting it ready for electrics .

Just waiting on the servos and ESC now :
Dec 07, 2012, 02:10 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild, repeat
Wow, that shipping is killer! I was all set to buy one, as I'm looking to go FBL and your setup looked really nice. Shipping was over $30 though...ouch.

I think I'll just by an FBL head for the 450 I already have.

That copterX looks like a nice heli though. Probably worth the $60, even though I'm not willing to pay that much.
Dec 07, 2012, 07:38 PM

Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs
Wow, that shipping is killer! I was all set to buy one, as I'm looking to go FBL and your setup looked really nice. Shipping was over $30 though...ouch.

I think I'll just by an FBL head for the 450 I already have.

That copterX looks like a nice heli though. Probably worth the $60, even though I'm not willing to pay that much.
I liked the price very much , as you said the , postage just , its harsh .
I ho and hummed for 3 months over this kit because of the postage . But looking online at the other FBL kits , and considering that a FBL head is going to cost around $30 on the cheap end , and even the cheapest heli kit is now over $40 , I figured it was do-able .

Now I did convert a standard head to FBL , and once I get this bird in the air , I will try out the conversion head to see if its similar , or not very good .
The only thing I hate about RC helicopters is waiting for parts to arrive

ESC
Digital servos
335mm Rotor blades [ glass and carbon ]

Come on China post !
Dec 16, 2012, 12:32 AM
Hi, old4570

I bought the same kit as you do. Hope you enjoy as I do.

CopterX CX 450AE V3 Flybarless Kit Practise with (CX-3X1000) (5 min 31 sec)

Forgive for my sloppy skills.
Last edited by rchobbyfly; Dec 16, 2012 at 12:38 AM.
Dec 16, 2012, 07:29 AM
Holly smoke that was sweet !

What is the set up on that one ?

ESC came last week , but Im waiting on the cyclic servos ..
Dec 16, 2012, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old4570
Holly smoke that was sweet !

What is the set up on that one ?

ESC came last week , but Im waiting on the cyclic servos ..
Thanks.

Setup as follows:
- Turnigy motor 3500KV with 13T pinion
- Emax ES08MD 12g Metal Digital Servo x 3 (cyclic servos)
- KDS N590 tail servo
- copterx Cx-3x1000 flybarless gyro

Quick Reply