Thread Tools
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:58 PM
dll932 is online now
Find More Posts by dll932
Really?
dll932's Avatar
Discussion

I want one of THESE


http://showroom.windingroad.com/list...ource=email-47
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:13 AM
MILLERTIME is online now
Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Taking care of the pond.
MILLERTIME's Avatar
Me t.o
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:27 AM
56S is offline
56S
Find More Posts by 56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
56S's Avatar
I clicked the BUY button. I'm using my Wife's computer. She's been asking what I wanted for Christmas.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:06 AM
BE77 Pilot is online now
Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
SUPER DOG!
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
$33K is very reasonable I think. It would need the biggest engine option however, maybe even an American BIG BLOCK.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:45 AM
dll932 is online now
Find More Posts by dll932
Really?
dll932's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
$33K is very reasonable I think. It would need the biggest engine option however, maybe even an American BIG BLOCK.
Yes it is. I'd love to test drive one.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:50 AM
martin richards is offline
Find More Posts by martin richards
Useful Idiot
No, the 6 litre V12 out of Aston Martin's DB9 would do just fine.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:52 AM
BE77 Pilot is online now
Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
SUPER DOG!
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards View Post
No, the 6 litre V12 out of Aston Martin's DB9 would do just fine.
Agree, much better suited to the car. I want one too!
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:56 AM
Indiana_Geoff is online now
Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Random Pic #23982
Indiana_Geoff's Avatar
That would make for a fun summer.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:01 AM
wrightme is offline
Find More Posts by wrightme
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Cool car; deserving of much more than 1.8L 130hp.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:36 AM
Aaron 1 is offline
Find More Posts by Aaron 1
Registered User
Super cool. England has always had a large number of DIY kit cars. Lotus builds part of the Tesla I think. Something about England's Tax code got this started.$ 33K sounds to cheap ,can't to much for that money. I would sure want to see and drive one before buying.

I always wanted a copy of the Mercedes 300 gull wing. Tony Ostermier built them in Gardena Ca. I almost bought one but after I drove it changed my mind.. Nice to look at awful to drive. He wanted $80 K for a coupe. They sold for about $200K used recently.

Good thing I didn't buy. Mercedes now has a copy right/art thing that on the 300Sl they are enforcing. They will seize your replica and destroy it. How that works in this country I don't know yet but I sure would not wish to mess with a mad Auto company.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:04 AM
Mr. Wiz is offline
Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Time for me to Fly...
Mr. Wiz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
Cool car; deserving of much more than 1.8L 130hp.
That's for sure. When I saw that the cool factor went way down for me.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:34 AM
martin richards is offline
Find More Posts by martin richards
Useful Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron 1 View Post
Super cool. England has always had a large number of DIY kit cars. Lotus builds part of the Tesla I think. Something about England's Tax code got this started.$ 33K sounds to cheap ,can't to much for that money. I would sure want to see and drive one before buying.

I always wanted a copy of the Mercedes 300 gull wing. Tony Ostermier built them in Gardena Ca. I almost bought one but after I drove it changed my mind.. Nice to look at awful to drive. He wanted $80 K for a coupe. They sold for about $200K used recently.

Good thing I didn't buy. Mercedes now has a copy right/art thing that on the 300Sl they are enforcing. They will seize your replica and destroy it. How that works in this country I don't know yet but I sure would not wish to mess with a mad Auto company.
In the good old days in the UK, there was purchase tax on complete cars but not on spare parts. So kit car manufacturers shipped you a crate containing all the spare parts needed, with or without an engine (usually the Ford side valve affair). You assembled it for an effectively duty free car. Tho early Lotuses were one of several. New tax regulations and vehicle certification procedures put an end to it.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:37 AM
dll932 is online now
Find More Posts by dll932
Really?
dll932's Avatar
Note the Jag or BMW engine upgrade near the bottom of the page.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:41 AM
Mr. Wiz is offline
Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Time for me to Fly...
Mr. Wiz's Avatar
I'd rather have one of these...

Top Gear - Ariel Atom - BBC (9 min 9 sec)
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:49 AM
FL Knifemaker is offline
Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
St. Boondock
FL Knifemaker's Avatar
A Jag motor as an upgrade?? I'd rather put a 3 rotor motor in it.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alert Another, I want one of these threads.......... FL Knifemaker Life, The Universe, and Politics 9 May 26, 2012 10:05 PM
Discussion I want one of these... dll932 Life, The Universe, and Politics 11 May 07, 2012 09:38 AM
Discussion (yet another one of these)Can you Identify these planes? Endlesslag Fuel Plane Talk 7 Mar 14, 2012 07:06 AM
Discussion Want to get one of these Coaxial helis, which one ? marcusg Coaxial Helicopters 10 Feb 06, 2007 06:36 AM
I want one of these to power my plane Flying Taco Electric Plane Talk 5 Jan 26, 2002 02:04 PM