Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:42 PM
Find More Posts by AJWoods
Aircraft Designer Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSchug View Post
Looks great and flies great!

Both this and the Al Foot version look like they are in a constant harrier which could be improved by tilting the rotor mast a bit while retaining the rotor to prop relation as much as possible.

Are you going to post plans?

Pete
Thanks guys. Yes I plan on posting plans, but I want to ask Al first as I'm using his basic rotor geometry.

If I had more space I think you could get to a more normal flight attitude. I'm already running a more aft raked rotor than the mini-monotwirl. But it's still pretty early in the tuning of this little guy. I think this is going to be a really fun plane.

-Adam
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Giant Scale Lego Plane
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:02 AM
Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
QuAd FaNaTiC
Sweet..
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:25 AM
Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIT KID View Post
Thanks guys. Yes I plan on posting plans, but I want to ask Al first as I'm using his basic rotor geometry.

If I had more space I think you could get to a more normal flight attitude. I'm already running a more aft raked rotor than the mini-monotwirl. But it's still pretty early in the tuning of this little guy. I think this is going to be a really fun plane.

-Adam
Looking forward to seeing how this progresses. No autogyros in my club and very few heli's or quads so this would be a great thing to bring to a meeting.

Pete
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:15 PM
Find More Posts by frash
frash
I like it, MIT Kid.

The only RC autogyros that I built used rotors also inspired by Al Foot and were almost the same size but had Air Hogs Aero Ace differential thrust from two 6-mm motors, a 130-mAh LiPo cell, and a rather primitive RC system. Maybe you will inspire me to do something better.

Fred Rash
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:02 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Modded some of the drawings, I'll cut a new fuse tomorrow and get some paint on it. Plans should be up by the end of the weekend.

-A
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:43 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Drawings have been revised and I got a new airframe framed up. I'll test it out tomorrow, and post the plans soon after

-Adam
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:29 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Larger fin/rudder made all the difference. Flies much smoother now. Plans are attached, thanks to Al Foot for the rotor head design.

A64 Apache Autogyro Version 2 (1 min 14 sec)

Plans are on 12x24 sheets and include a 1 inch scale. Please let me know if you need them on a different paper size.

-Adam
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:24 PM
Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
QuAd FaNaTiC
This is great adam; thanks very much!
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by Nooflyer
Hey MIT KID where is your micro Fokker thread? Would like to build that baby as i have a spare ar6400 brick.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:25 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooflyer View Post
Hey MIT KID where is your micro Fokker thread? Would like to build that baby as i have a spare ar6400 brick.
Here's the very short build thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7#post22427420

I added the plans to the first post

-Adam
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:00 AM
Find More Posts by PeteSchug
I need a bigger apartment!

Copied the plans but I really don't know if I'll get to it anytime soon.

Looks fantastic in flight.

Pete
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:27 AM
Find More Posts by cwojcik
Extremely Twisted
Awesome work Adam. That is really sweet! I have the guts for a UMX Extra, I may have to build one!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:00 PM
Find More Posts by Petefoss
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIT KID View Post
Larger fin/rudder made all the difference. Flies much smoother now. Plans are attached, thanks to Al Foot for the rotor head design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWDYv...ature=youtu.be

Plans are on 12x24 sheets and include a 1 inch scale. Please let me know if you need them on a different paper size.

-Adam
11 by 17 would be great Adam.

How did you get the rotor spinning? Did I see you sweep it from upside down up and around to the right and then toss it?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:32 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss View Post
11 by 17 would be great Adam.

How did you get the rotor spinning? Did I see you sweep it from upside down up and around to the right and then toss it?
Yeah, I typically sweep it back and forth a few times to get it twirling, but I've also had pretty good luck with just giving it a long overhand toss. Starting from inverted and sweeping trough vertical. The rotor is so light it gets going right away.

I'll reprint on 11x17.

-A
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by AJWoods; Dec 10, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:36 PM
Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
That is freaking cool, nice work Adam!

-Pat