Thread Tools
Dec 06, 2012, 07:27 AM
St. Boondock
FL Knifemaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Helmet
Gaurantee you, SHE has parents that got HER trained right!!!
Ya, I'd wouldn't mind having her around me at the range. Some of the adults I've seen on the other hand................
Dec 06, 2012, 07:34 AM
Foamie Freak!
Leather Helmet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola
I gotta agree with this. I find that statistic hard to believe.


I don't go around advertising the fact that I have firearms. I guess if you hang around with lowlifes and don't monitor who you allow in your home the chance may go up but most everyone I know stays very low key about ownership except amongst ourselves.
Lol, I agree with this, and again it has to do with common sense. As you always hear, YOU CANT FIX STUPID, no matter how "educated" you are!!!
Dec 06, 2012, 09:42 AM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker
Ya, I'd wouldn't mind having her around me at the range. Some of the adults I've seen on the other hand................
I feel safer when my 14yo boy is handling firearms than when some adults are....


With him, muzzle sweeps are non-existent, trigger discipline is flawless, and he KNOWS whether a round is chambered or not, and has SHOWN me already.

Some adults don't come even remotely close.
Dec 06, 2012, 09:55 AM
Suspended Account
Muzzle sweeps... yeah, I know one guy, I bring along from time to time, talks with his hands to much... hence he points Some folks just don't get the concept.... but he does keep his finger off the trigger.
Dec 06, 2012, 10:18 AM
"Marcy" VF-A
wekenav8r's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_axe
Here is the bottom line. The vast majority of people killed by a firearm are killed by someone they know - over half of them are killed by one of their family members. About a quarter of all people killed by a firearm are killed by their own firearm. Owning a firearm increases your risk of burglary by a factor of 10.

Guns are cool and all and I fully support the Second Amendment and I have my CCL. But you have to realize that on the whole you are more likely to be killed by a firearm if you posses them.
This isn't true at all. I really don't understand how anyone could believe such rubbish. The majority of times a gun is used in self defense it goes unreported. By used, I mean drawn but not fired. It's just typical anti-gun lies. No offense, but I find it very hard to believe that a person who carries a firearm for protection would quote a statistic known to be false like this one.
Dec 06, 2012, 03:12 PM
Registered User
ambientech's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wekenav8r
This isn't true at all. I really don't understand how anyone could believe such rubbish. The majority of times a gun is used in self defense it goes unreported. By used, I mean drawn but not fired. It's just typical anti-gun lies. No offense, but I find it very hard to believe that a person who carries a firearm for protection would quote a statistic known to be false like this one.
I posted this in another thread and not 1 person acknowledged it.

http://www.amazon.com/More-Guns-Less...4828124&sr=1-1

John R. Lott’s More Guns, Less Crime

despite all the attacks by gun-control advocates, no one has ever been able to refute Lott’s simple, startling conclusion that more guns mean less crime. Relying on the most rigorously comprehensive data analysis ever conducted on crime statistics and right-to-carry laws, the book directly challenges common perceptions about the relationship of guns, crime, and violence. For this third edition, Lott draws on an additional ten years of data—including provocative analysis of the effects of gun bans in Chicago and Washington, D.C—that brings the book fully up to date and further bolsters its central contention.
Dec 06, 2012, 04:49 PM
Zero Expo
typeRA's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wekenav8r
No offense, but I find it very hard to believe that a person who carries a firearm for protection would quote a statistic known to be false like this one.
Maybe you didn't notice this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_axe
I haven't owned a gun in almost 10 years...
Dec 06, 2012, 09:46 PM
Don't look at me like that....
62pilot's Avatar
I'm, about ready to offer Camo Dipping at my Sign Co. I'll be the only one for about five hundred mile circle doing it.
Dec 06, 2012, 09:53 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech
I posted this in another thread and not 1 person acknowledged it.

http://www.amazon.com/More-Guns-Less...4828124&sr=1-1

John R. Lott’s More Guns, Less Crime

despite all the attacks by gun-control advocates, no one has ever been able to refute Lott’s simple, startling conclusion that more guns mean less crime. Relying on the most rigorously comprehensive data analysis ever conducted on crime statistics and right-to-carry laws, the book directly challenges common perceptions about the relationship of guns, crime, and violence. For this third edition, Lott draws on an additional ten years of data—including provocative analysis of the effects of gun bans in Chicago and Washington, D.C—that brings the book fully up to date and further bolsters its central contention.
Perhaps the simple 2 documents said all that we ever needed
Dec 06, 2012, 10:35 PM
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
...
Dec 06, 2012, 10:51 PM
Like a Boss
Heliman420's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw1000
Pow Bam Slam Ouch!!!!!!


Morgan is a boob, to the fullest extent.

I cant stand the man... i watch his show from time to time, he is a conniving egomaniac. He's no Larry King thats for sure.
Dec 06, 2012, 11:32 PM
"Marcy" VF-A
wekenav8r's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by typeRA
Maybe you didn't notice this:
Yes, actually I can read quite well. So?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion How's this for gun control? 71 year old shoots gunmen trying to rob cafe srt8madness Life, The Universe, and Politics 12 Jul 18, 2012 09:16 PM
Question FlySky FS-GT2 2.4G 2CH Gun Transmitter for Radio Controlled Cars w/ Receiver bigdog100 Electric Power Cars 3 Jul 10, 2012 04:58 AM
Discussion Jesse and gun control seanpcola Life, The Universe, and Politics 13 Jun 11, 2012 08:03 AM
Discussion Anyone carry their aircrafts/controllers in a hard suitcase / gun case?? carl1864 Electric Plane Talk 18 Jun 03, 2012 07:17 PM
Discussion Cant acheieve gun control? UlteriorModem Life, The Universe, and Politics 21 Mar 18, 2012 10:01 PM