Dec 04, 2012, 12:43 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Star Wars : Extreme home makeover edition

I kid you not!... Good grief!

Quote:
ďThis is disgusting and itís exactly what people were afraid of with Disney buying Star Wars.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/what...home-makeover/
Dec 04, 2012, 12:55 PM
No biggie. Star Wars has not been good since the second movie. Stick with Star Trek, their target audience is over 12.
Dec 04, 2012, 01:03 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorModem
Read the comments at the bottom of the page.
Dec 04, 2012, 01:50 PM
Random Pic #23982
That is among the least offensive things I hate about that show.
Dec 04, 2012, 03:10 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff
That is among the least offensive things I hate about that show.
Tell us about it....
Latest blog entry: The latest and greatest
Dec 04, 2012, 03:26 PM
Thread OP
I will have to admit I was mislead by the tone of the article. I believed it to be a promotional stunt by Disney. It was not.

For that I apologize.
Dec 04, 2012, 04:02 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
It's pathetic that people would volenteer their time to help others. Oh the humanity. What next? Little kids helping old ladies cross the street? Truely sad.
Dec 04, 2012, 04:11 PM
Time for me to Fly...
I don't hate the show. I don't watch it much but I don't hate it. That's why I was asking Geoff to explain what it is he hates about it.
Dec 04, 2012, 05:17 PM
Random Pic #23982
It's a total sham. First off, throwing a luxury home on a stuggling family is rarely blessing. Often it's a curse. Plus it creates a lottery mentality.

Second, ABC rolls in and picks out a family, mainly for PR purposes. Not cute enough, sad enough, too sad, too disabled any of the above throw you out. The last thing they want is to help a family and not get enough of the "oh my gosh" so you kids had better not be too disabled.

Finally, they abuse the community in the process. They pick out a contractor, he then shakes down all his suppliers for donations. Concrete, lumber... all the stuff to build the house. For that, you get the honor of having any and all logos covered up, hidden and fuzzed so you can get zero PR for what is often a huge donation.

The community donates thousands of hours of labor, only to sit for hours during the day while the "team" (who actually don't do anything real), films their takes. Heaven forbid some noise at a construction site bothers some taping about fake workers at a construction site. As a result most of the volunteers get the joy of working at night because that one week rehab schedule is fixed. Oh, and that's because the production team only has a week, not for some construction reason.

But strangely, some product's logos don't get blurred. They get huge PR. Why? Because ABC sells those spots. So while they do all that to the community, they run the show for themselves at a profit, providing nothing to the family or the community.
Last edited by Indiana_Geoff; Dec 04, 2012 at 07:22 PM.
Dec 04, 2012, 07:08 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Well, I honestly can't say your wrong. I don't know enough about the show to say. That's a compelling argument, though. It would be interesting to see an impartial observer do some research on it.
Dec 04, 2012, 07:30 PM
Random Pic #23982
There are so many ways better than this boondoggle to help a community. Donate to Habitat, help build a new ambulance station, YMCA and various other local needs. Our company will continue to do those. But it'll be a pass on the next EHM.
Dec 04, 2012, 08:38 PM
Orange Lives Matter!
I saw a bootleg copy of Star Wars before the music and credits were on it, my mom brought it home for me... I watched it and told her I didn't like it, it will flop...

I still don't like it, my 8 year old does but he started losing interest when I started showing the Star Trek stuff to him... from Enterprise to Voyager... His Star Wars shrine is getting dusty...

My daughter was a fan, she was turned off by Jarjar when she got older...

Quick Reply