Thread Tools
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:38 PM
Eddie James is offline
Find More Posts by Eddie James
FPV Racer - N4FPV
Eddie James's Avatar
Go BillyD!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:26 PM
Tarro is offline
Find More Posts by Tarro
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
Honestly I think the op is on the right track. The federal government can't even enforce the laws they have now. Let them make rules and play at control. They are on the verge of insolvency. Many Mexican people ignore federal laws when they come to America "illegally", but our legislature is now saying that's ok. So the question is, why shouldn't Americans follow suit? The government is supposed to be of the people. Well here we have a government which is dictating to us, and not allowing logical discourse and rebuttal, and even admitting the same! That is overreaching and unsustainable. It is also represhensible.
Amen brother, we get the Government we tolerate.
If you think about it, people break this rule everyday. The model aircraft companies break it when test and demo flying their products. Futaba and others have paid demo pilots. If you compete for any prizes, if your local hobby shop test flys an aircraft they have fixed for a fee. If you even fly an RC aircraft for someone that you plan on selling it to.
If the FAA starts to bust our chops we should all start reporting each and every one of these horrific violations.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:36 PM
billyd60 is online now
Find More Posts by billyd60
Gravity is patient............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
Amen brother, we get the Government we tolerate.
If you think about it, people break this rule everyday. The model aircraft companies break it when test and demo flying their products. Futaba and others have paid demo pilots. If you compete for any prizes, if your local hobby shop test flys an aircraft they have fixed for a fee. If you even fly an RC aircraft for someone that you plan on selling it to.
If the FAA starts to bust our chops we should all start reporting each and every one of these horrific violations.

Today I treat our federal government with the same level of respect that they treat the taxpaying citzens with.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:38 PM
nblracer880 is offline
Find More Posts by nblracer880
Registered User
nblracer880's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
Amen brother, we get the Government we tolerate.
If you think about it, people break this rule everyday. The model aircraft companies break it when test and demo flying their products. Futaba and others have paid demo pilots. If you compete for any prizes, if your local hobby shop test flys an aircraft they have fixed for a fee. If you even fly an RC aircraft for someone that you plan on selling it to.
If the FAA starts to bust our chops we should all start reporting each and every one of these horrific violations.
Awesome post. Things need to change. This country is going to hell in a hand basket. I love America, but the people running it need to go!

I have read a lot of stuff about how the idea American dream is dead.. It is true, politics killed it.
Last edited by nblracer880; Dec 05, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:47 PM
Tarro is offline
Find More Posts by Tarro
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
Today I treat our federal government with the same level of respect that they treat the taxpaying citzens with.
You Terrorist.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:57 PM
David22 is offline
Find More Posts by David22
Suspended Account
Don't you guys speed in your cars
And do many things against the law

When's the last time you had three beers instead of egalitarian limit of say two

I say the police

Who really cares and who really does care
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:58 PM
Tarro is offline
Find More Posts by Tarro
Suspended Account
How do the RC model magazines get away with aircraft flight reviews. They are flying an RC aircraft outside the hobby. They are serial law breakers, they have test flown thousands of SUAS in the NAS. Then they mockingly take pictures and post videos all in the name of horrible profit. They mock the FAA every month with a brand new issue, this horrific flaunting of the law must stop!!!
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:01 PM
billyd60 is online now
Find More Posts by billyd60
Gravity is patient............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
How do the RC model magazines get away with aircraft flight reviews. They are flying an RC aircraft outside the hobby. They are serial law breakers, they have test flown thousands of SUAS in the NAS. Then they mockingly take pictures and post videos all in the name of horrible profit. They mock the FAA every month with a brand new issue, this horrific flaunting of the law must stop!!!
LOL pass enough laws and everyone's a criminal. We're getting there quickly.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:02 PM
David22 is offline
Find More Posts by David22
Suspended Account
How does the USA fly drones without permission

They just do it
Last edited by David22; Dec 05, 2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:08 PM
Tarro is offline
Find More Posts by Tarro
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
How does the USA fly drones without permission

They just do it
The US Government thinks it owns the World, if you have a problem with that they simply kill you and call you a Terroist. It has worked pretty well for a while but the people of the World are starting to wake up.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:33 PM
branflakes is offline
Find More Posts by branflakes
Registered User
branflakes's Avatar
Tarro your question is invalid because you left camera on plane out of the equation

Filming from ground up to your plane, and profiting, legal.

From plane to anywhere while in the sky, without commercial acknowledgment by faa, illegal

If you want to taxi your plane and film/sell that's legal. If it rises off ground in sustained flight you can't.
you can profit off rc planes flying in the nas with magazine features as long as the footage didn't come from the air.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:35 PM
nblracer880 is offline
Find More Posts by nblracer880
Registered User
nblracer880's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflakes View Post
Tarro your question is invalid because you left camera on plane out of the equation

Filming from ground up to your plane, and profiting, legal.

From plane to anywhere while in the sky, without commercial acknowledgment by faa, illegal

If you want to taxi your plane and film/sell that's legal. If it rises off ground in sustained flight you can't.
you can profit off rc planes flying in the nas with magazine features as long as the footage didn't come from the air.
But many plane manufactures are including gopro or other on-board camera footage in their product advertisements.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:36 PM
branflakes is offline
Find More Posts by branflakes
Registered User
branflakes's Avatar
I've seen still shots taken from the air posted in mags

And i pointed out how the jackass crew did it illegally in the second movie

People are mostly unsure how to make a distinction between commercial and civilian

They get hollow threats from the officials etc its all wierd.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:37 PM
CrashAffinity is offline
Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
Honestly I think the op is on the right track. The federal government can't even enforce the laws they have now. Let them make rules and play at control. They are on the verge of insolvency. Many Mexican people ignore federal laws when they come to America "illegally", but our legislature is now saying that's ok. So the question is, why shouldn't Americans follow suit? The government is supposed to be of the people. Well here we have a government which is dictating to us, and not allowing logical discourse and rebuttal, and even admitting the same! That is overreaching and unsustainable. It is also represhensible.
see no evil hear no evil =)
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:39 PM
branflakes is offline
Find More Posts by branflakes
Registered User
branflakes's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nblracer880 View Post
But many plane manufactures are including gopro or other on-board camera footage in their product advertisements.
It only matters if its a uav.

Wingsuits you can fly and profit.

That's the ludicrous nature at hand
For some reason you can hurl your own body for death and certain profit but not a tiny piece of foam +fpv setup.

Ridiculous, but the rules are pretty easy to distinguish if one hangs in the rulemaking thread up top long enough.
Last edited by branflakes; Dec 05, 2012 at 10:45 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Called Graecalis - New Aerobatic Model from Italy giammarco Sailplane Talk 105 Mar 21, 2014 12:11 PM
Yippee! Got a call from Clint Eastwood today ! Usta Bee Life, The Universe, and Politics 14 Nov 03, 2012 02:07 PM
Discussion Congressman draws fire for calling evolution, Big Bang ‘lies from the pit of hell’ DenverJayhawk Life, The Universe, and Politics 47 Oct 11, 2012 02:48 PM
Discussion New ruling from FAA dose this affect you? Artful Owl FPV Talk 2 Apr 26, 2012 02:27 AM
For Sale SVENSON From Belgium called "AZIZO" glider OriginalBilly Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 0 Apr 23, 2012 02:52 AM