Mar 31, 2014, 04:02 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
If I didn't need my dx5e as a trainer radio for my son & daughter I'd send you it with a satellite
to do real tests with KHA
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2014, 04:31 PM
I want to connect my APM 2.5 to my Hawkeye 9ch RX so I can use it to send short range telemetry data out to my TX module and out of my TX module via a bluetooth adapter to my lap top. I know I have read this can be done but searches have failed to turn up instructions. Can some one point me in the right direction?
Mar 31, 2014, 05:05 PM
Hi,
Does anyone know what is the impedance of the DTF UHF Deluxe from fpvmodel?
Because i would like to match the impedance of the antenna i need to get.
Thx
Mar 31, 2014, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuguesD
Hi,
Does anyone know what is the impedance of the DTF UHF Deluxe from fpvmodel?
Because i would like to match the impedance of the antenna i need to get.
Thx
Tune it for a 50 ohm feed point impedance
Mar 31, 2014, 05:55 PM
Film Enthusiast
I've had a lot of problems with Telemetry. Very unreliable and frustrating.
The other thing that I have noticed is that if I connect the TX pin on the TX than whenever I open a serial connection the receiver goes into failsafe. Note that I do not have the DTR pin connected which does restart the module so this is rather odd.
Mar 31, 2014, 07:07 PM
Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by kha
Well I have a bitscope, DSO QUAD, 16ch Saleae and access to ton of serious gear...

What I do not have is Spektrum system
I suppose we talk serious grade again huh?
That is not doable by 5-10 people...
Hm... Kickstarter maybe? :P
Maybe u can advertise your donation link more?

Btw I just received my Taranis and played a bit with the amazing audio feature.. I can't stop dreaming about telemetry from apm being read to me...

Like, altitude or speed when landing like in commercial airliners (Skip to 1:00) :
KLM Boeing B747-400 Landing St. Maarten Cockpit view (3 min 9 sec)

But I guess one can already do that with the gitsly repo and taranis mod...right?
Or not... Because the Rx can either send mavlink raw format which the taranis does not understand, or frsky format which only contains very basic stuff like voltage and maybe rssi...

So the way to do it atm is to get mavlink over olrs and into laptop/cell...and have that talk
Mar 31, 2014, 08:16 PM
Durability Tester
kha i was thinking for using dual receivers would it be possible to do something simple like having the ppm coming out of both receivers going into a y lead then into a flight controller and have just a failsafe signal wire between them using one of the servo channels so when your primary receiver loses signal it cuts the ppm then signals the other receiver to take over? the receivers don't really need to communicate other than signal loss.

like a software version of this https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ntroller_.html

i also seen this on recently http://www.elazary.com/index.php?opt...uv5r&Itemid=17

dual band ham radi. i know you can get crazy distances with them but would the radios from it work for an rc system? it also does 144.
Last edited by geofrancis; Mar 31, 2014 at 09:43 PM.
Mar 31, 2014, 11:26 PM
The geek in Rotorgeeks
Kha - what Spektrum gear would you want? Do you need a radio or would one of the Orange modules do? It's not offical Spektrum but would be enough to get a satellite to generate a serial stream.
Would you want an Rx or just a satellite (since none of the Spektrum Rx have ppm out)?
I'm willing to contribute. We could buy a used Spektrum radio but postage to Finland is nasty - maybe it would be cheaper to have you buy something that we funded? I could send you a satellite. Let us know what would be helpful.
Apr 01, 2014, 02:04 AM
kha
kha
openLRSng haxor
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisM
Kha, may be you now have Futaba 12CH Micro PPM capable TX?
You made it work last year when I switched from 8CH to 12CH but now it is broken. Yesterday confirmed 3.5.6 is not working.... feels like only 5% of the frames get through...

My post about the problem from March 17:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4265

I have the scope, just tell me what you need if anything.
For now have to fly on 3.5.1... which works just fine on both my TX : DTF 1W DIY and Orange RX as TX.

Tnx!
I looked at the code, I can't see why it wouldn't work...

Can you try with this
http://openlrsng.org/beta/microppm/

It is same as v.3.5.6 but will output PPM data on serial in the form

xxx:aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd,eee,fff,gg...

where xxx is ms from last successfull 'frame' and aaa,bbb... are channel values
Apr 01, 2014, 02:05 AM
kha
kha
openLRSng haxor
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklein
Kha - what Spektrum gear would you want? Do you need a radio or would one of the Orange modules do? It's not offical Spektrum but would be enough to get a satellite to generate a serial stream.
Would you want an Rx or just a satellite (since none of the Spektrum Rx have ppm out)?
I'm willing to contribute. We could buy a used Spektrum radio but postage to Finland is nasty - maybe it would be cheaper to have you buy something that we funded? I could send you a satellite. Let us know what would be helpful.
Well Orange TX module + satellite would do just fine.
Apr 01, 2014, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
I want to connect my APM 2.5 to my Hawkeye 9ch RX so I can use it to send short range telemetry data out to my TX module and out of my TX module via a bluetooth adapter to my lap top. I know I have read this can be done but searches have failed to turn up instructions. Can some one point me in the right direction?
I asked the same question regarding the Telemetry a few post's back and here is Kha response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kha
It will get merged eventually, we are currently reworking some bits ans pieces to make it possible. Everything will be supported by single firmware image and settable by configurator.
I think I'm just going to put my TX telem radio in for now and run the bluetooth off the telemetry ground unit. That way I can have a tablet (bluetooth) next to me just not running off my openlrs. Bluetooth serial connection to Telemetry link :
DroidPlanner Telemetry for APM 2.5 using Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and Bluetooth Module (6 min 17 sec)
Apr 01, 2014, 03:46 PM
Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepine
I asked the same question regarding the Telemetry a few post's back and here is Kha response:

I think I'm just going to put my TX telem radio in for now and run the bluetooth off the telemetry ground unit. That way I can have a tablet (bluetooth) next to me just not running off my openlrs. Bluetooth serial connection to Telemetry link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KbarVk_E98
Yes, a friend of mine has made a little box to pair the telemetry with the bluetooth module. I saw it in action and it works fine. But this is OT here so I won't say more
Apr 02, 2014, 12:02 AM
Flying Wood For Fun
how bout this for a logic analyzer ? (under $10)
hardware
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/141214164581
software
http://www.sigrok.org/blog/windows-s...and-installers

source post:
http://majek.mamy.to/en/logic-analyzer/
Apr 02, 2014, 12:52 AM
kha
kha
openLRSng haxor
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by irun4fundotca
You can get 8ch saleae logic 8 clones from aliexpress for under 10 usd shipped. It works with the logic software from saleae but also with sigrok.
Apr 02, 2014, 06:16 AM
This weekend I bought a Teensy 3.1 from the Arduino booth at the maker faire I was flying drones on I wanted to get the setup that is described over there at DIYdrones running on my OpenLRSng setup.

Yesterday I wired it to my OpenRLSng but failed to get telemetry info on my Taranis. So I just wanted to check some things:
  1. The Teensy flashes every second while it is starting up and is solidly lit when active so it seems, is this the correct behaviour?
  2. What is the baud rate the Teensy outputs the SmartPort telemetry? I guessed it was 57600 and setup my OpenRLSng TX accordingly.
  3. I also have a MinimOSD connected to my APM and with the Teensy connected too I see the OSD values update at a much higher rate than normally, is this because the Teensy "pulls" the telemetry faster?
  4. I setup my OpenLRSng RX with the telemetry function set to "yes" (options are no/yes/SmartPort/FrSky). I figured that Teensy already speaks SmartPort and therefore it should be transmitted verbatim, right?
  5. I have the signal inverter mod done on my OpenLRSng TX module as per these instructions. Do I still need this?

This is a cross-post from the DIYdrones thread so I will share the answers. Thanks!

Quick Reply