Dec 02, 2012, 10:33 PM
Thread OP
Gallery

Cape Clear, Cape Breton,Nova Scotia

Some pictures taken while on a week's excursion to Cape Breton. This place is the headwaters of the Northeast Margaree river renowned for Atlantic Salmon fishing. I heard about it and decided to make an effort to find it. It was a beautiful September morning and I was fortunate to get a flight in as the wind was building. A very tricky place to fly and land but I managed to get it back. I red circled myself in one pic so you can get an idea of the scale, it was an impressive bluff (at least to me) These glaciated table-top hills have a unique beauty all their own

to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2012, 01:24 AM
Fantastic air pics!!
Great.!! i love the one as you see yourself - gives the porportion of the place
Is it with a Quad//
If ..from a Bird..Were did you landed.
Crazy place if a Bird is in problem..in air and comes down...never get it back or found it

Wonderful work bolter!
Guy
Dec 03, 2012, 09:06 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyg
Fantastic air pics!!
Great.!! i love the one as you see yourself - gives the porportion of the place
Is it with a Quad//
If ..from a Bird..Were did you landed.
Crazy place if a Bird is in problem..in air and comes down...never get it back or found it

Wonderful work bolter!
Guy
Thanks Guy, it was from my trusty OLD EasyStar and it was one of the few times I was a bit nervous launching it because as you say, any problems and I wasn't getting it back ! I did a tricky recovery on a narrow trail behind me. One of the best AP experiences I've had
Dec 03, 2012, 10:15 AM
What a gorgeous place! I can see why it would be tricky to fly there! Not so much flying as landing! Your camera sure is doing a great job!
Dec 03, 2012, 11:47 AM
Norbert
Brave flying and very unique, beautiful pictures!

I don't remember seeing any scenery like that from AP. The pictures really give the impression of tight space but radiate a very nice, peaceful mood (hope I can express this with my words). What about up- or down winds at the mountain walls?

Norbert
Dec 03, 2012, 05:04 PM
olivier
Whaoooohhh!!! No guts no Glory… these are the most glorious pictures ever seen on RC group!!! well done Mate
Dec 03, 2012, 08:18 PM
Nicely done!
Dec 04, 2012, 12:24 AM
3d Kiwi
You have really got your money's worth out of the Ez*
Fantastic work
Dec 04, 2012, 12:38 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
wooooo! yeah! all that. congratulations on a real achievment.
Dec 04, 2012, 02:50 AM
Air currents there must had been quite a handful.
Dec 04, 2012, 10:09 AM
To use your own words from another thread: "Applause ! Applause!"

Tony
Dec 04, 2012, 06:15 PM
I have carried out mineral exploration in this general area several years ago ( I physically could not do so today). Bolter has done a fantastic job of portraying the scenery. Too bad it was not later in the season, when the foliage was turning (although there are some reddish trees).
I have flown with him and would not risk my models in some of the situations I have seen him fly.
Great stuff!
Dec 04, 2012, 11:03 PM
Thread OP
Thanks all for the positive comments and in particular those from the Master himself !
Norbert, I think you caught the essence of the place in your words very well, the rounded hills give the impression of gentle beauty forged by tremendous forces. The air currents were definitely challenging and the cloud shadows hint at the building updrafts.
John, I'll definitely try for more autumn color sometime but I was extremely lucky to get to fly with interesting light after driving about 30 k of wild road to get there
Dec 05, 2012, 06:44 PM
Spectacular!!

Jerry

Quick Reply