This thread is privately moderated by surf1punk, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 02, 2012, 12:24 AM
RC FPVer
Thread OP
Discussion

Building a PVC plane rack

It has gotten to the point where I have enough RC planes now that storage is becoming an issue. Too many times I've had a plane laying on the ground waiting to be stepped on or knocked over. I finally got motivated enough to build my own PVC pipe rc plane rack. There are lots of different ways to make these, so the biggest thing is to just make it work for you and whatever you're storing. I chose to make a wall hanging rack since I don't have a lot of floor place to hold a stand.

Check out more pictures and build details of the pvc plane rack here!

to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2013, 04:41 PM
do you think it's possible to make a plane out of that material? pvc piping? it's round and thick and seems pretty Durable. i have Lots of long ones and is thinking of building a glider...do you think it's possible?
Jan 19, 2013, 05:05 PM
RC FPVer
Thread OP
Sure I'd think it's "possible" however it may be quite heavy once you're finished depending on the design. Foam and Balsa are just so much lighter than thick plastic pvc.

Quick Reply