This thread is privately moderated by Bud Morrison, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 23, 2018, 02:51 PM
Pretty cool onboard video from our third 1/12 scale ACES competition of year 2018 made by one of the participants and the winner of that stage:

RC aircombat 1-12 rakvere (5 min 7 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2018, 03:39 AM
njw
njw
Viel Spass am Geraet!
Aircombat Hansecup Stade 2017, WW1, WW2, EPA, RC Modelling (3 min 19 sec)

Stade/Germany, first Aircombat 2017...
May 21, 2019, 03:02 AM
Not really combat, but pretty funny competition with foamies fighting in challenges:

https://amodeldo.blogspot.com/2018/0...-la-video.html
Oct 18, 2019, 04:22 AM
To be Young Again...…

NERF GUN DRONE BATTLE
They call me FRED (bang bang) | Caddx Turtle V2 | FPV FREESTYLE VIDEO | 3 inch drone | Gecko (2 min 17 sec)
Mar 06, 2020, 11:04 AM

question on "weapons"

i cant get any of the videos to work for some reason, but i would like to know what kind of "weapons" are used in rc plane combat. Do you all have some kind of laser-tag style setup that cuts your motors or messes up your controls when it it senses a "hit"? A re you trying to drop something on each other? Ambush each other with castnet streamers from parachute modules? Airsoft guns? How is this "combat" done?
Mar 06, 2020, 01:01 PM
We put a 30 ft long streamer on the back of our planes & try to cut the other pilot's streamer with our wings or the prop. You can check out more about it by visiting the website for the RC Combat Association (RCCA) here: http://www.rccombat.com/
Watch your 6,
Andy Runte
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
AMA #273119
RCCA #876
Mar 06, 2020, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmldr
We put a 30 ft long streamer on the back of our planes & try to cut the other pilot's streamer with our wings or the prop. You can check out more about it by visiting the website for the RC Combat Association (RCCA) here: http://www.rccombat.com/
Watch your 6,
Andy Runte
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
AMA #273119
RCCA #876
You're telling me you just score a hit by passing thru someone else's recent flightpath? But you can do that without ever aiming at them... And thus conversely get "hit" without someone getting you in their crosshair... If you did a Let Them Pass, instead of dodging, you could lose more of your streamer than you would otherwise. And how is it fair if someone stops maneuvering and goes into a shallow dive to increase their speed so pursuers can't catch their streamer? Someone who stops maneuvering should get shot down, not get immunity. How am I supposed to cut a streamer with my edf (and if I could suck it in an intake, it would damage me, or rather my edf and maybe some internal stuff!)? How am I supposed to screw someone on my 6 with a Pugachev's Cobra if I get immediatly counterscrewed for having my engine(s) blowing the streamer straight down? If I took that further and used thrust vectoring to brake with a backflip, I'd run into my own streamer or wrap it around my plane, it could jam something. How am I supposed to "shoot" someone from the front, like, oh, I don't know, the Scissors, a high altitude head on, attacking from the position of the sun, the first pass, ect... ?

Am I missing something here? I know we can't have real AAMs, but doesn't this model for combat (and skill/competition) seem whack to anyone else?
Mar 08, 2020, 11:11 PM
Heath
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEDRON 1
You're telling me you just score a hit by passing thru someone else's recent flightpath? But you can do that without ever aiming at them...
Once in a while you could get lucky but if you want to get cuts you are going to need to do lots of aiming and chasing.

Quote:
And thus conversely get "hit" without someone getting you in their crosshair... If you did a Let Them Pass, instead of dodging, you could lose more of your streamer than you would otherwise. And how is it fair if someone stops maneuvering and goes into a shallow dive to increase their speed so pursuers can't catch their streamer? Someone who stops maneuvering should get shot down, not get immunity.
A dive is a maneuver. And you going to need to do much more than a shallow straight dive to get away.

Quote:
How am I supposed to cut a streamer with my edf (and if I could suck it in an intake, it would damage me, or rather my edf and maybe some internal stuff!)?
With your wing. You are not going to do very well with and EDF anyway as an EDFs performance is inferior to an open prop in almost every flight maneuver. The only reason to ever use an EDF in a model plane is for the looks.

Quote:
Am I missing something here? I know we can't have real AAMs, but doesn't this model for combat (and skill/competition) seem whack to anyone else?
Yes, you are missing many things.

RC combat is not a video game. It is a competition flown with real hardware, using real physics, in the real world.

Every form of competition has its own limitations. For example, you can't shoot someone in a fencing competition. Just because you can't do things the easy way with a gun or laser does not reduce the skill needed to win the competition when all the competitors have the same limitations.

If the reality of RC streamer combat does not live up to your fantasy build the hardware you are fantasying about and find some people to fly with you in the real world, or go play a video game.
Jan 07, 2021, 07:25 PM
A little Open B combat from this fall.

R/C Combat 2020: The greatest common denominator. (14 min 15 sec)
Sep 20, 2021, 01:33 PM
Some videos from Germany. We're flying small ESA / EPA warbirds here. Cheap planes, but lot's of fun.

Aircombat ESA / EPA at MFSV Wenkheim, Germany on 2021-09-18 Heat 1 (6 min 35 sec)

Aircombat ESA / EPA at MFSV Wenkheim, Germany on 2021-09-18 Heat 2 (7 min 3 sec)
Sep 24, 2022, 07:50 PM
Does it have invasion stripes?

Quickest Combat Kill Ever !!!

Our club has had a recent surge in combat. One of the members produces Bloody Wonder planes from the Flite Test guys’ pattern.
He churns them out in huge numbers complete with motor firewall, control horns and rods. Each member installs his own motor, servos, and ESC.
He builds and distributes them at NO CHARGE.
He encourages everyone to go for it without concern over midair collisions. If you crash a plane, grab another free one.
He provides the crepe paper ribbons, and even spare props. He’s like Santa Claus.
Nearly everyone in the club participates, and the combat sessions take place pretty much every day.
Quickest Kill in RC Combat History !!! (0 min 49 sec)
Sep 26, 2022, 05:24 PM
Battle over Brenham XIV - some videos from my helmet camera:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...AgM7XnADr0tjY_
Oct 04, 2022, 09:46 AM
Clean up! The missus is home

MARKS Combat

We have combat with the Flite Test Bloody Baron.
Nov 30, 2023, 04:48 AM
Wow these videos are amazing, I love the FPV ones! Can't stop thinking about finding a safe way to make this but with BB guns attached to the planes haha!
Last edited by JimHarris; Nov 30, 2023 at 04:55 AM. Reason: wrote the wrong thing :D

Quick Reply