Jan 17, 2019, 06:08 PM

Motor?

Hi Tom
What motor, esc, battery combo are you going to use ?

OK ,I have now read the entire thread and answered my question.

I also acquired a partially built 6 foot beaver started by a now sadly deceased person. As I only fly electric I will complete it with e power. I have a choice between an e-flite power 46 or a Turnigy g32. Any advice on motor choice would be greatly appreciated.

Tom, can you share the plan for the stab/elevator? That sounds like the way to go.

Also, as I don't have the plans can anyone show me where the float mounts go?

Mine is covered so presents all sorts of issues re hatches, mods etc. I may have to strip it to finish it properly.

Thanks ti all for any assistance, ideas etc.
Last edited by trroadster; Feb 10, 2019 at 04:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2019, 05:56 PM
Hi Dan
Did you ever finish your unionville beaver? I am in the midst of finishing one, built bt someone else, and would love to chat about the mods you made to go electric.
Cheers
Don
[email protected]
May 24, 2019, 11:18 PM
Thread OP
Iíve made some more progress on the empennage. Yesterday and today I mounted the aux fins to horizontal. Had to get creative and build a little jig to hold everything straight while the glue set. All in all happy with the things are turning out. Seems to me a lot of tedium in this Beaver tail - lol.
May 25, 2019, 04:36 AM
'Douglas' to his friends.
Tom...
I've been reading through this topic, and congratulate you on sticking with the task and doing such a fine job. S'gonna been great seeing the finished bird, in her intended livery. Good Stuff.
A tiny detail, and probably already catered for, but, to my tired eyes, the tailwheel appears to 'castor' backwards. Is that intentional, or is it just the way it was for the photos above..? It won't affect flying, but might create taxying issues if the wheel axle is not trailing correctly.
Just sayin'; you're doing the original young owner proud. Thanks for sharing the whole story; looking forward to First Flight.
Douglas
May 25, 2019, 06:00 AM
Thread OP
Hi Dad3353, thanks for the kind critique. Good eye on the tail wheel. Yes, in the pix the wheel is castering wrong; however it’s not connected yet. I mounted the Sullivan bearing housing backwards trying to make it look more like a full scale Beaver tail wheel. I’ll post pix soon of the (in my humble opinion) clever way I connected it to the rudder. Again, thanks for you nice post and encouragement. Best, Tom
May 25, 2019, 06:31 AM
'Douglas' to his friends.

Quick Reply