Thread Tools
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:59 PM
Fokker Ace is offline
Find More Posts by Fokker Ace
Fokker Ace's Avatar
Discussion

Homeless guy gets boots, sells boots


In case you live in a bubble and haven't heard the schlock story about the NYC cop buying boots for a homeless dude and the feel good photo everyone is crapping themselves over, it seems there's a twist in the story - the bum has now sold his new boots (probably to buy a bottle of ripple).

Sounds like a happy ending for all involved: Officer Friendly gets a medal, Ms. Cell Phone Photog gets her fifteen minutes and Dirty Bum gets a buzz.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:06 PM
Capy-Norway is offline
Find More Posts by Capy-Norway
Registered User
Capy-Norway's Avatar
Link to the boot selling?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:08 PM
madsci_guy is offline
Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Yeah, I can't find that part of the story.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:09 PM
6L6Amp is offline
Find More Posts by 6L6Amp
Registered User
6L6Amp's Avatar
The homeless guy sold the story, too.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:09 PM
Tim Jonas is online now
Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Mr Mootsie
Tim Jonas's Avatar
Professional gloom merchants are everywhere.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:15 PM
Fokker Ace is offline
Find More Posts by Fokker Ace
Fokker Ace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capy-Norway View Post
Link to the boot selling?
NY Times link: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/30/ny...efoot-man.html
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:24 PM
billyd60 is offline
Find More Posts by billyd60
Gravity is patient............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokker Ace View Post
In case you live in a bubble and haven't heard the schlock story about the NYC cop buying boots for a homeless dude and the feel good photo everyone is crapping themselves over, it seems there's a twist in the story - the bum has now sold his new boots (probably to buy a bottle of ripple).

Sounds like a happy ending for all involved: Officer Friendly gets a medal, Ms. Cell Phone Photog gets her fifteen minutes and Dirty Bum gets a buzz.
Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to hear stories like this. Is this a great country or what?

My country tis of thee sweet land of liber- .... no one? C'mon everybody Land where my..... no? Oh well.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:24 PM
56S is offline
56S
Find More Posts by 56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
56S's Avatar
Sad. Our local radio station has a yearly charity through the Salvation Army called "Christmas Castle". A family in need for the holidays writes to the radio station explaining their woes and people call in to donate $$. Many businesses donate for the air time and so do many individuals. I had considered making a personal donation and daring other employes at my company to do the same thing.....until I noticed that the needy families always asked for the same two things; Winter coats and boots for their kids. You can call me skeptic or cold hearted but I have a feeling the gift cards given to them for Walmart might go for something other than coats and boots.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:26 PM
flyzwell is offline
Find More Posts by flyzwell
Registered User
flyzwell's Avatar
I suspect he's preying on unsuspecting philanthropists and saving up enough shoes to one day open up his own shoe shop and live the American dream.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:27 PM
D W is offline
D W
Find More Posts by D W
D W
I love you man.
D W's Avatar
"Officer Friendly"? Nice.
"Dirty Bum"? Nice.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:31 PM
Sprydle is offline
Find More Posts by Sprydle
Against it with you
Sprydle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
"Officer Friendly"? Nice.
"Dirty Bum"? Nice.
Yep, lovely eh? Not sure what the point of the OP is other than a little self-affirmation and curmudgeonly clucking. Does the guy in the OP represent all homeless people? Of course he doesn't.

Heck, if anything the guy should be congratulated for showing a bit of initiative - he turned the gift of boots into dollars. Maybe he needed money more than he needed the boots.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:36 PM
billyd60 is offline
Find More Posts by billyd60
Gravity is patient............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprydle View Post
Yep, lovely eh? Not sure what the point of the OP is other than a little self-affirmation and curmudgeonly clucking. Does the guy in the OP represent all homeless people? Of course he doesn't.

Heck, if anything the guy should be congratulated for showing a bit of initiative - he turned the gift of boots into dollars. Maybe he needed money more than he needed the boots.
You're right! You know what they say, give a man some boots he drinks for a day, teach a man to steal boots, he drinks for a lifetime!

Or something like that anyway.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:41 PM
Usta Bee is offline
Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Closed Account
I called it first right here suckers....read it and weep !




https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...33&postcount=9
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:42 PM
Sprydle is offline
Find More Posts by Sprydle
Against it with you
Sprydle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
You're right! You know what they say, give a man some boots he drinks for a day, teach a man to steal boots, he drinks for a lifetime!

Or something like that anyway.
Who stole boots?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:43 PM
billyd60 is offline
Find More Posts by billyd60
Gravity is patient............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprydle View Post
Who stole boots?
It was a joke. Man you guys are a tough crowd.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Getting a slash, thinking of selling Rustler parts to get some money for the new car WHYISPY Car Talk 1 Aug 05, 2012 08:25 AM
Discussion Hello guys I want to sell these things Neo360 FPV Talk 8 Jun 10, 2012 05:20 PM