Digitizng an old plan - Page 3 - RC Groups
Dec 25, 2012, 08:57 AM
"A spline is a smooth curve passing through a given set of points.
Splines are useful for creating irregular-shaped curves, for example, drawing contour lines for geographic information system (GIS) applications or automobile design."

Comes in handy for tracing around irregular curves.
I have been using ACAD for hobby purposes for 15+ years and I discover something new almost every time I use it.
Great fun to me!!!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 25, 2012, 08:09 PM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Thanks for the explanation

I'm wondering if that's the same meaning in DevFus Foam in the 'Splines' section. I took it as meaning drawing a set of lines parallel to the former's cross-section so that you produce a hollowed-out fuze core rather than a solid one.

Maybe it's referring to the type of line being used rather than the actual process of forming a hollow fuze?

BJ
Dec 25, 2012, 09:35 PM
Devfusfoam uses splines to form section shapes. The control points changes the spline to fit the shape of the formers.
Last edited by p901P901; Dec 25, 2012 at 10:09 PM.
Dec 27, 2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64
Merry Christmas, guys.

BTW - what exactly are "splines"?

I hear them referred to quite often, but I'm not exactly sure what is meant by them.

Are they perhaps those squiggly types of line you can click on/add 'nodes' (control-points) to, then push and pull the line to make it contour a complex curve?

BJ
Those would be splines. It is the CAD equivalent of drawing something with a french curve.