Techject Robot Dragonfly! - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Nov 30, 2012, 02:37 AM
Registered User
Discussion

Techject Robot Dragonfly!


http://igg.me/p/268456/x/1766947

This is an amazing new invention an rc 4 winged dragonfly that fits in the palm of your hand and has up to 20 sensors including gps and 2 HD cameras for recording and fpv!

There is an ongoing competition everytime you click or re share this link I have an extra chance to win one. and if you pledge in the campaign you will also have a chance to win one.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2012, 05:18 AM
Registered User

super cool (with major reservation)


Quote:
Originally Posted by captainriggs
http://igg.me/p/268456/x/1766947

This is an amazing new invention an rc 4 winged dragonfly that fits in the palm of your hand and has up to 20 sensors including gps and 2 HD cameras for recording and fpv!

There is an ongoing competition everytime you click or re share this link I have an extra chance to win one. and if you pledge in the campaign you will also have a chance to win one.
On the surface, esp. for gaming, ethical military use, home protection, etc., seems great.

However, besides the VERY important privacy* issues, incl. "Big Brother" and commercial use like "cookies" to track people's activities, bill collectors AND political "uses" .... this TYPE of device (there will obviously be many more such devices on the market) opens the door to government (incl. foreign govt.!!) and private killers & murderers, incl. "hire for kill", similar to and as in the robotic spiders in the film "Fahrenheit 451" which hunted down and used poison to kill "offenders".

But FAR more pernicious and DANGEROUS!

"You have been warned"


Lee




* Many countries have now severely restricted Google Map from showing people and cars, etc., to protect personal privacy ("Hey, dear, what was your car doing parked by her place?") > this is no different than the practice of darkened windows in some bars so that onlookers from outside cannot see who is in there.
Dec 01, 2012, 04:37 AM
Registered User

also these little flying buggers >


from Frank Herbert's Dune series [Wikipedia]:

Hunter-seeker "Ravening sliver of suspensor-buoyed metal guided as a weapon by a nearby control console; common assassination device.". Floating in mid-air, it kills by entering the body and following nerve pathways to vital organs. A hunter-seeker is employed in Dune in an assassination attempt on Paul Atreides.


Nasty? Wicked? Gives new meaning to DRAGONfly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileragon_(PSF).png


And there is NO question that these type devices will soon be used as killers, in the same way as WWI bipes started as observation platforms and quickly became bomb and then machine-gun platforms.

Nice toys all ...


Lee
Dec 19, 2012, 11:31 AM
Registered User
I just watched their video and was impressed by the flight sequences. Does anyone have info on their control set-up? The flight scenes were fairly short, I hope I wasn't watching a "rigged" video!

Steve
Dec 19, 2012, 05:41 PM
Micro Flyer, Big Poster
Pete P's Avatar
Saw this, was going to cross-post it here I can't wait for my Delta unit!!!

Control is DSM2, and also WiFi.
Dec 21, 2012, 11:10 AM
Quad Questions Team member
kelloggair's Avatar
so pete if i pledge my 119 for the silent one am i going to get one when they come out? or will i still have to pay more the site is unclear
Dec 26, 2012, 12:15 PM
Micro Flyer, Big Poster
Pete P's Avatar
Oh, yes. You are pre-purchasing. You WILL get the product you purchase, at a later date. There are guarentees for this from Indiegogo.

But also, I'd strongly recommend the Delta model - CVT means hovering! The Alpha models (although much cheaper) do not hover.
Dec 26, 2012, 01:08 PM
Quad Questions Team member
kelloggair's Avatar
thanks for the info
Jun 25, 2014, 01:35 PM
Registered User
skytek's Avatar
Well it's been a year and a half now and still all we have is computer generated images and no sign of a product. They took over a million dollars, ten times their original fund goal. They made silly claims in their promo material and meaningless statements about efficiency. Did any of you actually buy the hyperbole and fund this? What's happening now?
Jun 25, 2014, 02:05 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Vapor Trails's Avatar
eek
Jun 25, 2014, 09:30 PM
Registered User
n553302's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytek
Well it's been a year and a half now and still all we have is computer generated images and no sign of a product. They took over a million dollars, ten times their original fund goal. They made silly claims in their promo material and meaningless statements about efficiency. Did any of you actually buy the hyperbole and fund this? What's happening now?
The indiegogo web site has been posting updates on the project.
Jun 25, 2014, 10:25 PM
Registered User
skytek's Avatar
They don't even seem to have a flying prototype yet. If they did the videos would be heavily promoted. They've made massive claims and taken over a million dollars for something that hasn't even been shown to work. If it ever does actually make it to production, you're going to get a very fragile toy that may only last a few flights and meets almost none of the claims and promises the makers made. I mean, they said it's going to be a fantastic FPV platform for amazing aerial footage. They said it's going to fly around our homes monitoring for intruders. It's madness.
Jun 30, 2014, 02:27 PM
Registered User
SystemsGuy's Avatar
Well, at least they are trying

Crash and Impact Testing (1 min 12 sec)



Quote:
Originally Posted by skytek
They don't even seem to have a flying prototype yet. If they did the videos would be heavily promoted. They've made massive claims and taken over a million dollars for something that hasn't even been shown to work. If it ever does actually make it to production, you're going to get a very fragile toy that may only last a few flights and meets almost none of the claims and promises the makers made. I mean, they said it's going to be a fantastic FPV platform for amazing aerial footage. They said it's going to fly around our homes monitoring for intruders. It's madness.
Jul 04, 2014, 12:13 PM
Gravity hates me.
3dRCrazy's Avatar
Where the heck is it


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product TechJect Robot Dragonfly nanobot9000 UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 0 Nov 14, 2012 09:22 AM
Discussion TechJect Dragonfly Lazman VTOLs 0 Nov 08, 2012 04:03 PM
Discussion DragonFly 21 : Ornithopter of dragonfly with four wings Kazu-kaku Ornithopters 36 Aug 02, 2012 10:54 AM
Link TED Talk Quadcopter Robots, Robots that fly ... and cooperate oxgon Multirotor Drone Talk 5 Mar 04, 2012 12:39 AM
Yippee! WowWee Robotic R/C Dragonfly $10.00 freddb3 Hot Online Deals 3 May 19, 2008 11:52 PM