Thread Tools
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:17 PM
Glenstr is offline
Find More Posts by Glenstr
Registered User
Glenstr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
I haven't really got into the quality video making side of things, but now that I have a Penguin I might want to rig up a better-than-Gopro cam in the belly, since it can haul the weight of some nice P&S cams. I have a Hero2, a bunch of #16 cams, and a Replay1080. I don't use the GoPro much, except on my quad.

And speaking of quads and dealing with wet wet BC weather, I have a waterproof+floating 'aquacopter' frame coming. I also have made a waterproof 5.8 FPV pod which I already use on a number of planes. Once I put it on the quad I can basically fly any time anywhere. Really looking fwd to that. Might need to change it to 1280 for the rain.
Looking forward to seeing your aquacopter frame setup! I did some pics with my flamewheel while in BC this Sept, pretty nervous flying over water when I did it.

Pics here
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:30 PM
hammer833 is offline
Find More Posts by hammer833
Rick
hammer833's Avatar
Hi from the prairies. Not too much interesting to look at but at least there's nothing to run into. Here's a video proving that. This is a video I took of our new flying field just west of Winnipeg. This was my second FPV flight, I really need to get a stabilization system on this plane that wins play havoc with it.
WHAM New Field 08-04-2012 (6 min 45 sec)
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:32 PM
Eastcoast78 is offline
Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
Dixie Normious
Eastcoast78's Avatar
Hey guys, Rep'in Newfoundland on here...St Johns...so if you think your getting more east then me..forget about it hahah

I'm slowly getting more into the fpv...Theres just me and another guy who are into it here..theres a couple others but there equip is in the corner collecting dust!!

Right now both of us are using 5.8 which is fine for starters. But were moving to 1.2/1/3 and dragonlink(me) andi think hes leaning towards EZuhf(as hes using the (ezosd)
My DOSD is on the way and the uhf well be in the spring.

were both using Delta's 58'' Wing...a lot of guys know it as the TBRCwing.
Heres a few vids of his fpv'in while down here the summer past
THE AVALON - Newfoundland Canada 2012 (3 min 47 sec)

Brigus&UIC Newfoundland Canada (4 min 4 sec)

Harbour Grace Newfoundland (4 min 49 sec)



Heres myChannel
http://www.youtube.com/user/eastcoast78?feature=mhee

TBRC fling day (4 min 30 sec)


great to see a thread started for da cunuks...
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:33 PM
CrashAffinity is offline
Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer833 View Post
Hi from the prairies. Not too much interesting to look at but at least there's nothing to run into. Here's a video proving that. This is a video I took of our new flying field just west of Winnipeg. This was my second FPV flight, I really need to get a stabilization system on this plane that wins play havoc with it.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e1c0nH-uUyg
you could see your dog running for 3 days... couldn't resist =)

There are lots of good stabilization systems out there, and i think there is a thread kicking around here on how to use a single gyro to stabilize your ailerons too.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:37 PM
CrashAffinity is offline
Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Hey guys, Rep'in Newfoundland on here...St Johns...so if you think your getting more east then me..forget about it hahah

I'm slowly getting more into the fpv...Theres just me and another guy who are into it here..theres a couple others but there equip is in the corner collecting dust!!

Right now both of us are using 5.8 which is fine for starters. But were moving to 1.2/1/3 and dragonlink(me) andi think hes leaning towards EZuhf(as hes using the (ezosd)
My DOSD is on the way and the uhf well be in the spring.

were both using Delta's 58'' Wing...a lot of guys know it as the TBRCwing.
Heres a few vids of his fpv'in while down here the summer past
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzkoFS0N6h4&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfKRkM-CTR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF9KB...ure=plpp_video


Heres myChannel
http://www.youtube.com/user/eastcoast78?feature=mhee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzueg...4&feature=plcp

great to see a thread started for da cunuks...
wow some nice vids there, and great scenery!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:41 PM
hammer833 is offline
Find More Posts by hammer833
Rick
hammer833's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
you could see your dog running for 3 days... couldn't resist =)

There are lots of good stabilization systems out there, and i think there is a thread kicking around here on how to use a single gyro to stabilize your ailerons too.
My buddy's dog ran away one day and we sat and watched it. The dog died of exhaustion before it got out of site.

I'm using a HK Bixler so I ordered the cheap orange stabilization system from Hobby King just to give it a try, It should be here any day. I'll post my thoughts on how it works after a few flights.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:43 PM
hammer833 is offline
Find More Posts by hammer833
Rick
hammer833's Avatar
By the way, great thread, thanks for starting it Polix
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:54 PM
CrashAffinity is offline
Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer833 View Post
By the way, great thread, thanks for starting it Polix
glad to have the canuck perspective in here...

let me know how that hk stabilizer works, i have a few FY units here, haven't been flying with them but now that i'm doing more FPV i need to at least stabilize the ailerons
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:10 PM
carguy1994ca is offline
Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Yea thanks a lot Polix, now I have so much new vids from Canada to look at, my week end is gone

Those vids fom NF look great, the Prairie one, well, let's say you have the place to beat the long distance low flying record ! On the west coast can't wait to see all the trees and ocean too. Meanwhile, here is what we do in Quebec:

Watch the end of the second video

Meeting FPV Montreal 2012 (3 min 26 sec)


Mini FPV Meeting (4 min 25 sec)
Last edited by carguy1994ca; Nov 30, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:56 PM
CrashAffinity is offline
Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
at this rate we're going to have to start a custom google map where you can link the tags and see the videos that were taken there =)
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:59 PM
BCSaltchucker is offline
Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
fly by night
BCSaltchucker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer833 View Post
My buddy's dog ran away one day and we sat and watched it. The dog died of exhaustion before it got out of site.

I'm using a HK Bixler so I ordered the cheap orange stabilization system from Hobby King just to give it a try, It should be here any day. I'll post my thoughts on how it works after a few flights.
for strong winds, I highly recommend getting a good size, fairly powerful flying wing. The regular planes are just not all that great in winds, but some of the wings with their swept back planform are great in wind. I have a Zephyr2 and I only keep it because it is very very good in the higher wind. One time I went to the field and of course nobody showed up because of the windstorm. I threw the Zephyr up and it was pretty steady. Of course I could only manage 15-20kph into the wind, and the downwind leg was extremely brief at 90kph, but the plane was very manageable.

OTOH some days the Skysurfer can fly in high winds also if the wind is smooth, and it quite often is above 100ft or so.
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Nov 30, 2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:20 PM
bakchos is offline
Find More Posts by bakchos
WannaBeLikeJoshTheSlowJet
bakchos's Avatar
i am back from work, so i have time to show my stuff.
I have for FPV
Zebro 36 wing (Made in Canada by my brother)
Zebro 52 wing
Crash test hobby Deep Reaper XL
Xaircraft Hexa with Naza-M and GoPro 3
TBS Discovery with GoPro 1


Non FPV
Edge 540 from HobbyKing in Pete Mcleod scheme.










Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:30 PM
BCSaltchucker is offline
Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
fly by night
BCSaltchucker's Avatar
nice wings! Did your brother cut them with a hot wire?

some of my FPV planes ...



















my newest one:


My most used plane by a wide margin:


recently gutted and rebuilt it with an enlargened hatch and Storm OSD


one more - my FPV glider

Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Nov 30, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:37 PM
bakchos is offline
Find More Posts by bakchos
WannaBeLikeJoshTheSlowJet
bakchos's Avatar
Yes the kits will be ready for market in 1 or 2 weeks, check out http://www.basement-rc.com/forums/index.php?board=58.0
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:43 PM
hammer833 is offline
Find More Posts by hammer833
Rick
hammer833's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Yea thanks a lot Polix, now I have so much new vids from Canada to look at, my week end is gone

Those vids fom NF look great, the Prairie one, well, let's say you have the place to beat the long distance low flying record ! On the west coast can't wait to see all the trees and ocean too. Meanwhile, here is what we do in Quebec:

Watch the end of the second video

https://vimeo.com/49808455

https://vimeo.com/29882383
We can fly low in the spring but by August we have to go waaay up because the grain crop is almost 2' high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
at this rate we're going to have to start a custom google map where you can link the tags and see the videos that were taken there =)
+1 on the google map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
for strong winds, I highly recommend getting a good size, fairly powerful flying wing. The regular planes are just not all that great in winds, but some of the wings with their swept back planform is great in wind. I have a Zephyr2 and I only keep it because it is very very good in the higher wind. One time I went ot the field and of course nobody showed up because of the windstorm. I threw teh Zephyr up and it was pretty steady. Of course I could only manage 15-20kph into the wind, and the downwind leg was extremely brief at 90kph, but the plane was very manageable.

OTOH some days the Skysurfer can fly in high winds also if the wind is smooth, and it quite often is above 100ft or so.
I've been thinking about going with a wing. I have a blue foam 42" divinity flying wing with a KF4 air foil that I built from the plans here on RC groups. This is one of the most stable planes I have ever flown. On windy gusty days set her straight and level and it will fly across the field 10 feet off the deck hands-off. It also has quite a wide speed envelope. I'm thinking of building a5 or 6 foot wing out of 8mm coroplast with a KF4 air foil.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Canadian-ized ....eh micro_doc Foamies (Kits) 5 Jul 03, 2015 06:10 PM
For Sale Skylark EH-1 old n5ktt Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Mar 24, 2012 06:49 PM
Discussion Eh, eh, eh. 5KW 123 pack dusty IV Batteries and Chargers 6 Dec 31, 2008 07:58 PM
Eh any other Canadian Micro Heli's out there? HBirdV.2 Micro Helis 13 Jul 28, 2004 12:38 AM
What does EH stand for in this pack? [N-600AA (EH)] Skysaurus Electric Plane Talk 1 Nov 27, 2001 11:41 AM