Jul 14, 2016, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrack View Post
For sure, but it will be owned by the young.
And that's a problem how?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2016, 09:10 AM
Quote:
That is awesome.
Just using the small horizon cam/vtx?
Shad,

You can use the overpriced Spektrum one or the cheaper and better FX797 or FX798 combo units. Obviously these are paired with an Inductrix on upgraded MMW motors.

Going to Drumheller this weekend, can't wait to ride the badlands . I will have to leave the wife and kids in the car for a bit.
Jul 14, 2016, 08:20 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
See I see lift, and wind, as being more of a factor on a plane than I find it affects a quad. I point and shoot with these minis. The controller takes care of keeping things in order once dialed in.
I find flying a plane low and slow through gates a lot harder than I do a quad.
I don't, but I'm good !

Jul 15, 2016, 01:33 AM
fly by night
plane is easier to aim. but man the size of a wing is a lot harder to sneak through a tight hoop gate I bet, compared to a miniquad

but I have not flown a plane through hoop gate. We just make up gates by picking spaced trees
Jul 15, 2016, 12:00 PM
Retired young, in R/C since 68
Just got a flyer from RMRC.

I know a couple of you have expressed interest in the Connex system, so I thought I'd pass it along. Not interested myself, so have no idea if their pricing is competitive or not, but they are a good company do deal with.

They are accepting pre-orders.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...4629-143017397
Jul 15, 2016, 12:35 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
I tought Connex didn't allow pre-orders ?
Jul 15, 2016, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by consumer61 View Post
Just got a flyer from RMRC.

I know a couple of you have expressed interest in the Connex system, so I thought I'd pass it along. Not interested myself, so have no idea if their pricing is competitive or not, but they are a good company do deal with.

They are accepting pre-orders.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...4629-143017397
Mine is over the Pacific now.
Jul 15, 2016, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
I tought Connex didn't allow pre-orders ?
Connex doesn't sell to the public. Pre-orders are on the dealer websites. HK has already received there shipment from Amimon. I suspect RMRC has to wait for their shipment to arrive from China.
Jul 16, 2016, 12:48 AM
fly by night
dang. this looks pretty good for a backyard flyer, being that it is priced under $400, LOL. had to buy it. Might be fun for wilderness hiking videos too.

Connex-like HD video on beer budget

http://www.banggood.com/Cheerson-CX-...p-1055861.html

Cheerson Cx-10WD TX FPV Nano Quad Full in-depth Review (16 min 53 sec)
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Jul 16, 2016 at 12:55 AM.
Jul 17, 2016, 01:25 AM
Retired young, in R/C since 68
Looks like a blast, and surprisingly good especially if you focus on the results it gives. At that price point, I don't know what more you could ask, except maybe a swappable battery so you can keep flying.

I would love something similar, but a hair bigger, greater range and longer flight - like 300ft range, 6 min flight.

I'm sure it already exists, but you would have to find it, and when often you cant completely trust the advertising hype, it makes it hard, and possible to waste a lot of $ to find one that wasn't junk.

If anybody can suggest one like that, I would like to look at it. It would be for outdoor use, so at that size it will need some kind of stabilization or it will only be flyable in dead still air - thanks!
Jul 17, 2016, 10:04 AM
I don't think you can get past 1km with the Connex but for a quad that should be enough.
Jul 17, 2016, 11:17 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Inductrix modded for fpv looks nice. I tried it LOS and it flies very well.
Jul 17, 2016, 03:41 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
bought another truck i just cant help myself lol
Jul 17, 2016, 04:18 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Will you make it electric and RC ?
Jul 17, 2016, 04:29 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Will you make it electric and RC ?
hopefully get rid of the junk ford i used this winter for plowing if i can retrofit the harness to this one easy enough
might be hard on fuel being a 6.0L vortec

Quick Reply