Apr 05, 2013, 10:38 PM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtronic
hope so

still : UHF link need caution (read TBRC result) ... its not bullet proof... and doesnt give green to go illegal altitude & distance

flying low & close is so fun , easy & cheap

https://vimeo.com/52354548
low&close = totally nonsensical to buy UHF in the first place for that. Just stick with 2.4/5.8 then
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2013, 10:43 PM
fly by night
Quote:
hummm did not even read it all... it hurt me....

still apply to my # 2099 post : airport "C" and "E" class
airspace are big !
yes, by the letter of the law class C goes from the surface, up to 3000 ft, 5-10nm radius around major airports. controlled airspace. ATC very nervous about anything flying in there which they can;t control.
Apr 05, 2013, 10:48 PM
Rick
Quote:
hummm did not even read it all... it hurt me....

still apply to my # 2099 post : airport "C" and "E" class
airspace are big !
I think your not supposed to fly with in 5 miles of an airport.
Apr 05, 2013, 10:54 PM
fly by night
That is a guideline, but also there are a LOT of other places than airports you should never fly a model aircraft. Just go to Skyvector.com and check out your regional VFR map. There can be a heckuva lot going on you are unaware of. Approach paths can go out a long ways with planes coming in low. We have a large number of military restricted zones, and advisory airspaces too, flight training practice areas with low flying students, plus floatplane and helicopter routes which are right down low.
Apr 05, 2013, 10:55 PM
Mini Obsessed
Way to go GG. Awesome.
Apr 05, 2013, 10:57 PM
Suspended Account
There is very cool website
That seems to be designed for reporting real planes if they fly too low or make too much noise

It shows history and almost real time real planes and heli where they fly

What type of plane or heli

A
Basically all air traffic in your area and what it does

And where and when

This give you great idea of real,air traffic

And when it's busy etc

I try to find link but need to go to main computer rather than apple product

I know exact area that heli was flying from and he fly right over take off area from vancouver airport

Helli is cool,as,they can take off and land in small areas

But why do that in place where large real aircraft always take off

You not need anything but common sense to see real planes and not fly in that space

Also however real planes fly too low and also bad guys

Web site I look for as others might find no problem is history and current flights out of vancouver and into vancouver

This great site as you can see when real planes never fly
Apr 05, 2013, 10:59 PM
Mini Obsessed
Hey Hammer,
You have a google maps shot of the place they were flying?
Apr 05, 2013, 11:10 PM
Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrack
Hey Hammer,
You have a google maps shot of the place they were flying?
I'm pretty sure this is the one he was talking about. I will ask him the next time I talk to him.
Apr 05, 2013, 11:14 PM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22
This great site as you can see when real planes never fly
sounds neat, but i have yet to see such a website. Depends on whether they include all the transponder carrying aircraft, or only the major commercial aircraft and helis. You need to know where all these types are flying. And then there are many recreational air vehicles with no transponder at all, never tracked on any website. Every time I have seen one of these sites, I can tell right away they are missing 2/3 of the flights I know are going on that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David22
Also however real planes fly too low and also bad guys
yeah a bit of a grey area there.
- planes can fly as low as they like when in the wilderness
- generally they have to keep 500 feet over people, farms and such
- they must stay over 1000ft in built up areas, and 2000 ft over fur farms

but I see the commercial float planes flying at treetop level sometimes here - along the shoreline right where I would love to fly my RC planes. Now they only fly there on specific route, but still it does not seem right - they do it right along built up areas of the city on the water
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Apr 05, 2013 at 11:26 PM.
Apr 06, 2013, 12:04 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
sounds neat, but i have yet to see such a website. Depends on whether they include all the transponder carrying aircraft, or only the major commercial aircraft and helis. You need to know where all these types are flying. And then there are many recreational air vehicles with no transponder at all, never tracked on any website. Every time I have seen one of these sites, I can tell right away they are missing 2/3 of the flights I know are going on that day.

I
yeah a bit of a grey area there.
- planes can fly as low as they like when in the wilderness
- generally they have to keep 500 feet over people, farms and such
- they must stay over 1000ft in built up areas, and 2000 ft over fur farms

but I see the commercial float planes flying at treetop level sometimes here - along the shoreline right where I would love to fly my RC planes. Now they only fly there on specific route, but still it does not seem right - they do it right along built up areas of the city on the water
You fly real planes should know all about this stuff

But this site specifically designed for people who want to complain about real aircraft with info of their coordinates and speed and type of plane

It very usefull web site as you can see when rush hour for planes happens as example

I not expert on real planes but see routes they fly

Large planes come in from certain places as example
On regular basis

It's very interesting web site as you can see when they take off or come into land

Dang
I do lots of time looking at web site long ago but not look for link yet

As example you see all craft leaving vancouver harbour
At which times etc

My guess is real planes clearly show at all times what they are doing after take off

And we can see on Internet that info

I see no air activity however of police heli

Flying where big airliners fly however is IMHO not a good idea at all

Fly low to the ground where for sure real planes no able to fly is good idea

I see recently guys fly monster mother planes just regular RC way up in the air
They have great eye vision , like to me it sounds and looks just like real plane
Way up there

That helli was at most likely spot I know about where is no mans land
But at certain distance like 45 degrees away and way up would be in line with large planes

I am against flying over major roads or public places
Flying right overpriced around large airliners pathways is just not smart

We should as principal avoid certain places

It's good idea to have an ear out to listen for real planes so you can take fast dive to avoid real planes

Some real plane guys are nuts

And fly and land where they not allowed

I see real helli land once in illegal place for sure as example
Apr 06, 2013, 01:26 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Thread OP
oh i see this is turning into the fpv police thread once again....

for those of you without the first name 'larry', lets just assume once again we're adults and let's dispense with the retoric.

I haven't seen a single shred of evidence that anyone in this thread is being irresponsible, so let's stop educating each other.

we're all adults, and from what i've seen, we're all responsible fpv pilots here.

as usual, those that have the least to show (via video) are the ones to reiterate the safety rules.

baaah humbug.

it sucks that some people are irresponsible, but that does not seem to be a tendency in this thread.

let's go back to discussing how carguy is going to bring me a beer with his summit, sounds like much more fun
Apr 06, 2013, 01:36 AM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashAffinity
oh i see this is turning into the fpv police thread once again....

for those of you without the first name 'larry', lets just assume once again we're adults and let's dispense with the retoric.

I haven't seen a single shred of evidence that anyone in this thread is being irresponsible, so let's stop educating each other.

we're all adults, and from what i've seen, we're all responsible fpv pilots here.

as usual, those that have the least to show (via video) are the ones to reiterate the safety rules.

baaah humbug.

it sucks that some people are irresponsible, but that does not seem to be a tendency in this thread.

let's go back to discussing how carguy is going to bring me a beer with his summit, sounds like much more fun
+1 this, but the email from MAAC is very valid and good to share as we all know people that know people that know people and hopefully by spreading the news the moron will get in some carp.
Apr 06, 2013, 01:43 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Thread OP
i agree completely, but every time we get one one of those it turns into the fpv fun police thread, where people have to educate others with what is 'right'.

i would be the first person to rat out the idiot that did that. that sort of action is the asinine activity that will doom us all, but it doesn't automatically paint us all with the same brush, so to speak.

let's keep it all in perspective. there are idiots no matter where we look, whether they have just a broomstick or an fpv plane. doesn't mean it's an excuse to re-educate everyone in this thread on common sense practices.

honestly i'm getting tired of being reminded what's 'safe' and what's not. i practice safety in all my flights, not just in my methods or gear but location, and i take the leap to assume all of you do as well, and i refrain from educating all of you.

i must be having a 'larry' burnout or something
Apr 06, 2013, 02:33 AM
lost in the addiction of flyin
lol you wanna see a good train wreck look at the aftermath of this post in the 3d forums section.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13021

look at the flying giants post linked there then go back and read the rest of the posts from 13021 its funny reading.

oh and if you go back to last weekends posts on that you will get to see the photos and vids of what the dink on FG is crying about
Apr 06, 2013, 02:53 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Thread OP
wow, i looked up the rcg side of that, and ... ugh....
Last edited by CrashAffinity; Apr 06, 2013 at 03:03 AM.

Quick Reply