Thread Tools
Nov 29, 2012, 11:34 PM
Registered User
Help!

3 mm rod


Could any one tell me where a good source of 3 mm rod can be found? These Align tail shafts are too short Thanks in advance. Ed
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2012, 08:30 PM
taking time on my ride
IFHELI's Avatar
I buy 3mm main shafts to make my tail shafts
Nov 30, 2012, 11:16 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI
I buy 3mm main shafts to make my tail shafts
Good idia! Thanks. Ed
Dec 01, 2012, 02:36 PM
Mallcopterist
2Doggs's Avatar

Ejector pins!


Quote:
Originally Posted by prop bender
Could any one tell me where a good source of 3 mm rod can be found? These Align tail shafts are too short Thanks in advance. Ed
plastixs.com, 3mm ejector pins. Very hard, very smooth, and a closer fit in the tail bearings and tail slider. I have a tail rotor shaft made by Steve (Kauaiguy) from an ejector pin and it seems unbreakable - it's survived four crashes so far!
Dec 01, 2012, 04:19 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs
plastixs.com, 3mm ejector pins. Very hard, very smooth, and a closer fit in the tail bearings and tail slider. I have a tail rotor shaft made by Steve (Kauaiguy) from an ejector pin and it seems unbreakable - it's survived four crashes so far!


Hey thanks 2doggs, I'll check that out allso. Ed
Dec 03, 2012, 03:34 PM
Registered User
If you're looking for a 3 mm aluminum shaft, try a fabric store and ask for a 3mm knitting needle. It's tapered on one end, but hopefully it's long enough so you can just cut that off. Can't remember if they are solid or hollow.
Dec 03, 2012, 03:46 PM
Mallcopterist
2Doggs's Avatar
Ah, maybe that explains why HK 450 shafts are so soft and bendy..... they're made from knitting needles!
Dec 03, 2012, 04:48 PM
Registered User
Yea! And their feathering shafts too


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rant How many 3 MM motor shafts have you ..... Bill Smudge Electric Plane Talk 12 Feb 29, 2012 02:50 PM
Question Who sells 3 mm X 6 mm prop adapters for 3 blade GWS? cyclops2 Electric Plane Talk 5 Dec 13, 2010 09:42 AM
Question RFM Spinner for 3.2 mm shaft on Hacker B20 Motor with only 3.0 mm shaft? AEMontoya High Performance 1 Dec 28, 2009 03:57 PM
Wanted wtb carbon fiber rods 3.5 and 4.5 mm siryan Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 May 15, 2008 11:05 PM
AC prop adapters for 3.0 mm and 3.2 mm shafts Dr Kiwi Power Systems 10 Apr 03, 2004 01:02 AM