Nov 29, 2012, 05:12 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Redwing RC 20cc Yak54 Profile

I wanted to throw out a good word for Redwing RC. I just received their profile 20cc Yak54 profile. Shipping was prompt via FedEx and everything arrived without damage. Unfortunately, upon opening the box, the wingtube was missing. A quick call to the guys and a new wingtube was shipped out the same day. I also bought 5 of Redwing's Power HD 8309 titanium digital coreless servos to try. I plan on powering the plane with a Super Tigre 2500 gasoline conversion by Lamberts RC. If anyone is interested, I can post info on the assembly.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2012, 11:43 PM
I'm in
Dec 06, 2012, 11:11 AM
I can hover a foamy!
Flight report?
Actually, I'd be interested to know how much work you felt needed to be put into the ARF making it ready to fly. I hear the RedWing profiles are the same as the AeroBeez, and we've had nothing but bad experiences with those so far. Poor covering jobs, designs that aren't up to modern standards, front ends falling off...

I'm sure RedWing is a great company with excellent customer service, but have they been listening to the quality issues that many are having and changed the designs any since the first 2 versions?

-Case
Dec 28, 2012, 02:35 PM
Meramec Mike
I have the SBach 20cc version from redwing and they provided a package of wedge sticks to epoxy in the motor mount area to strenghten it the rest of the plane seems to be good quality, plan on a maiden this spring.
Jan 20, 2013, 06:59 PM
The Twisted Elf
whats the reccomended cg for the sbach?from the leading edge
Jan 24, 2013, 11:22 PM
Suspended Account
Subscribed

I also want to see pictures of the ST gas conversion and hear how it works.

I checked out Lamberts RC. Cool stuff. Did you get the roller bearing on the rod or is that a super tiger thing? I am thinking lamberts should also build roller rods for the dle, I think both my new 55 and 20 have too much slop.
Last edited by Craig Downer; Jan 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM.
Feb 26, 2013, 07:12 AM
Meramec Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnutz
whats the reccomended cg for the sbach?from the leading edge
Front of the wing tube to start and then move to the back of the tube for 3D

Quick Reply