Nov 29, 2012, 01:12 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Great Planes Proud Bird

I figured I would get the ball rolling on the coming soon release of the Proud Bird.

Yes this is NMPRA approved as well.

Details can be found here:

http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma1260.html

DK
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2012, 01:28 PM
"Have that removed!"
Ha ha. Just saw the post - thanks for starting this Dan!

Let me be the first to reply...got two on order myself. I believe they came in the other day and were just released.

I didn't work on this one and am not the authority, but I have had the opportunity to fly it a few times and it goes really nice - flies straight and the ground handling is wonderful (good for the start line and for landing!).

Dan Landis and Frank Noll were racing a couple around the other day for video which should be posted soon.

Tim
Last edited by KRProton; Nov 29, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
Nov 29, 2012, 02:32 PM
Note, the Great Planes Proud Bird comes in plain white covering. This allows you to finish your model in your desired color scheme. Many E-F1 guys have been asking for this in other ARF's so that our planes don't all look the same on the course.

To this end, a great solution is 0.003" self adhesive vinyl graphics from Kirby's Kustom Vinyl Graphics in Ohio found here: http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/kirbysgraphics/index.html

I have used Dennis Kirby's services on my Q40 pylon models with excellent results. Here is a photo of Dennis's work on my Sweet-V Q40 racer. http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/kirbysg...012/Smith2.jpg

Dennis also did a layout for my Danny Kane Miss Dara that worked out real well.

I will be contacting Jim Allen in the near future to obtain the wing plan geometry and fuselage profile geometry so that I can pass it on to Dennis Kirby. Once Dennis has the wing and fuse geometry in his CAD machine, he can cut out a custom vinyl color scheme for you. You just send him a sketch of your design and it's done. My Miss Dara scheme cost about $40.00 shipped to Canada. Probably not much more than you would pay in shrink covering and it was applied in one evening of work.

Randy
Nov 29, 2012, 09:10 PM
Heavy thinker..I mean tinkerer
I really like the fact that it comes plain, I wish more arfs had that option.
Thanks for the info on graphics Randy, that sounds like a great way to finish a model.
Nov 29, 2012, 10:14 PM
Now available for order from Tower Hobbies

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCPFP&P=ML

Randy
Nov 30, 2012, 12:54 AM
i like this plane i got a nitro webra 61 with a pipe that will go on there great!
Nov 30, 2012, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyer92
i like this plane i got a nitro webra 61 with a pipe that will go on there great!
Lol, you'll have to hang a bowling ball on the tail for balance, then it will be slower than the stock "E" set up.
Nov 30, 2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkane
I figured I would get the ball rolling on the coming soon release of the Proud Bird.

Yes this is NMPRA approved as well.

Details can be found here:

http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma1260.html

DK

Dan, Is the Rimfire motor approved now ??
Nov 30, 2012, 12:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PylonDave
Dan, Is the Rimfire motor approved now ??
Dave,

This motor (GPMG4630 Great Planes RimFire EF1 35-45-1250kV Outrunner Brushless Motor) is not available yet. When it is available it will be legal. In addition I cannot comment on when it will be available, but as soon as it is, I will post an update to the list.

DK
Nov 30, 2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlood+
Lol, you'll have to hang a bowling ball on the tail for balance, then it will be slower than the stock "E" set up.
i got the eflite shoestring with the same motor and it does 193 mph on gps with no problem
Nov 30, 2012, 04:01 PM
SB7
SB7
I am actually really slow
Quote:
Nov 30, 2012, 04:02 PM
SB7
SB7
I am actually really slow
Quote:
i got the eflite shoestring with the same motor and it does 193 mph on gps with no problem
Video or it didnt happen
Nov 30, 2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Nov 30, 2012, 06:23 PM
ill video it as soon as i fly it agin
Nov 30, 2012, 07:26 PM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
This thread just got interesting

Quick Reply