This is a most fun Forum - Page 11 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Dec 05, 2012, 06:01 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60
I don't see how they could sue. They don't charge for the information I copy-pasted, so by my reproducing it and providing a link to the original source, I am not causing them financial harm. What damages have been incurred? If anything I am publicizing their work, and making them more well known. If anything I should be reimbursed for providing an advertisement service.
You should review copyright law then. They own the information. Using it without paying for it, is copyright infringement. Doing such can result in being sued for damages; quite expensive damages btw.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2012, 06:02 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam
Of course - but it's still 'my opinion'...

And as I've also said - it's pretty difficult to do anything without someone deciding to interpret it such that a rule has been broken (see it's always in the intepretation)!
Fer gawd sakes - I've often had people tell me what I meant with what I said in an append - as if I don't talk to myself to check..
No, it is actually very simple to do just about anything without someone deciding to interpret it such that a rule has been broken.
Dec 05, 2012, 06:15 PM
D W
D W
I love you man.
D W's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme
You should review copyright law then. They own the information. Using it without paying for it, is copyright infringement. Doing such can result in being sued for damages; quite expensive damages btw.
A couple of years ago I built a T-33 Shooting Star for PSS from an old RCM plan that I found free on the Internet. The plan was originally for an i.c. pusher. Found out during the build that RCM still sells the plan and the site where I found it had no right to post it. I did the right thing and wrote RCM offered to pay for a plan and told them where I found it posted. They thanked me and sent me a free copy of the plan! They said they'd pursue it but the last time I looked, it, and a few more RCM plans, are still there.
Dec 05, 2012, 06:55 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
There's some very thin skin in here.
Especially for the circumscribed members here.
Dec 05, 2012, 09:23 PM
foamie re-cycler
daddiozz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee
Especially for the circumscribed members here.
Hey now! thats gettin personal,...and definitely hitting below the belt......"oh mr moderator.....come take a look at this"
Dec 05, 2012, 11:37 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme
Huh? What reporting do you feel is frivolous?
Please.
Dec 05, 2012, 11:40 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
Please.
No, seriously. What reporting do you feel is frivolous?

You said it is supposedly 'out of control.' Well, what is it, and why do you feel it is 'out of control?'
Dec 06, 2012, 05:08 AM
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme
No, it is actually very simple to do just about anything without someone deciding to interpret it such that a rule has been broken.
I guess we'll plainly differ in opinion, then!

(Bearing in mind I've been on here for about 14 years - and only got some points in the last 18 months. I suppose it's me that has changed.. )
Dec 06, 2012, 08:09 AM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam
I guess we'll plainly differ in opinion, then!

(Bearing in mind I've been on here for about 14 years - and only got some points in the last 18 months. I suppose it's me that has changed.. )
Frankly, that IS the logical answer if you lasted almost 12 years before getting ANY points. How is it you would believe it is something other than your own change? What change external to yourself do you feel would increase your points for violation? Don't you believe the 12 years of pointless activity show how easy it was for you to avoid points?
Dec 06, 2012, 09:01 AM
Registered User
Sherlock's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme
Frankly, that IS the logical answer if you lasted almost 12 years before getting ANY points. How is it you would believe it is something other than your own change? What change external to yourself do you feel would increase your points for violation? Don't you believe the 12 years of pointless activity show how easy it was for you to avoid points?
It is not only an individuals behavior that determines if points are issued or not. As you can see in the moderation appeals threads, the decision to award a point or not is subjective.
Dec 06, 2012, 09:02 AM
Reserved Parking
P-51C's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme
No, seriously. What reporting do you feel is frivolous?
I posted a link to a great example in post 101.
Dec 06, 2012, 09:09 AM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C
I posted a link to a great example in post 101.
Specifically, what about that link do you feel fits the term used in this discussion?
Dec 06, 2012, 09:20 AM
Reserved Parking
P-51C's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme
Specifically, what about that link do you feel fits the term used in this discussion?
Did you read it, then look at its associated links to what it was reporting?

Textbook "frivolous".
Dec 06, 2012, 09:40 AM
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme
Frankly, that IS the logical answer if you lasted almost 12 years before getting ANY points. How is it you would believe it is something other than your own change? What change external to yourself do you feel would increase your points for violation? Don't you believe the 12 years of pointless activity show how easy it was for you to avoid points?
NO - it shows me the rise in those of a prickly skin nature - who also like to play games (like seeming to score meaningless 'points') by using the reporting button.

Basically, running to Momma, methinks!

An example is the plain nastiness that has arisen from appenders on LTUP in the last few years, who can't even accept that others are able to think different than themselves (just like the Libs/Socialists/Dems/Repubs/partisan/etc venom that gets poured out from many of you guys.)

Anyway, I've stated my view - and I'm not going to play any more 'Wrightme/Goat' style of treadmill games - just because you can't accept that others have a different opinion and feel you have to blather on until someone dies of boredom..
Dec 06, 2012, 09:45 AM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam
NO - it shows me the rise in those of a prickly skin nature - who also like to play games (like seeming to score meaningless 'points') by using the reporting button.

Basically, running to Momma, methinks!

An example is the plain nastiness that has arisen from appenders on LTUP in the last few years, who can't even accept that others are able to think different than themselves (just like the Libs/Socialists/Dems/Repubs/partisan/etc venom that gets poured out from many of you guys.)

Anyway, I've stated my view - and I'm not going to play any more 'Wrightme/Goat' style of treadmill games - just because you can't accept that others have a different opinion and feel you have to blather on until someone dies of boredom..
I think it's naive to think that we are the ones that remain unchanged.

We've seen too many previously "normal" posters go off the cliff and commit RCGroups suicide by poking the mods, to think that everyone remains unchanged, here.




-- Madsci_guy, who knows that he has a screw or three, loose.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion This Week's Most Understated Headline herrmill Life, The Universe, and Politics 39 Jul 12, 2012 05:04 PM
Yippee! OMG this is the most I've laughed in ages! Teamsherman Australia 2 Apr 23, 2012 06:08 PM
Discussion Boat Chase(Most Fun u Will Ever Have With Your Boat) celuffka Dock Talk 0 Apr 14, 2012 07:14 PM
Discussion Where did most of this forum go? aaron_jeffrey Free Flight 2 Feb 26, 2011 02:52 PM