Nov 27, 2012, 09:20 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
Yes you can buy a 7W booster for TLRS too... and it's actually 8W!

Or this is the one that I found at least, found it a while ago. 8 watts, wow, LOL

http://hobbywireless.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=807

Dan
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2012, 10:54 PM
Suspended Account
It will be interesting to see the price of this

Might just blow competition away big time

Hobby king is so very cut throat

My guess is it will cost like $1oo for complete set up and rxs cheaper than anything sold

Someone will probably add better tx antenna and booster to show far it can go

It would be no problem boosting the tx with different voltage increase

And higher gain directional tx antenna

This is interesting
Nov 27, 2012, 10:56 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
Yes you can buy a 7W booster for TLRS too... and it's actually 8W!

Or this is the one that I found at least, found it a while ago. 8 watts, wow, LOL

http://hobbywireless.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=807

Dan
Thomas booster is 8 watts if you provide enough volts

Same as variable uhf Txs out there they just boost volts with switch

This tx should be able to put out higher watts if modified
Nov 27, 2012, 10:59 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
well if I ever get past 30km out, I might take a chance on running 7watts

ie probably never

I would imagine that kind of power would wreak havoc on the other ground station systems

This set up should also work at highnoutput and have ground station nice and close

Thomas booster does not wreak havoc when ground station is close

With this system as well as others it just a matter of ground testing and good install
Nov 27, 2012, 11:01 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
Good catch! And yes that's true, only 1 watt output for the TX for a R/C radio is legal.

From HAMTestOnline:

Dan
In Canada we are allowed to use up to 7 watts legally even with basic licence

I find it also interesting in the antenna choice hobby king is going with
Nov 27, 2012, 11:42 PM
Crashomatic
to be honest 100mW at 433mhz if its a good module, its probably enough for most people.. once you change antenna maybe.. although.. it probably still gives a pretty decent range.

I fly my DL on a similar antenna sometimes for space reason if i dont plan to go far lol. still goes way further my other radios go.
Nov 28, 2012, 12:01 AM
fly by night
If it does come in at a hundred bucks w Rx I will be all over it. I need a temporary system to use while I send my DL v1.0 and 4 receivers in for the update to v2.0

David, I sometimes get servos going mad once in a while and noise on the vRx when the DL is close to it. Have not had that happen recently, though.
Nov 28, 2012, 12:16 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
If it does come in at a hundred bucks w Rx I will be all over it. I need a temporary system to use while I send my DL v1.0 and 4 receivers in for the update to v2.0

David, I sometimes get servos going mad once in a while and noise on the vRx when the DL is close to it. Have not had that happen recently, though.
Poor choice in servos is your problem

If you filter the video rx and UHF tx they can be close even at 8 watts
I fly long range with very close ground station and 8 watts

Choose in video frequency makes big difference btw when using UHF

I fly UHF with very low power
Like less than equivalent 1 watt
5 km away no problem with Thomas stock tx antennas and nr rx

1 watt is plenty power especially if you upgrade UHF tx Antenna to directional one
Nov 28, 2012, 12:19 AM
Koo
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
Thread OP
Quote:

I've had the same problem. Do they happen to be hxt900s? I HIGHLY recommend using digital servos with FPV since some servos, usually analogs only, are sensitive.
Nov 28, 2012, 12:43 AM
fly by night
must have been with some old OEM bixler servos. Now I use only the Corona MG in everything.

I use Dragonlink for 4 planes now. 500mW and supposedly 30km range with stock antenna. That is plenty for me. I would have to get real good with thermal soaring to want more some day.
Nov 28, 2012, 12:54 AM
if its really open lrs i think its going to be crap. OplenLRS uses only three channels for hopping. So prepare for nasty dropouts when flying more than one of those together.
Nov 28, 2012, 10:59 AM
Koo
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabazul
if its really open lrs i think its going to be crap. OplenLRS uses only three channels for hopping. So prepare for nasty dropouts when flying more than one of those together.
Good thing I'm the only FPV flier around here
Again, I feel like this might not be the right system for some people but for most people it will work just fine. I'm an optimistic person lol. I really hope the module is going to be less than $50 since they released their spectrum module for $30.
Nov 28, 2012, 02:35 PM
Hi guys,

It is unauthorized copy of the OpenLRS from Flytron !
OpenLRS is an Opensource RC and i'm the developer of that system.
Stop the video on 1:08 and check the receiver.
It is copy of our receiver.
Top 6 pins is FTDI
Right 4 pins is "my personal preference" for I2C 3.3v
Only the difference is 6 pin ICSP. We dont need that because of our production procedure.

http://www.flytron.com/openlrs/146-o...ceiver-v2.html

EDIT: HK removed all comments from the video to covering the Flytron OpenLRS support comments.

PS for HK: You can contact with me over flytron.com for asking my permission.
Last edited by MelihK; Dec 03, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
Nov 28, 2012, 02:57 PM
Wow, i just see the sticker on their module.
"OpenLRS" there without my permission?

Nov 28, 2012, 03:08 PM
Thats not nice of them , you should be credited for your work.

Quick Reply