Nov 27, 2012, 04:18 PM
Suspended Account
Discussion

Bixler 2 questions?

I am buying a Bixler 2 for use with FPV. I own a immersion 5.8 600Mw tx and a Fat Shark camera. I also own a Immersion EZOSD. I need to know the best quality metal gear servos that will work and fit the Bixler 2. I also want flaps. I need to know how many servos total along with wiring and connectors to make it all work. I have a 9x radio converted to a FriSky system and a 4 channel RX for the frisky. I wish to order everything I will need in one order. I am sure someone out there has gone through all this before and can give me a complete list of what to order. THANKS!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2012, 05:03 PM
Reduce the drama...
https://store.diydrones.com/
Nov 27, 2012, 06:35 PM
hjukhjuk
Use 4 Hitec servos if you want quality with two extension wires and a servo reverser. I'm using the cheap hobbyking servos with my Bixler 2 and they work just fine. Your immersionrc FPV components should be plug-and-play with nothing extra needed.
Nov 27, 2012, 06:40 PM
Suspended Account
Is the Bixler 2 better than the Bixler 1 for fpv?
Nov 27, 2012, 07:23 PM
hjukhjuk
The Bixler 2 does have an advantage with it's larger wing area and flaps, but the small interior space is a problem. For anything more than a very basic FPV setup (what I have) I would get the Bixler 1.1 because it allows you to move a battery anywhere you want. The space inside is much bigger because you don't have the screw tubes or bumps on the floor (the bumps in the bixler 2 make it impossible to use a big battery without weakening the airframe).