Thread Tools
Nov 27, 2012, 06:50 AM
Suspended Account
Cool

GOPRO styled camera $139.99 at Woot


http://www.woot.com/offers/swann-fre...m-14#read-more

Looks like a good alternative to the GoPro, priced pretty good too. And you can't beat the $5.00 shipping.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2012, 07:08 AM
Building until we fly w\ Jesus
Shawndae's Avatar
WOW - This looks nice - I wonder how the video quality compares to the GoPro? I watched the video on the site but that does not really show enough to know how it would do on our RC gear.
Nov 27, 2012, 08:28 AM
Registered User
If you want a Gopro knockoff check this out.
Product Features
* Professional Mini HD Camcorder For Recording The Action Live And Uploading To PC
* Video Resolution: 720p (1280*720) Or VGA (640*480); AVI Format With Sound From Microphone
* Choose Between Image Resolution: 5.0 MP (2592*1944), 3.0 MP (2048*1536) Or 1.3 MP (1280*960)
* 2 Inch Touch Screen For Playback Video; Includes Shockproof And Waterproof Case
* Mounts Included: Suction Cup (Cars Or Boats), Handlebar (Bike, Motorcycle), Helmet, Waist Harness, Shield And Car Charger

For $60.
http://www.amazon.com/Gear-Pro-High-.../dp/B008JFS5W8
Nov 27, 2012, 08:53 AM
Registered User
The swann is awesome. I scored one a few weeks ago after much research, amazon had them for 126 with free shipping. Video is very close to gopro but you get SO much more for the money as it includes the snap on LCD (gopro sells separately as a "bacpac") as well as the wireless remote, which is also separate from gopro. All in, to get the same gear in a gopro you are looking at $250 or more. I mounted it to the brim of a baseball hat and have been using it to record watching and flying rc planes and helis, but I know it would work well mounted to a plane as well. The other thing that I like about it is that it can be mounted with or without the plastic housing unlike the gopro which has to be in the housing unless you buy the newest one and then pay extra for a frame accessory which sort of gives you that feature.

Definitely worth the money, it takes 1080p video at 30FPS which looks awesome. The other cheaper camera someone posted above this one is junk compared to the swann.

Tom
Nov 27, 2012, 12:50 PM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
Gotta love woot! That gear-pro looks pretty good too.
Nov 27, 2012, 12:53 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Razor_Racer's Avatar
Look at comparisons on youtube, the swann has worse low-light characteristics than even the original gopro
Nov 27, 2012, 06:23 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
If you want a Gopro knockoff check this out.
Product Features
* Professional Mini HD Camcorder For Recording The Action Live And Uploading To PC
* Video Resolution: 720p (1280*720) Or VGA (640*480); AVI Format With Sound From Microphone
* Choose Between Image Resolution: 5.0 MP (2592*1944), 3.0 MP (2048*1536) Or 1.3 MP (1280*960)
* 2 Inch Touch Screen For Playback Video; Includes Shockproof And Waterproof Case
* Mounts Included: Suction Cup (Cars Or Boats), Handlebar (Bike, Motorcycle), Helmet, Waist Harness, Shield And Car Charger

For $60.
http://www.amazon.com/Gear-Pro-High-.../dp/B008JFS5W8
http://www.amazon.com/Gear-Pro-High-...owViewpoints=1

Looks like some of the reviews were not to good. $70.00 seems a tad on the low side for something that equals a GoPro.
Nov 28, 2012, 08:48 AM
Registered User
It was $59 with free shipping yesterday, however I could not log into my account. EBay has them for$64
Nov 28, 2012, 03:54 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Gear-Pro-High-...owViewpoints=1

Looks like some of the reviews were not to good. $70.00 seems a tad on the low side for something that equals a GoPro.
Who said they equal a GoPro? I've read some reviews on GoPro's that they weren't very good either. I'm not sure what your point is.
Nov 28, 2012, 06:52 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor_Racer View Post
Look at comparisons on youtube, the swann has worse low-light characteristics than even the original gopro
That is true, however I don't fly in low light so that wasn't a factor for me and for most RC folks looking at this cam, I doubt that's a huge issue either...

Tom
Nov 28, 2012, 08:00 PM
Building until we fly w\ Jesus
Shawndae's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
That is true, however I don't fly in low light so that wasn't a factor for me and for most RC folks looking at this cam, I doubt that's a huge issue either...

Tom
I think this is really true for me. I just want a camera for my plane during the day. I just want something better then my current Keychain camera. It is not wide angle and the video is poor. If I can find the Gear-Pro High-Definition for around $60 shipped I am in.
Nov 29, 2012, 08:54 PM
Suspended Account

And your point is what?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
Who said they equal a GoPro? I've read some reviews on GoPro's that they weren't very good either. I'm not sure what your point is.
Did you even look at the ad?

I guess I got confused at the way the item was named (Gear Pro), the way it was made (HD camera inside of a clear waterproof case), the video resolution (1080p), and all of the mounting accessories that came with it.

Or was the question an attempt at being obtuse because I said "equal"? And didn't YOU call it a GoPro knockoff yourself?
Nov 29, 2012, 09:09 PM
Registered User
ifome's Avatar
Here's another coming out at big lots $39

http://www.biglots.com/p/c/as-advert...3&storeId=5119
Nov 29, 2012, 09:17 PM
Suspended Account
With waterproof case, melmet & bike mount

Ha!

I'd take a $40.00 chance at that.
Nov 30, 2012, 09:18 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
With waterproof case, melmet & bike mount

Ha!

I'd take a $40.00 chance at that.
Just a quick glance around the internet turned up some not-so-hot reviews on many of the other Emerson video cameras. I didn't see anything specific to this model but...

Just don't lose the receipt

And post video after you've tried it please.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Gopro Hero ( 1 ) naked at 129.99 ?? JCesar FPV Talk 1 Sep 11, 2012 02:43 PM
Alert HD Camera at selloutwoot! $139.99 kmac1369 Hot Online Deals 0 Jul 03, 2012 08:50 AM
Alert TODAY ONLY! (4/27/2012) Woot FPV Camera oic Electric Plane Talk 1 Apr 27, 2012 08:20 PM
Discussion Woot has a GoPro clone for $145, today (April 27) only nkkromhof FPV Talk 1 Apr 27, 2012 09:35 AM
Off Site GoPro HD 1080p for 129.99 on woot.com timecop FPV Equipment (FS/W) 9 Dec 17, 2011 06:31 PM