Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:02 PM
Find More Posts by boingk
Thanks for the tips, mate, and yes I have a shortened needle on the way with some parts for the Black Widow I'm restoring, namely mixture needle and spare glowhead. After 25 years in a guys basement it looked like junk pulled out of the ground. Cleaned overnight in fuel, put her back together and she pretty much fired right up!

The OrangeRx is all I run - I started with a Spektrum DX5e 2 years ago and have gone up through secondhand DX6i and now DX7i units when bargains presented themselves, selling the old ones to recoupe costs. I wouldn't be flying much at all without the champion little OrangeRx units - I use them in everything from micros right up to my .46 powered Stik and 2.5m glider.

Cheers - boingk
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2013, 03:03 PM
Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Hows it going with this one? Kinda curious to see it in action!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 09:56 PM
Find More Posts by boingk
Good, freakzoid... still looking like the last photo!

Haven't been working on RC lately because of a takeover of the pub I manage forcing me into extra hours.

Good news is the little fellow is in front of me right now so work is proceeding... gradually.

Servos are HobbyKing 9g units as I trust them more than the 4.3g micro jobs. Will see how it goes after final covering and CG adjustments.

- boingk
Old May 03, 2013, 01:21 AM
Find More Posts by MAVA
Should be a missile.