Dec 15, 2012, 10:24 PM
F7X
F7X
Like my Goat?
Earlier today was dead calm, not too cold. Low, slow, smooth, it was a blast.? The second trip to the park, when i posted I was going, was pretty cold. The wind was steady at just under my foamy's power off stall. It was good practice to fight the breeze. Near the end of the third battery i was loosing focus so i climbed up high to practice spins, and blenders. About 100ft up or so what I entered an outside spin and suddenly my one peice airplane became a three peice airplane. Battery came loose, ripped the hatch off. Everything survived, still flies. Fun day.

I have to sneak out when my son is napping. I make too much noise when he's napping, the,the wife encourages me to go fly! Can't beat that!

Eddie: what make/size is your T-28? I love military trainers.

-Joshua
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2012, 10:39 PM
Team of ONE....or...Team Me
Josh,
Good to hear you had survivable flights today, I would have loved to join you but I had to go shopping with the Mrs and then pick up my grandson which I do not mind at all.
Maybe another time when I can meet up with you and bring a few helis and a couple of planes to fly.
Tom
Dec 15, 2012, 10:50 PM
Count me in on meeting up at the park. I do not have anything small enough for the park yet but would enjoy watching. We also have Grandson duty tonight while the kids are off to the Santa crawl in Reno tonight. So as Grandma says, we are in Grandparents heaven.
Dec 15, 2012, 10:56 PM
F7X
F7X
Like my Goat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadTom
Josh,
Good to hear you had survivable flights today, I would have loved to join you but I had to go shopping with the Mrs and then pick up my grandson which I do not mind at all.
Maybe another time when I can meet up with you and bring a few helis and a couple of planes to fly.
Tom
Sounds good, I would really enjoy the company!
Dec 15, 2012, 11:06 PM
F7X
F7X
Like my Goat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyRC
Count me in on meeting up at the park. I do not have anything small enough for the park yet but would enjoy watching. We also have Grandson duty tonight while the kids are off to the Santa crawl in Reno tonight. So as Grandma says, we are in Grandparents heaven.
Nice! My parents are always happy to watch my little man when they are in town. For free... maybe I should charge them to rent my little man! Hahaha! Gives the wife and me a chance to go on a date.

Right now my flights are somewhat spontaneous. I'm going to say 11:00 am tomorrow I will be somewhere at Golden Eagle to do some flying, as long as the weather cooperates. I usually fly for an hour or so... or until something breaks or my fingers stop listening to my brain.

If anyone is planning on joining me, but would like to propose a better time, let me know. I'm easy. I drive a burnt orange late model Dodge Dakota with a camper shell, or just look for the out of control foamy.

OldGuyRC (Thom),

If I don't see you at the park tomorrow, I'll give you a call. I might go out for a second round before is gets dark. Or we can meet an one of our places and take a look at the fleet.

-Joshua
Dec 15, 2012, 11:20 PM
Josh I should be available around that time but if you PM me your phone number I could call you around then to seee how things look.
Thom
Dec 16, 2012, 04:06 PM
F7X
F7X
Like my Goat?
Wow! What a great day to fly. Little to no wind, no glare from the sun, low density altitude, and all the components stay nice and cool. I've got an aileron hinge to repair, the I'm going to head back over before dark.

-Joshua
Dec 16, 2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Wesley
Wow! What a great day to fly. Little to no wind, no glare from the sun, low density altitude, and all the components stay nice and cool. I've got an aileron hinge to repair, the I'm going to head back over before dark.

-Joshua
Josh it was a pleasure to meet up with you at Golden Eagle park this afternoon, and thanks for letting me fly your slow stick. We will definitely get together this coming up weekend and during your Christmas break. I just put a park flyer on my wish list at Horizon Hobby.
Dec 17, 2012, 02:53 PM
Official Boat Bum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Wesley
Eddie: what make/size is your T-28? I love military trainers.

-Joshua
It's just my beater Parkzone T-28 - 44 inch span or something like that. Gear has been removed after a buddy landed her in some boulders and tore them off... hand launch only these days for this one. It has to have hundreds and hundreds of flights. Re colored with household latex paint and Callie Graphics to keep it interesting after the umpteenth hundred flight a couple seasons ago. Only on it's second motor! First one ground itself apart after a couple years. I fly it on 3 bladed props, sound nice and looks cool. Just a few weeks ago I was teaching a buddy to fly RC and I had an old Hitech 555 RX in there flying on channel 21 as I still have a lot of 72nhz stuff with trainer chords, etc. Anyway I was shot down on the frequency and had to re glue it back together. It has a Futaba FAAST receiver in there now, back on 2.4 so no more shoot downs. Flown again some since, after another repair. Lots of fun for a beater!
Dec 17, 2012, 03:34 PM
F7X
F7X
Like my Goat?
That can't be the same airplane in the photo as you're describing. That one looks brand new off the show room floor!
Dec 17, 2012, 04:17 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Agreed. If he is bringing stuff looking that nice to the park, then I might have to come up with an excuse to not bring out my "Sanford & Son" fleet.

...but it is inspiring!
Dec 17, 2012, 04:46 PM
Official Boat Bum
No, no - that picture was made right after repairs - right after a "friend" landed her in the boulders and tore her up. Gorilla glue is our friend! And a little latex paint from home depot. The little sample bottles for $1.50 a piece. For $4.50 I had three colors and for a few bucks more I had some decals from Callie. Oh, I forgot that I did in fact buy a spare cowl earlier when the motor needed to be replaced from so many flights -since I was ordering I added a cheap cowl. So the new cowl was put on when the color was applied as the old one took a beating. It felt like a new plane after the re build. Well, not really a re build, more of a re-"stick together". After the 72mhz shoot down a few weeks ago while on trainer chord she has a bit of accordion crunch in the nose area - mostly the paint has shown signs of compression but the airframe is in good shape still, and straight enough to fly well and be fun to play with. Good to go, and fortunately she does have a bit of Sanford and Son in her so as to be approachable at the field!
Dec 17, 2012, 05:37 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
That's funny. I had the Parkzone P-51. Sounds like it had similar "beauty" marks as yours does. I recently sold mine at a swap meet. But I am interested in getting a new park flyer warbird.
Dec 17, 2012, 05:42 PM
F7X
F7X
Like my Goat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorama
Agreed. If he is bringing stuff looking that nice to the park, then I might have to come up with an excuse to not bring out my "Sanford & Son" fleet.

...but it is inspiring!
It is inspiring! All of my park flyers look like park flyers... or park crashers. Need to start looking for a nice, affordable scale.
Dec 17, 2012, 06:06 PM
Wandering IT geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadTom
Good recon John; the park up here at Silver Knolls has nothing posted against flying.
The AMA Park Flyer package arrived today; we should set another date to meet soon.
Sorry for being absent - I had a whole metric ton of life hit me at the beginning of next week and just didn't have the time or the mood to do anything other than dig myself out of it.

The parkflyers package from the AMA arrived at my house as well. Do we want to try to meet again this coming weekend to discuss presenting it to the target Parks and Rec Department? Is that target currently the owner/maintainer of the North Valleys Park? Do we want to discuss an AMA sanctioned Park Flyers club?

Quick Reply