Dec 12, 2012, 02:20 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
DJI has the best plug n play Quadcopter controller that I have ever seen. But it all depends on what you want to do with your Quadcopter.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2012, 02:44 PM
Official Boat Bum
They certainly look nice. Wish I hadn't sunk in hundreds into a board I'd never use when I was getting into it!! What are your thoughts on the Hoverfly board? What are you flying in yours?
Dec 12, 2012, 02:46 PM
Team of ONE....or...Team Me
I just received a reply from my friend Lyle at UNR and he has forwarded my/our request to the atheltic director Keith H. at UNR. Now we wait until Keith has contacted me.
Dec 12, 2012, 03:37 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
They certainly look nice. Wish I hadn't sunk in hundreds into a board I'd never use when I was getting into it!! What are your thoughts on the Hoverfly board? What are you flying in yours?
I have no experience with the Hoverfly. I think most boards are capable, but some need more attention than othes.

I fly a lot of Arduino based stuff, specifically the early MultiWii and the ArduPilotMega (APM). These Open Source autopilots have some risk associated as you never know what the software is or what it will become with updates, but they do cool stuff. Nothing like sitting in front of a laptop and controlling a fixed wing or multicopter with a mouse.

I have flown a DJI and it is smooth, consistant and pretty much plug n play with no need or ability to make significant adjustments. It will probably be my next autopilot.
Dec 12, 2012, 05:43 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
I went by the North Valleys Regional Park. The North field is an excellent place for park flyers. South end of the North field is apparently being used to harvest sod. Dogs must be on a leash at the park and not allowed on the fields. Also, it doesn't look like the field is used for organized sports, but maybe as a practice field. It's a little wet right now.
Dec 12, 2012, 08:28 PM
Team of ONE....or...Team Me
Good recon John; the park up here at Silver Knolls has nothing posted against flying.
The AMA Park Flyer package arrived today; we should set another date to meet soon.
Dec 12, 2012, 09:14 PM
F7X
F7X
Faster!
Count me in on the indoor thing. I can commit to $10, but give me a week or two to put an indoor aircraft together.

-Joshua
Dec 13, 2012, 01:33 AM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
I haven't touched an airplane in almost 4 months. I have to get indoor/outdoor/night flyers ready and send a transmitter off for repair.
Dec 13, 2012, 09:23 AM
Official Boat Bum
Please post what you decide to put together for indoor and night flyers! I've got a ton of LED lighting set aside for my Quad flyer that never "took off" standing by for use. I'd love to build a simple indoor flyer and a night flyer (or one in the same).
Dec 13, 2012, 10:14 AM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
Please post what you decide to put together for indoor and night flyers! I've got a ton of LED lighting set aside for my Quad flyer that never "took off" standing by for use. I'd love to build a simple indoor flyer and a night flyer (or one in the same).
I currently have a Bixler and Slow Stick setup for night flying. I want to add a Multiplex Parkmaster 3D to the night lineup. For indoor flying I have another Slow Stick, quadcopter, Blade MCX and a helicopter (that I need to learn how to fly).
Dec 14, 2012, 11:26 AM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
I have identified 5 indoor flying location possibilities. I will keep that info on the Reno Indoor Flying thread so we can keep focus.
Dec 15, 2012, 04:55 PM
F7X
F7X
Faster!
If anyone in wingfield/ Spanish springs is reading this forum right now, i'm headed over to golden eagle park to fly a couple batteries through the 3d foamy.
Dec 15, 2012, 07:46 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Wesley View Post
If anyone in wingfield/ Spanish springs is reading this forum right now, i'm headed over to golden eagle park to fly a couple batteries through the 3d foamy.
Thanks, for posting. I will be ready for the "quick reaction" flight opportunities in a few days.
Dec 15, 2012, 08:39 PM
Official Boat Bum
How was it? I flew my T-28 in the park behind my house. Flat light and cold but pretty calm and better than nothin'!
Dec 15, 2012, 09:19 PM
Hi Joshua how was flying at the park today?