Park flying in Reno Nevada? - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 07, 2012, 03:18 PM
Team of ONE....or...Team Me
Jon,

Yes your summary is what I have intentions of doing. As for meeting this weekend I am game but I need a for sure in advance so I can get my stuff all charged up.
On another note I just contacted the AMA Park Flyer Program coordinator, Ben Flesher, and he will be sending out the “How to Start a Park Flying Site” turnkey package. He said it will go out on Monday and I should be recieving it late next week. Ben also said if we need anything else to let him know.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2012, 03:30 PM
Official Boat Bum
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorama
For clarity, it is my understanding that our goal is to find/establish a consistant location for flying Park Flyers. AMA umbrella is desireable. This includes outdoor and indoor locations. Also, the ability to include the community for education and just plain fun is a secondary goal. Is this correct?
That sounds fair enough to me...
Dec 07, 2012, 04:15 PM
I just noted that Jon said fun is secondary....I think the fun should be had at all times but the ultimate goal is to get a few secured sites for flying (indoor and outdoor). The education will be the means by which we as a group gain the attention of the needed facility managers and school district personnel.
I guess that is kind of selfish on my/our part but if we want to use public areas such as parks and schools we will need to play politician as much as I dislike politics it is a necessary evil.
Dec 07, 2012, 04:27 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
If we're not having fun than I don't want to do it.

My thought of a get together was more of an indoor sitdown introduce ourselves and come up with a unified set of goals and plan. I am not against flying in conjunction with or instead of the sitdown, and it will be a fairly good weather this weekend.

Like I said earlier, I have an indoor public space we can meet at in Sparks if that is the way we want to go. My schedule is pretty open all weekend until Sunday late afternoon.
Dec 07, 2012, 05:47 PM
Wandering IT geek
I could meet you guys Saturday... I'm open between 9am and 4pm... Sounds like there's enough initial interest that we should sit down, chew the fat and come up with a proposal for Parks and Rec.

I plan to ski on Sunday so that's out...
Dec 07, 2012, 05:53 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
I am available anytime within 9 to 4. I can offer a meeting place at 1055 Industrial Blvd., Suite 20. It's a workshop with a lounge area suitable for us to talk.
Dec 07, 2012, 06:20 PM
Wandering IT geek
Hopefully everyone will check in by tomorrow... How about 2pm?
Dec 07, 2012, 06:35 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin4740
Hopefully everyone will check in by tomorrow... How about 2pm?
2 is good with me.
Dec 07, 2012, 07:38 PM
That sounds like a plan to me, 2pm Saturday at the above listed address is also fine with me.
Dec 07, 2012, 09:08 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
When you come tomorrow, you will see that 1055 Industrial way is a large industrial/storage building. Suite 20 is at the back. You will see "Bridgewire" painted on the door. Just knock if the door is locked.
Dec 08, 2012, 12:33 AM
Wandering IT geek
I've edited the subject of the thread to be more accurate to the current goal. Hopefully I haven't lost anyone in the process. Maybe we'll pick up a few more
Dec 08, 2012, 11:26 AM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Very nice. Renaming did not screw up my subscription to this thread.
Dec 08, 2012, 11:28 AM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Anyone reading this post, you are welcome to come down and join us today at 2PM in Sparks @ 1055 Industrial Way, Suite 20, "Bridgewire" is painted on the door. This location is near the intersection of Greg and Rock Blvd.
Dec 08, 2012, 12:28 PM
Good, we are still on for today and I think renaming the thread will be benficial, thanks Ronin.
See you all at 2pm.
Tom
Dec 08, 2012, 02:44 PM
Wandering IT geek
See you guys at 2pm.

Chris