Jan 06, 2013, 09:25 AM
My dynam Waco did not have one of those on the esc and it stuttered at low throttle. I changed the esc.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2013, 10:42 AM
Oh no, not again!
Wrt to the strut issue, the interplane struts are indeed wooden and could be left varnished but were often painted to match the plane. The cabane (fuselage) struts,on the other hand, are metal and were always painted.

The rigging wires and attachments are really neat and look to be reasonably scale. It's a really nice touch.

Think I will have to pull the trigger on this one.

Regards,
Jeff
Jan 06, 2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee
Interesting. There was a similar part in the Waco. I never could figure out what it was, and my motor stuttered with the stock ESC. I swapped out the ESC with an E-Flite ESC I already had.
Did the motor stutter with or without this thingy on the stock ESC?
Also the stock ESC does not react to the programming card which I have used for other Dynam ESC's.
Jan 06, 2013, 10:56 AM
With the flying wires installed, I noticed that the left upper wing has a little more angle of attack, i.e. the trailing edge sits a tad lower than the one on the right. This is typically what would be corrected with turnbuckles on the real thing.
Here I guess I will need some left trim when flying.
Jan 06, 2013, 10:58 AM
Santa Cruz, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galand
On opening the box, this thing was plugged between the ESC and the Rx plug.
On the Dynam Me262 thread the most recent shipments also had one of these for each ESC to Rx.
People were wondering what it does.
Somebody asked Nitroplanes and got the answer that it prevented motor stuttering.
On my Me262 which never had this thingy, I never noticed any speech impediment!
Any ideas?
Yes. That is a servo signal booster. It's normally used for the ailerons. I got one with my new Dynm Devil 3D. There is no documentation of its use with the kit! The only clue for me was that they has a sticker on it that "AIL".
It like this one on the Hobby King site:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._2_7v_5v_.html
Jan 06, 2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karltrek
Yes. That is a servo signal booster. It's normally used for the ailerons. I got one with my new Dynm Devil 3D. There is no documentation of its use with the kit! The only clue for me was that they has a sticker on it that "AIL".
It like this one on the Hobby King site:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._2_7v_5v_.html
As you can see in the picture, the sticker on mine says THR !!!
Also why only boost the AIL servo's?
Jan 06, 2013, 02:19 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
Quote:
Not really sure! I will ask Antonio at Nitroplanes on his Facebook page.
Jan 06, 2013, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhspring
Wrt to the strut issue, the interplane struts are indeed wooden and could be left varnished but were often painted to match the plane. The cabane (fuselage) struts,on the other hand, are metal and were always painted.
Whoops - a closer look at airliners.net shows that you are right, and I have just learned something. I might have to paint my cabane struts yellow (though I doubt many people at my local park would notice the lack of true scale). There are also yellow TM's with all yellow struts.

I will also probably succumb to temptation and get this plane when it becomes more easily available in Australia, by which time I should have seen lot's of early-adopter user reviews!
Jan 07, 2013, 11:23 AM
Ready for testing electronics and CG.The quality of the foam and the density is excellent. Two layers of WBPU transform the "velvety" foam surface look into shiny varnished dope look-alike. Blacked the inside of the cockpit added a pilot, decals, balanced the props and voila!
Jan 07, 2013, 05:32 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
Quote:
I asked Antonio at Nitroplanes what that servo connector was and here is his response back to me.

"all their 4s setups will have it from now on and its because we were having throttle signal issues with spectrum so with this little unit it all went away."
Jan 07, 2013, 05:49 PM
Parkstormer!
Quote:
Did the motor stutter with or without this thingy on the stock ESC?
Also the stock ESC does not react to the programming card which I have used for other Dynam ESC's.
It stuttered without the "thingy" on the ESC--mine came unconnected, just loose in the box, with no indication in the instructions of what it was for and I couldn't figure it out. I think I tossed it in one of my parts boxes--I'll have to see if I can find it and try the original ESC with it . . .
Jan 07, 2013, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Interesting. There was a similar part in the Waco. I never could figure out what it was, and my motor stuttered with the stock ESC. I swapped out the ESC with an E-Flite ESC I already had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karltrek
I asked Antonio at Nitroplanes what that servo connector was and here is his response back to me.

"all their 4s setups will have it from now on and its because we were having throttle signal issues with spectrum so with this little unit it all went away."
Quote:
It stuttered without the "thingy" on the ESC--mine came unconnected, just loose in the box, with no indication in the instructions of what it was for and I couldn't figure it out. I think I tossed it in one of my parts boxes--I'll have to see if I can find it and try the original ESC with it . . .
@GradyLee. If you were flying Futaba it all would make sense. If not, I am still puzzled.
Jan 07, 2013, 07:40 PM
Parkstormer!
Quote:
@GradyLee. If you were flying Futaba it all would make sense. If not, I am still puzzled.
I was flying with Spektrum, and got the stutter, but didn't have the thingy connected. I get it . . .
Jan 07, 2013, 08:50 PM
Quote:
I was flying with Spektrum, and got the stutter, but didn't have the thingy connected. I get it . . .
Sorry, I meant Spektrum not Futaba. So it all does make sense. Since I fly Flysky, I'll throw the "thingy" in the parts bin.
Jan 07, 2013, 09:18 PM
This Futaba/Spektrum thing doesn't make sense to me. Mine studdered with a Futaba radio. I've also seen RTF Dynam planes studder with the Dynam OEM radio.

Quick Reply