Oct 06, 2019, 07:21 PM
new Biplaner to be 04 2013

Tiggy on the road

Hi,
after quite some truck trouble during this summer, the "Tour Bus" is finally ready to hold the precious freight.

So, today we had a great opportunity to have a special Truck stop Air Show.

I almost started suffering from Tiggy withdrawal symptoms.
All is good now.

On board on this trip:
Koda (security dog)
Tiggy
Zero A6M2, Flyzone
Wildcat, PZ
Convergence E-flite
UMX:, Timber, Waco, Wildcat
ECX AMP DB (Dessert Buggy)

Happy fall flying to all
CCC
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2019, 02:47 PM
"its not a hobby its obsession
Tidy set up there ccc in your bullnose tractor unit
Oct 11, 2019, 03:47 PM
Thanks jiggz,

and since I'm in the "show off" mood:
My Summer hangar clean up and storage project at home.

Side effect is: I can find stuff again.
(and we have regained half a guest room)

CCC
Oct 14, 2019, 08:33 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
Flew my Tigermoth at our fall fly In on Saturday. It is just a dream to fly, and every time I do, I get loads of positive comments on it.
Oct 20, 2019, 12:53 PM

Tiger Moth on 3S

Due to a slight accident with my Kingfisher the last time I was flying, I was left with 3 fully charged 3S 2200 batteries. I decided to go ahead and try them in my Tiger Moth. To my amazement they worked fine. I could tell there was a little less power but it flew pretty much scale. I try to fly to 3.8 volts per cell and with a 4S I usually get 8 1/2 minutes flying. With the 3S I could get to about 8. Change of battery did not change the CG.
Oct 20, 2019, 07:20 PM
I got FPV fever
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_stan
Due to a slight accident with my Kingfisher the last time I was flying, I was left with 3 fully charged 3S 2200 batteries. I decided to go ahead and try them in my Tiger Moth. To my amazement they worked fine. I could tell there was a little less power but it flew pretty much scale. I try to fly to 3.8 volts per cell and with a 4S I usually get 8 1/2 minutes flying. With the 3S I could get to about 8. Change of battery did not change the CG.
I've always used 3s lipos. 4s makes her fly like a bat out of hell.... 4s is unnecessary imho.

Cheers
Oct 20, 2019, 07:30 PM
I got FPV fever
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt.chaos canada
Thanks jiggz,

and since I'm in the "show off" mood:
My Summer hangar clean up and storage project at home.

Side effect is: I can find stuff again.
(and we have regained half a guest room)

CCC
HiCCC
Just noticed your all models in “Stereo” format Is that an insurance against any possible mishaps ????

Cheers
Oct 21, 2019, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentDude
HiCCC
Just noticed your all models in “Stereo” format Is that an insurance against any possible mishaps ????

Cheers

The "ONLY" doubled plane is the mini FW190.
When I bought the first one in my beginner year, I wanted a LG on it and so I built one.
Took this "contraption" to the LHS and showed it to them.
Next visit in the same shop - they offered me a new broken in box one or $10 - can't say no to that, right.
Fixed her and never maidened her.

Meanwhile my flying skills got better and in Feb 2015 I flew my "Clementine" for.the first time successfully.
Around March/April 2015 the "Wilfred von Wichthofen Saga" was published on RCG.
That had lead to the creation of the two opposing parties:
Jasta von Wichthofen for the Parkzone Albatros DVa
vs the
Beagle Squadron for the Parkzone RAF SE5a

All planes have their own personality and roll to play!
They may look alike to you but they are unique.
A few examples are shown in the pics below.
The bases in Nova Scota also have their own unique ground crews.

Planes with assigned Pilots currenly on duty are
JVW:
Brunhild , Bruno
Clementine, Clemens
Walpurga II, Walter
BS:
Two Seater, Droopy and Stoodwock
Screaming Seagle, Lucy van Yellsing

Now you know.

CCC
Thanks for asking, now I'm wondering if I should get some spares.
Oct 21, 2019, 08:12 PM
Fly as high as the Sun
I'm way behind here, but my only recent flight was with my Yellow Moth...perfection as always.

CCC, from your hangar pic, I never knew you also have an old Gunfighter.....
Oct 21, 2019, 08:24 PM
I got FPV fever
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt.chaos canada
The "ONLY" doubled plane is the mini FW190.
When I bought the first one in my beginner year, I wanted a LG on it and so I built one.
Took this "contraption" to the LHS and showed it to them.
Next visit in the same shop - they offered me a new broken in box one or $10 - can't say no to that, right.
Fixed her and never maidened her.

Meanwhile my flying skills got better and in Feb 2015 I flew my "Clementine" for.the first time successfully.
Around March/April 2015 the "Wilfred von Wichthofen Saga" was published on RCG.
That had lead to the creation of the two opposing parties:
Jasta von Wichthofen for the Parkzone Albatros DVa
vs the
Beagle Squadron for the Parkzone RAF SE5a

All planes have their own personality and roll to play!
They may look alike to you but they are unique.
A few examples are shown in the pics below.
The bases in Nova Scota also have their own unique ground crews.

Planes with assigned Pilots currenly on duty are
JVW:
Brunhild , Bruno
Clementine, Clemens
Walpurga II, Walter
BS:
Two Seater, Droopy and Stoodwock
Screaming Seagle, Lucy van Yellsing

Now you know.

CCC
Thanks for asking, now I'm wondering if I should get some spares.
Hi CCC
I'll have to book an appointment with my Optician then. .
I bet I saw double of all your models and can assure I was not on whisky on that night....ha. ha

Happy flying

Cheers
Oct 22, 2019, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinthing
I'm way behind here, but my only recent flight was with my Yellow Moth...perfection as always.

CCC, from your hangar pic, I never knew you also have an old Gunfighter.....
Well, at least you know she's there for you when you need her.

That goes for your Tiggy and your "Gunfighter" alike

As for my new (10years old) Gunfighter (P51) :
I bought her used for $50 this spring.
She was used and abused and repaired many times.
I was planning to use her as a cheap test platform for an unexplained crash of another plane at that time.
Wanted to test electric components one at a time.
That never happened for two reasons:
I found the crash cause and as soon as I flew this ten year old bird I was totally surprised how well it flew.
Decided on the spot that this bird deserved at least an optical make over and a few minor repair improvements.
She has a BL10 motor, 30 amp ESC and what looks like a trimmed PZ Extra 300 prop installed.
It's friggin fast!

Happy home building my friend, your flight opportunity times will return to you.
CCC
Oct 22, 2019, 12:12 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith
That was my concern. If these motors get really hot the magnets let go wrecking everything. Tonight I put a wooden Falcon 12x6 E prop on her and put in two flights. That prop has thinner blades than the stock prop and needed a little more throttle stick to cruise but she flew just fine. Motor was still pretty warm after 7 minutes of easy flying. Made some modifications to my VK Corben Super Ace today and did two flights with that one as well. This is the best she has ever flown so I think I am on the right track. They are both going to fly in the skies over Rhinebeck in a few weeks.
This is our own local Super Ace. I believe it is the prototype.

RF
Oct 27, 2019, 09:04 PM
Elfi Flyer

Dynam Tiger Moth 50"

Picked up one of these, brand new & never flown, from an RC pilot who is no longer active in the hobby. Hopefully, my Admiral 2200 4S Lipos will be sufficient battery power for this plane. The instruction manual makes reference to a 14.8V 4S pack as being the correct Lipo configuration. I use the Admiral's to power my E-flite Turbo Timber. The Dynam Tiger Moth has been fitted with a Spektrum receiver, so I expect no problems with binding the plane to my 1st Gen DX8. I have a lot of reading to do in going through this thread on the plane. If there is anything known to be specifically "weird" with this plane, feel free to provide a link to any discussion on said weirdness. All of my Tiger Moth flying over the past several years has been with the GWS Pico Tiger Moth, really nice parkflyer, and with which I made a video called "Moth Lurk".

Moth Lurk (5 min 14 sec)

Looking forward to flying the "big" Tiger Moth in the near future.

RD
Oct 28, 2019, 08:05 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
I use Admiral 4s 2200s and get 8 minute flights easily. No full throttle stuff. Just flying around in a scale manner. If you fly from grass, by all means rake the landing gear forward to prevent nose-overs. I love the way mine flies.
Oct 28, 2019, 10:51 PM
Elfi Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith
I use Admiral 4s 2200s and get 8 minute flights easily. No full throttle stuff. Just flying around in a scale manner. If you fly from grass, by all means rake the landing gear forward to prevent nose-overs. I love the way mine flies.
Thanks for the tip. Any suggestions on how to rake the landing gear forward?

RD

Quick Reply