Coyote

I enquired before ordering and they stated 30 days from order to shipping
Feb 06, 2013, 05:23 PM
Praying for better weather
Ah thanks Darren, they must be further on that I thought with it all then
Feb 07, 2013, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgg05158
Yes "YS OWNERS".. you can check YS-X6 owners thread.. no damage also on my FY680 frame..
What is YS?

As shown previously in this thread, I have had some very strange crashes with mine, equipped with the Naza controller! Could my crashes have been caused by vibrations?

Peter
Feb 07, 2013, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrens
I'm of the same opinion Peter............and I'll let you know when mine has arrived as I ordered one last week!
Can't wait to hear your feedback with your first hand experience!

I am still arguing with myself (daily) weather to bye/order one now, and save the pre-order discount.

Peter
Feb 07, 2013, 01:35 AM
Albuquerque USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by psindrup
What is YS?

As shown previously in this thread, I have had some very strange crashes with mine, equipped with the Naza controller! Could my crashes have been caused by vibrations?

Peter
YS is YS-x6 or YS-x4 is a flight controller from zerouav.com just like naza or wookong from dji.com

i think your is much more different cause than vibration
Feb 07, 2013, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psindrup
Can't wait to hear your feedback with your first hand experience!

I am still arguing with myself (daily) weather to bye/order one now, and save the pre-order discount.

Peter
If you don't really need it for your work/jobs just be patient and wait a couple of months and the market will be flooded with BL gimbals of various types. Servo gimbals are history from now on so everybody will start using these in near future... and I am sure there will be dozens of various types within a year.

To topic: anybody got the FY 680 recently?

Where can I buy real carbon version? I do not want the fake one...

I am waiting for the Chinese new year to end and then I want to start to build the hexa with BL gimbal. A plan for this summer
Feb 07, 2013, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d
To topic: anybody got the FY 680 recently?

Where can I buy real carbon version? I do not want the fake one...
i've got one of the very first kits, and a few days ago i got a new frame plate (for a mod to improve frame stiffness...). Both old plates and new one are the very same. I don't think different material plates have ever been built. BTW I wouldnt call it fake carbon... just it seems carbon layers (it seems there are also in the middle, not only on faces) are interleaved with glass ones. True carbon 2mm instead of carbon/glass 1,6mm would great improvement, if folding keeps working (arms can get clamped only if plates bend a little).
Feb 07, 2013, 04:26 AM
Have someone received items ordered from Zhang?
Feb 07, 2013, 04:35 AM
And here are the upgrade for the clip:
"16MM carbon tube mount, more strong than original part."
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/16mm-carbo...art-p-928.html
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/16mm-carbo...art-p-927.html
Feb 07, 2013, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simone76
i've got one of the very first kits, and a few days ago i got a new frame plate (for a mod to improve frame stiffness...). Both old plates and new one are the very same. I don't think different material plates have ever been built. BTW I wouldnt call it fake carbon... just it seems carbon layers (it seems there are also in the middle, not only on faces) are interleaved with glass ones. True carbon 2mm instead of carbon/glass 1,6mm would great improvement, if folding keeps working (arms can get clamped only if plates bend a little).
Thanks!

Well, I would not mind but calling it "full carbon" is a kind of false advertising. They should just call it what it is and be honest. People will find out anyway. I am aware that for $200 it's got to be either very thin carbon or not full carbon. I would not mind paying $300 for the better quality because I so much like the design and size of this frame, I don't really need huge frame, this one is about the right size for my purposes.
Feb 07, 2013, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote64
Ah thanks Darren, they must be further on that I thought with it all then
I think they must be as there website now states that they will start shipping on the 17th February. I don't expect mine to ship then as others will be ahead of me on the pre-order but it does appear they are on track.
I don't personally think this is expensive to be honest, as unless you have very good machinery facilities and are capable of rewinding motors etc it appears to be a very competitive product...............that is of course assuming it far out performs the equivalent servo driven gimbal.
From what I have seen scouring YouTube for videos of this and home-made versions with the same board, we can fairly assume it will be good value for money perhaps?
Feb 07, 2013, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d
Well, I would not mind but calling it "full carbon" is a kind of false advertising.
sorta indeed... but i think "full carbon" means plates and arms are carbon, even if plates material is low quality, to discriminate it from cheaper alu arms and plastic legs version.
Feb 07, 2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simone76
Who did you get it from?
Feb 07, 2013, 03:17 PM
Albuquerque USA
i want to sell mine if anyone interest a lots of extra and mod (in a good-way) done to it. Can include turnigy 40A plush and turnigy 620kv motors. I'm moving up to a bigger one. Let me know

Im from Albuquerque "New Mexico" USA
Last edited by Askyvision; Feb 07, 2013 at 03:38 PM.

Quick Reply