Battlestar Galactica - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Pancari, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 24, 2012, 09:38 AM
What Do You Drive?
Discussion

Battlestar Galactica

Yeah, the boxes are still sitting in my office, maybe today is the day but I got stuff to do.

I am a big fan of Netflix and enjoy watching the old TV shows I never saw.

The best Netflix series was the 2004-2009 Battlestar Galactica, not the 1978 version with Lorne Green, like anyone knows who that was, but I did enjoy the shows built around Dirk Bendict.

I found the 2004-2009 BSG series compelling and always finished each show by saying to myself "Oh Sh*t", and for me is the sign of an excellent series.

Let's face it, network TV sucks and I need to go to Cinemax, USA or FX for something to satisfy my testosterone filled brain.

There is a 15 minute mini-series on YT called Battlestar Galactica, Blood and Chrome which will fold into the Sci Fi Channel 2 hour BSG B/C movie in Feb 2013. It's shot with the same style of BSG and after watching two 15 minute blocks I was hooked.

So while the lipos are charging and it's raining outside... BSG.

Then you can build yourself a Viper canopy for your V929.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2012, 12:09 PM
Safety : practice & promote!

I used to watch the 1978 Battlestar Galactica show back-to-back with the old Buck Rogers show (mmm...Erin Gray....) Good stuff, man.

I was a huge fan of Babylon 5 and Trek (until Voyager) and but my interest kind of petered off after that. The SciFi (SyFy?!?WHY?!?) channel has kind of been hit-or-miss with this stuff. Glad the new BSG is looking good. Might have to check it out.
Nov 25, 2012, 12:34 PM
What Do You Drive?
Yep, Erin Gray was a total POA, shame the show didn't hold up b/c of that Twiki character, they lowballed the show instead of making it for adults. Remember that super hot brunette bad girl, make Gray look like a 10 year old.

I enjoyed the 1978 BSG and enjoyed the plots centered around Starbuck who we know became Face on the A-Team.

The 2004 BSG is REALLY worth watching on Netflix.