Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 10, 2003, 06:00 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Yippee!

Severe Weather Alert: NORTHWEST TO NORTH WINDS 25 TO 35 MPH

Gotta love this stuff!
- - -

NORTHWEST TO NORTH WINDS 25 TO 35 MPH WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 50 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE IN THE MOUNTAINS ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THE STRONG WINDS COMBINED WITH NEAR FREEZING TEMPERATURES WILL BRING WIND CHILL READINGS TO AROUND ZERO IN THE MOUNTAINS.

- - -
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2003, 06:15 PM
Previously plasmasb...
yeah...now lets just see if it will last till the weekend... oh please oh please oh please...
Dec 10, 2003, 06:19 PM
Piscine Promulgator
It's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow, so if that is the case we should have clearing winds by Friday...
Dec 10, 2003, 06:22 PM
Previously plasmasb...
Im hoping the storm gets pushed back into friday that way saturday is when the clearing winds come through! However it is impossible for me to take friday off or even be "sick" for that matter because I am starting a pretty big upgrade of a program we use, so I will also be working sunday as well. So that means the clearing winds will come through either Friday or Sunday. Sucky Sucky.
Dec 10, 2003, 07:32 PM
Fun ain't cheap!
Plasmasb,
You are accurate in your clearing wind forcasting. Friday and Sunday will be fantastic. Of course, I am working both Friday and Sunday.
ARRRRGGHHH
andy
Dec 10, 2003, 08:43 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Muahhahahahahaha!

My last paper for the quarter is turned in tomorrow and then its...

SURFIMP ...UNLEASHED!!!!

Surfing, flying, building, rinse, repeat...will there be time to sleep? Bah!
Dec 11, 2003, 10:49 AM
Previously plasmasb...
The wind meter is saying that it is gusting at 31MPH right now up there. If there is a nice wind god out there somewhere he will keep the wind till saturday!
Dec 11, 2003, 12:16 PM
Never worried about wind where I live (Colorado/Wyoming border). Two weeks ago we had 70-80 M.P.H. winds with gusts up to 90 M.P.H.!

This is what we use for our wind socks up here

-- Acer
http://speedwing.net
Dec 11, 2003, 12:48 PM
Previously plasmasb...
oh, sure...rub it in.
Dec 11, 2003, 01:06 PM
Detail Freak
Yeah, I'm supposed to be working in a < 60' boat, on the BACKSIDE of San Clemente Is. in this stuff, through Saturday. Then by the time I get off, the only thing I'll be able to fly will be an ELECTRIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It only blows when we have to work.
Dec 11, 2003, 01:09 PM
F3X
F3X
Looks promising!!
Dec 11, 2003, 01:56 PM
Piscine Promulgator
I love the Wyoming Windsock!
Dec 11, 2003, 02:16 PM
Plane 0 Gravity 1
Rap up well
Dec 11, 2003, 04:27 PM
Too much wind may not be that good
I went to Knapp but it came out the wind is way toooooooo strong for my combatwing XR. The estimated speed is something between 35 to 45 MPH, or more. I had no way to take off, neither does my friend who flew a 35oz PSS.....
I am wondering that how often that this will happen per year? If very often, maybe a heavy-duty glider such as M60 is needed.
That sounds a good excuse for a new plan.. hehe..

-Kai
Dec 11, 2003, 04:38 PM
Previously plasmasb...
Who was up there with a 35oz PSS?