This thread is privately moderated by NorCalMatCat, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 22, 2012, 11:23 PM
FPV Electronics For Life!
Gallery

Thanksgiving Day Aviation! Super Skysurfer Maiden, FPV, Good Day!

Maiden flight! Ok well honestly it was the second flight, I forgot to hit record on the first!

Super Skysurfer Maiden (8 min 49 sec)

Today was a GREAT day, I spent the entire afternoon flying and hanging out with other pilots. I flew an FPV flight with my Bixler (Probably it's last as the FPV gear is going into the SSS), tested my 1.3GHz Crosshair I made which seamed to work amazingly well, maidened my Super Skysurfer and had a great second flight as well!

Maiden went fantastic! Here are 2 pictures taken after the maiden:

Here is a pic of my SSS, 0utsider89's SSS, and my Bixler in the middle!

And here is a picture of all the planes that we all had out today (2 other pilots where present as well, Stryker is mine but didn't get to fly today):

I am happy to report that she flew extremely well, and indeed loves to glide. Take-off was pretty good, the maiden was by hand launch (my friend launched it for me), and I tell you what I swear this plane just floats out of your hand, for how heavy it FEELS it certainly doesn't fly like it is! Landings where also super fantastic, the first one I used flaps and just gently came in for a nice rolling landing, and on the second I landed with no flaps and got it to just settle right down to a simple dead stop by just riding the elevator just beyond the mush zone .
Last edited by NorCalMatCat; Nov 23, 2012 at 12:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2012, 06:25 PM
That is awesome!!
Nov 23, 2012, 07:30 PM
FPV Electronics For Life!
Indeed! I can't wait for you to come out and see it in person