Thread Tools
Nov 22, 2012, 02:58 PM
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
Rave

Better late than never


Wife bought me a Trex 700E for my birthday two summers ago. I finally flew the maiden flight today. Just figured I'd let you haters know I'm still in the hobby
Nov 22, 2012, 03:20 PM
Official Old Git!
Good stuff, Salty!

Trex700, huh... a big 'un..

(I need to get around to flying again my collection of 30 I.C. sized helis.. I do fly the 450 sized ones, and the indoor ones.... )
Nov 22, 2012, 03:24 PM
56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
56S's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Good stuff, Salty!

Trex700, huh... a big 'un..

(I need to get around to flying again my collection of 30 I.C. sized helis.. I do fly the 450 sized ones, and the indoor ones.... )
I see you are spoiled with the electrics too.
Nov 22, 2012, 03:59 PM
Registered User
DaveG's Avatar
I know the feeling. I've been eyeing a beautiful 1/16 R/C Tamiya Tiger, still setting in the box in my hobby room, begging me to build her. She's been neglected for several years. I'm starting to get the "Tiger Itch." Time to stop "hating" and to start blitzkrieging.
Nov 22, 2012, 04:07 PM
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Good stuff, Salty!

Trex700, huh... a big 'un..

(I need to get around to flying again my collection of 30 I.C. sized helis.. I do fly the 450 sized ones, and the indoor ones.... )
I've flown the heck out of the 500 but nothing compares with a 700 electric flybarless. Friggen 30 knot winds for the maiden and other than dropping like a stone on the downwind turn, you wouldn't have known there was any wind at all.

Sa-mooth
Nov 22, 2012, 04:13 PM
U gotz cheeze burger?
RCWorks's Avatar
I had a heli, didn't care for it much... I sold it and built a 60" span P-51 that I did like.

Mine was a .60 size... I thought it was cool when I went and got it, after a few outings and repairs (None from crashing.) I got tired of it. More power to you if you like them, it just wasn't for me.
Nov 22, 2012, 04:20 PM
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
I've flown the heck out of the 500 but nothing compares with a 700 electric flybarless. Friggen 30 knot winds for the maiden and other than dropping like a stone on the downwind turn, you wouldn't have known there was any wind at all.

Sa-mooth
Dunno about why the need for a flybarless... Yeah, looks better and simpler set up - but what are the real advantages to offset the cost?
Nov 22, 2012, 04:31 PM
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Dunno about why the need for a flybarless... Yeah, looks better and simpler set up - but what are the real advantages to offset the cost?
Sa mooth says it all. Flybarless is much more fluid and stable. Especially when you start pushing it harder.
Nov 22, 2012, 04:39 PM
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
Sa mooth says it all. Flybarless is much more fluid and stable. Especially when you start pushing it harder.
Hmmm... well I only stooge around - never been up to 3D (and actually prefer scale fuz etc), but I might give flybarless a go...
Nov 22, 2012, 04:56 PM
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Hmmm... well I only stooge around - never been up to 3D (and actually prefer scale fuz etc), but I might give flybarless a go...
It's more scale too.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Switchback-Better late than never. Mark Wood Parkflyers 25 Jun 03, 2013 06:10 PM
IHLGF'05 pics posted (better late than never) olgol Hand Launch 2 Jun 24, 2005 10:57 PM
Thanks E-Zone... better late than never Bill Bergman Electric Plane Talk 1 Nov 06, 2003 12:20 PM
Better late than never (Club E3D) Peter Khor Sport Planes 24 Oct 21, 2003 05:16 PM