This thread is privately moderated by Bud Morrison, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 10, 2003, 12:44 PM
Thread OP
Gallery

Post your combat plane pictures here

Post your combat plane pictures here, before and afters or even in combat
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2003, 03:19 PM
This was after my first combat experience almost 3 years ago. 'Butcher" in wichita totaled my stick. The plane lasted 3 rounds before it met its demise. I have been hooked ever since.
http://www.sheepzilla.com/images/SD&butcherremains1.jpg
Dec 10, 2003, 04:31 PM
Thread OP
This is my present project for the spring next year.
It is a Falcon 64 I will be using at our clubs .15 combat events.
I have a second one on the way and will be doing a step by step build on it here in this forum.
Dec 10, 2003, 05:38 PM
Here's what I THINK I'll be flying next season. I've got plenty of shop time coming up this winter to design something else. Most of these planes survived the Georgia Holiday Classic last weekend, my pride, however was severely bruised!

These 3 Barracudas are my own design for Open B. Of course, like every other plane it's based on parts of other people's designs, with a few new things thrown in. 1/2" HDPE fuze, E-203 airfoil, 64" span, 600 sq/in area. 3# 6 oz.
Last edited by JohnWRE; Dec 10, 2003 at 05:59 PM.
Dec 10, 2003, 05:42 PM
These are the SSC version of the Barracuda. They flew really well at the GHC.

8 rounds of SSC with 5 mid-airs. All I lost was a battery-pack, 5 props, and 10 rubber bands!

John Comerford
Summerfield, NC
AMA 79102
RCCA 673
Last edited by JohnWRE; Dec 10, 2003 at 05:45 PM.
Dec 10, 2003, 07:27 PM
Sometimes I'm not so lucky!

This is the "Cuda Carnage" after 6 rounds of Open B combat at this year's Mid-Atlantic Championships in Haymarket, VA
Dec 10, 2003, 08:51 PM
This has been my favorite SSC bird this year. It has flown over 30 heats and scored over 2600pts in six rounds it`s first time out.

http://www.1scom.net/~rv6_flyer/Comb...bird_ME109.jpg

http://www.1scom.net/~rv6_flyer/imag...n_buttocks.jpg
Last edited by Lee Liddle; Dec 10, 2003 at 08:54 PM.
Dec 11, 2003, 09:17 AM
dont know if anyone does this type of combat but knocking planes out of the air..I use this plane...my unicorn...
Dec 12, 2003, 08:26 AM

Mike launching Dad's Falcon.

This is a Open B Falcon that my son Mike built 3 for me that is about to get test flown during Nov 2003 Houston contest which we CD'ed together. Awesome airplane which I set up to be pretty docile compared to the way the "big boys" do there stuff but it keeps me out of the dirt. Lee's design and building techniques are the work of a master!

pw

am unable post the picture. need more training
Last edited by pat_willcox; Dec 12, 2003 at 08:41 AM.
Dec 12, 2003, 09:16 AM
Thread OP
Pat,
PM me with any questions you have reguarding posting pictures. Most of the time the problem is due to the picture being posted being to large and the size of the image file may need reduced.
Dec 13, 2003, 10:24 AM
This is a photo of my Lee Liddle designed SSC Warbird. It is a P39 with 64" span, weighing 2-3/4lbs (44 ounces) powered by an OS LA .15 running fed by a latex tubing bladder tank.
Dec 13, 2003, 10:28 AM
This is an experiment. It has 11 flights on it to date. It is a DIS200 which the Russians gave the production designation MIG5 to. Only two were built as the USSR did not have production capacity during the early war years that they could give to this design.

As shown it is built from 25lbs Dow foam, spans 56", is powered with two OS LA .15 CL engines fed by a single latex bladder tank, weight is 3 lbs 15 ounces, the fuse is covered with .75 ounce glass cloth and the wings are covered with polyester dress lining, the painted finish is exterior latex.
Dec 13, 2003, 10:31 AM
This photo shows two SSC Warbirds and one Scale 2610 fighter. All have been flown with success in AMA/RCCA combat contests. At the top is the Boeing XF8B made of foam with ply crutch covered with blue polyester fabric. The KI61 and the stretched F8F Bearcat both use the Eppler 203 airfoil with washout. If I were to do them again (I did about 5 KIs) I would remove the washout as it is not needed at SSC speeds and only creates unwanted drag.
Dec 18, 2003, 04:02 PM
Here is the SSC version of my Sidewinder. With an engine mount change, it can fly in Open B

http://jwtfamily.org/rcalbums/alazan...10_0.sized.jpg

Here it is turning and burning with Lee's SMACK

http://jwtfamily.org/rc_albums/HouFall2003/abz.jpg
Dec 26, 2003, 05:55 PM
Here is a picture of my Yellow Jacket at the 2003 NATS. It's impailed on the nose of Neil Byrds plane. I came in last at the NATS this year but had a wonderful time. I'll be there next year and I won't be last.

Quick Reply