Jun 18, 2013, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the Fish
The BEC is not needed with the H3-2D. the 20 pin connector on the back takes care of all of that. To charge the battery when not flying, you can connect a usb to the GoPro. You may want to remove the camera from the Gimbal, two screws, but that is it.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2013, 09:35 AM

not using the H3-2D gimbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
The BEC is not needed with the H3-2D. the 20 pin connector on the back takes care of all of that. To charge the battery when not flying, you can connect a usb to the GoPro. You may want to remove the camera from the Gimbal, two screws, but that is it.
Thanks just found my answer Hero 3

Optional 5V UBEC with 5A of power - To make the most out of this product we recommend you buy the UBEC and Cable bundle. This is the perfect plug and play option as the UBEC simply plugs into the cable. The UBEC can be powered from any 2-6S LiPo Battery (8-26V) and has no interference with your radio's.
Last edited by Tom4545; Jun 18, 2013 at 09:42 AM.
Jun 18, 2013, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Sorry, I misunderstood. I just connect mine into my computers USB port to charge.
Jun 18, 2013, 10:36 AM
hello,

I painted my phantop but now, if I fly it in atti mode it behaves normal, but when i switch to gps atti it tilts backwards??
I did the compas calibration and it went okay... :S

could i have reassenmbled something wrong?

anyone?

Gr Onno
Jun 18, 2013, 10:40 AM
Skate & fly
Found some information about the Zenmuse gimbal there:
http://shop.aerodron.ch/index.php/zenmuse-h3-2d.html

1) Gimbal should be plug and play... But for which platform/quadcopter???
2) There will be an upgrading kit for the Phantom

My conclusion:
It is NOT plug and play for the Phantom

Was maybe a way to have a lower price...

Details

Easy to install, Plug and Play

No additional manual adjustment required, no need to adjust the C.G. or parameters in the software. In addition, the installation process is extremely simple and the plug‐and‐play characteristics make it easy for users to experience the performance of the H3‐2D.

Customized for GoPro Hero3

The H3‐2D gimbal is designed for the GoPro Hero3, and remote start/stop shooting, video transmission (video downlink required), etc of the GoPro Hero3 will be supported by future firmware upgrades.

Compatible with DJI flight control systems/ Core Technology is inherited from the Zenmuse Z15

The H3‐2D gimbal is designed for the GoPro Hero3, and remote start/stop shooting, video transmission (video downlink required), etc of the GoPro Hero3 will be supported by future firmware upgrades.

The H3‐2D gimbal inherited the core algorithm from the Zenmuse Z15 gimbal and the unmanned aircraft flying attitude stability control algorithm. Combined with the high precision sensors and brushless motors, the DJI Zenmuse H3‐2D gimbal provides pixel level stabilized footage.

Extremely light weight with solid mechanical design/ Ideal Choice for Phantom and Flame Wheel

The aluminum alloy material and innovative mechanical design makes the gimbal extremely light weight (total 230g, GoPro Hero3 included).

The mechanical design, weight and power supply will match the Phantom (we will release an upgrading kit soon) and Flame Wheel perfectly. The Phantom transmitter can be easily upgraded to give the pitch control function of the gimbal, with a customized slider. No additional receiver channels are needed, it just uses the additional MC channels.
Jun 18, 2013, 10:47 AM
I noticed the listing on the Atlanta Hobby site specifically states it's for the Phantom "Zenmuse GoPro 3 for Phantom (100014230)" but do not have a separate PMU listed.

Other sites as well...
Jun 18, 2013, 12:50 PM
I would like to share with my first video I've made with DJI Phantom:

Motoarena Torun. FPV using DJI Phantom. (2 min 33 sec)

This is result of 4 batteries ( I have flightime about 7 minutes on 1 bat). Little wind, and shaky hands as it was my 5th flight using FPV and 10th at all with quadrocopter.
I have to work on jello as it seems that my solution do not work very good, especially when flying against the wind. I am thinking about additional sorbothane isolation.
My setup:
Immersion RC 5.8ghz 600mw Video Transmitter with Fatshark CP antenna
GoPro Hero2
Jun 18, 2013, 01:17 PM
Honest question:

What does the DJI $750 gimbal (I’m assuming $50 for the PMU) have over the $300 brushless ones? I know it weighs less, but I think the cheaper ones may be just as good at stabilizing video. It can power the GoPro. Do the other ones have video out? Is there any other advantage I'm missing?

I'm not sure I will ever use the video out feature becuase the Phantom is too small to cram all the FPV gear.
Jun 18, 2013, 01:51 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by schutter schippe View Post
hello,

I painted my phantop but now, if I fly it in atti mode it behaves normal, but when i switch to gps atti it tilts backwards??
I did the compas calibration and it went okay... :S

could i have reassenmbled something wrong?

anyone?

Gr Onno
Post a clear picture of your Phantom.
Jun 18, 2013, 02:10 PM
Up, Up & hopefully away!!
What household products works in removing the glue that's left over from the DJI decals?
Jun 18, 2013, 02:12 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
You could mount a V2 in a Phantom if you wanted to. The issue with the Phantom is you have limited real estate under the canopy to mount the PMU and the GCU.
The Zenmuse bracket is designed for the Phantom, F450 and F550 airframes with no additional alterations needed. With a little work, It can be attached to virtually any Multirotor airframe. Everything needed will fit in the Phantom as seen at NAB and by Beta Testers. Adding a different receiver takes up valuable space that the required modules would easily fit in and is not necessary. Yes, it makes for a busy assembly but this was the airframe it was designed to fit on first and foremost.

Some applications will require a PMU and some will not. If a PMU were to be included, it would be money spent that was not needed for NAZA-M V2 and Wookong applications. Because it is so versatile and robust, you will soon find people putting the Zenmuse on a variety of applications.
Jun 18, 2013, 02:14 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by flboy286 View Post
What household products works in removing the glue that's left over from the DJI decals?
Most citrus based grease removers work well but test first in an inconspicuous area. Goof-Off makes a citrus based version that will melt the plastic
Jun 18, 2013, 02:19 PM
Im sure rubbing alc is ok
Jun 18, 2013, 02:20 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cuajinais View Post
Honest question:

What does the DJI $750 gimbal (I’m assuming $50 for the PMU) have over the $300 brushless ones? I know it weighs less, but I think the cheaper ones may be just as good at stabilizing video. It can power the GoPro. Do the other ones have video out? Is there any other advantage I'm missing?

I'm not sure I will ever use the video out feature becuase the Phantom is too small to cram all the FPV gear.
Ultra light weight.
Extremely robust
Protected modules in billet aluminum housings
Plug and Play bracket assembly made for multiple airframes
No assembly
Powers the GoPro
Integrated HD out capability
Network cabable with all DJI CAN bussed products
High quality Swiss made brushless motors
Single cable attachment making for the neatest and safest Gimbal on the market
No P.I.D. adjusting
DJI state of the art stabalization
Jun 18, 2013, 02:21 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire Support 1 View Post
The Zenmuse bracket is designed for the Phantom, F450 and F550 airframes with no additional alterations needed. With a little work, It can be attached to virtually any Multirotor airframe. Everything needed will fit in the Phantom as seen at NAB and by Beta Testers. Adding a different receiver takes up valuable space that the required modules would easily fit in and is not necessary. Yes, it makes for a busy assembly but this was the airframe it was designed to fit on first and foremost.

Some applications will require a PMU and some will not. If a PMU were to be included, it would be money spent that was not needed for NAZA-M V2 and Wookong applications. Because it is so versatile and robust, you will soon find people putting the Zenmuse on a variety of applications.
What do you recommend for landing struts/legs for use with the F450 frame and the Zenmuse?

Or will DJI have a complete solution?

Second question, do you need a GPS module for the Zenmuse to work? Or can you just use a Naza M v1/2 and fly ATTI?

- - david

Quick Reply